Pray expecting results
Sometimes we just need to pray expecting results instead of saying “let it be so if its the will of God“.
Maybe someday I will explain why so many people say “let it be so if its the will of God” when then they ask something of God (but that day is not today). So for now lets get back to the point about praying expecting results.
Just the other day I was locked out of my own house and lost my house keys. There were no spare keys. I was searching for about 20 minutes for the keys but no use. Even the neighbors pitched in and started looking out for the keys.
I realized that this is no longer a problem that can be solved by mere searching. So I called up a friend and we both prayed together in line with Matt 19:20 “For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.”
She asked if the key is not found would I be able to stay at the neighbors to which I said yes. However, there’s where the “let it be so if its the will of God” thing stopped. Both of us desired that the key is found and I able to enter my own house that night. So after a single solemn prayer which was pretty much a free flowing prayer I ended the call and started searching. When searching I could hear the sound of the key and started searching even more faster and got it back, all within 5 minutes of the prayer said.
So I informed my friend that the keys are found and we gave praise to God. Simple and true!
There was clarity about my intentions. It was a genuine pressing need. Plus we believed in God to answer us favorably.
What we can learn from this is that when you are praying in line with the words of the Bible and your need is genuine you can pray expecting results.
This is something which the Lord Jesus too spoke about in the scriptures:
As they passed by in the morning, they saw the fig tree withered away to its roots. And Peter remembered and said to him, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree that you cursed has withered.” And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. (Mark 11:20-24)
Some things you can try:
- If you want to increase your learning of the Gospel or grown in the Spirit ask the Lord who will respond.
- If you want someone to get healed, ask Him and don’t hesitate.
- If you find it a bit hard to pray by yourself, get in a prayer agreement with another Christian brother or sister.
- Try to reduce instances in which you are not sure of what you are praying for.
- Avoid situations as much as you can where you have to say “let it be so if its the will of God”
- Challenge your own faith to increase.
Hope this helps you to pray expecting results.
- Powerful Prayer (universitychristian.wordpress.com)
- Prayer of faith (mubiana.com)
- Pray Without Ceasing (jamespspencer.wordpress.com)
- Developing Confidence in Prayer (jesushealsthesick.wordpress.com)
- True Life: I (Really) Want To Get Marriedchrist (dwaynepreed.wordpress.com)