Monthly Archives: November 2013
A very important thing in seeking the truth is that one must seek only the truth and nothing else. Our senses can be deceived if our pursuit of truth is full of distractions. Distractions while doing the will of God come from the devil. So they must be rejected.
Rejection of falsehood is not enough. We must accept the truth. This truth is manifest in the Bible. Make it a point to get acquainted with it. Put it to memory. Make it a regular part of your life. You’ll then see the results by fruitful adherence to the words of the Gospel.
- God’s Truth (cillelitchfield.com)
- Just Because They Were First Doesn’t Mean It’s Truth (strenayharrisblog.wordpress.com)
Eight great steps to keep your church weak and lukewarm. (Avoid them!)
1. Don’t talk about the Hell or the Judgments of God. You can talk about Love, Mercy & forgiveness. But Wrath, Judgments & Hell are just not popular messages anymore.
2. Don’t talk about speaking in tongues, because of its strangeness, you don’t want to scare anyone away.
3. Don’t talk about deliverance, demonic attacks or Spiritual warfare, these subjects are only for a select few, not everyone.
4. Don’t acknowledge any current prophets, any current visions, or any current prophesies. You’ll need to protect your church’s reputation from anything controversial. If someone in your congregation is getting vision or prophecies, talk to them privately but don’t let the congregation know about these.
6. Don’t use the Laying on of Hands.
7. Preach the Cross is something they don’t need to pick up.
8. Don’t talk about being filled with the Holy Spirit, just assume that once a person says a little prayer and attends church, that he is already full of the Spirit, and nothing else is needed.
When you sing praise to the Lord then sing it like you mean it and mean when you sing it!
God doesn’t need faint praises. You need to sing it with intensity. Oh, just came to my mind, if you come from a ‘silent’ worship background like mine you will say that God listens to the heart and not outward gimmicks. Well, I do agree with you! However the point of this article is NOT to downplay silent worship but to be a help of those who actually SING praises to God. May be in the future I will write on what silent worship is.
Scripture encourages singing your praises to God. It’s really wonderful to even read the below verses that admonish singing unto the Lord God.
- Psalm 71:23 My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praises to you; my soul also, which you have redeemed.
- Psalm 135:3 Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; sing to his name, for it is pleasant!
- Psalm 95:2 Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!
- Psalm 13:6 I will sing to the Lord, because he has dealt bountifully with me.
Well if you note the above scripture you realize some truths. Here we go;
- We sing praise to the Lord because he redeemed us and he is good.
- We sing praise because we are thankful to the Lord.
And there are just two truths about singing praise unto the Lord. There are many more in the Bible. You can learn about praising God with full effort from my earlier article. I recommend that you go through it if you didn’t get to read it earlier.
However praising God with full effort is not the end in itself. You need to mean what you sing unto God. You are NOT supposed to fake the praises of God. I mean if you doubt God, if you hold atheism to your heart but were raised in a Christian home and come to church only as an obligation, then your doubtful praise doesn’t help you with God.
You need to believe that Christ exists and is the only Savior of the World. You need to believe in the Holy Spirit as part of the Triune God head.Praising the Lord without believing in the Gospel is actually an act of hypocrisy! I mean why does a person sing praise to the Lord who gave us the Gospel when he/she doesn’t believe the Gospel? Makes no sense nor logic at all.
You need to believe in the whole Bible, not just the Gospel alone. Do you believe in the book of Genesis when you praise the Lord who is mentioned in Genesis? Genesis 1:1 says that, In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. So if one can’t trust God in that he created the world, then how can even trust in HIS Word all the away to the Book of Revelation? The Bible speaks of creation at various points like the below:
- Colossians 1:16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.
- Exodus 20:11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
- Revelation 14:6-7 Then I saw another angel flying directly overhead, with an eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on earth, to every nation and tribe and language and people. And he said with a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come, and worship him who made heaven and earth, the sea and the springs of water.”
Your action and intention need to be in the same direction when singing praises to God. Here are few quotes that drive this message:
- “Forms and rituals do not produce worship, nor does the disuse of forms and rituals. We can use all the right techniques and methods…but we have not worshipped the Lord until Spirit touches spirit.” – Richard J. Foster
- “Just as a master violin maker designs an instrument to produce maximum aesthetic results, so God tailor-made our entire being, souls and spirits to work together in consonance to produce pleasing expressions of praise and worship.” – Don McMinn
- “If you come to worship for any reason other that the joy and pleasure and satisfaction that are to be found in God, you dishonor Him…God’s greatest delight is your delight in Him.” – Sam Storms
- “Don’t let your life give evidence against your tongue. Sing with your voices… sing also with your conduct.” – St. Augustine
- “The Lord calls his ransomed people to sing songs of victory” – St. Athanasius
I do hope this encourages you to praise God with full effort and right intentions! God bless.
This thought just came to my mind, that Christ is undefeated. Death couldn’t keep him in the grave forever. Sin couldn’t dirty him. Sickness faded at his rebuke and demons could never out do him. The devil is really scared of him till this day.
Christ overcame the cross. He made Herod’s plan to kill him a total mess. The Pharisees tried to stop his gospel but never succeeded. Christ succeeds even this day.
No matter what happens on the earth. No matter what happens to the economy. Christ is undefeated!
Sometimes all Christians need to remind themselves about this and each other as well. Life is too short to measure it by the economy or what movie you last went to. Look at life with a view of eternity. Little tyrants here and there spring up and then comes their time on earth. Leaders grow up, gain your votes, rule a while and then become nondescript unless they didn’t their country real good.
Christ remains king forever. He kingship never ends. Never will he lose to the Devil nor any scheme of man.
You got to remind yourself this again and again. This should help you stand your ground in this world where things have nowadays been really shaky. You have a victorious Lord in the heavens. Don’t look down but look up to Christ who can make all things new. Stay mindful of the many victories of Christ.
- Christians Might Flee, Christ Never Will (annawood.wordpress.com)
- King Herod and a good word (thenakedtruth2.wordpress.com)
- Stay Your Ground (syl65.wordpress.com)
Have been noticing that there’s been a lot of movies, TV shows and novels in the recent years that show people against the forces of darkness. Though its shown that good prevails over evil in such art mediums, much of the techniques used are very much useless if you were in a real life situation. I mean do you really think that a demon will wait till you put garlic flakes around your house and only then try to attack you?
So here are 10 principles that you can use to cast out demons:
- Carry your cross. If you feel comfortable wearing a literal cross then keep doing it. But the point is that you need to accept Jesus and carry the cross that is set forth before you. Read Matthew 16:24-26 , Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?
- Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you (James 4:7). From this scripture one can understand that if you actually submit to God you have valid ground to resist the Devil.
- Use the name of Jesus to cast out demons. Jesus has authority over all the powers of darkness. Jesus said in Mark 16 “Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons”Even the Apostles of Christ cast out demons in the name of Jesus. Read Acts 16:16-18; As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners much gain by fortune-telling. She followed Paul and us, crying out, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation.” And this she kept doing for many days. Paul, having become greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And it came out that very hour.
- Co-operate with others who cast out demons. Don’t try to stop them. Mark 9:38 “And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out demons in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.” Verse 39 “But JESUS said, forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a MIRACLE in My Name, that can lightly speak evil of me.”
- Pray and fast. Don’t feel that you are inadequate due to fasting. You might need to fast due to certain types of Demons who don’t get kicked out easily, just so that your faith increases enough to push them back. Matthew 17:18-21: “And JESUS rebuked the demon, and it came out of him, and the boy was cured instantly. Then the disciples came to JESUS and asked privately, Why could we not drive it out? He said to them, Because of the littleness of your faith [that is, your lack of firmly relying trust]. For truly I say to you, if you have faith [that is living] like a grain of mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, Move from here to yonder place, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”
- Intention of the heart must be correct. You want deliverance from the demons. Do not be a sceptic at this. Believe me, if you don’t want to actually remove the demon you are not safe trying to even walk about the demon. Just move out of that place in are in doubt. Demons can easily detect if a person believes or is just faking it. If you don’t believe in Jesus kindly do not use his name to cast out demons, it can be highly dangerous to you. Read Acts 19:13-16 Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists undertook to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, “I adjure you by the Jesus whom Paul proclaims.” Seven sons of a Jewish high priest named Sceva were doing this. But the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I recognize, but who are you?” And the man in whom was the evil spirit leaped on them, mastered all of them and overpowered them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
- You must forgive everyone who has ever hurt you in any way. Demons like to gain entry via the door of unforgiving nature. Usually if trying to cast out a demon out of someone who has been hurt in the past by someone, it would be important that you get that hurt person to forgive his oppressor. Say, “Father, in JESUS’ name I forgive my father, mother, brothers, sisters, relatives, (name anyone else now), and anyone else who has ever hurt me.” Jesus in Matthew 6:14-15 says “For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins”
- Be specific about all the demons you want to cast out. There are demons that are given to certain types of works that they rule over. Like there are demons who cause marriages to break up, while some demons try to influence a person to commit suicide, then there those demons who help. So first try to identify if there is a demon involved and then understand what type of demon it is. For whatever demon you have identified you can say, ‘In the name of Jesus I cast out demons of hate (or whatever other name) totally out of my life (or this place/person) or you say “All malice, come out in the name of Jesus!”
- Cover yourself with the Blood of Jesus. Cover all whom are in need of deliverance or protection from demons by the blood of Jesus. You can say something like this ‘In Jesus’ name I cover myself with the Blood of Jesus, all my family members, everyone seeking deliverance, and this area/property that I am now in. I bind up all the demons in me and around me, and in everyone seeking deliverance, in the name of Jesus.
- Authority of the scriptures is final and binding. I felt that this needs to mentioned due to legalism in some religious circles. No negotiation over here. Don’t care what the church group might have taught you if it goes against the manifest and written word of God. You need to be in line with the word of God when doing deliverance or you may face a nasty situation like that mentioned above (in principle 6) of the sons of Sceva. Don’t say that you need a specially delegated authority to cast out demons and it must given to you by the highest church authority in your region. This doesn’t mean that I am telling you to leave your job and go full time in to deliverance. What I mean is that, as and when you come across a situation in which demons have to be removed you don’t get into a panic and pass the buck saying you are not qualified. Because the scripture qualifies you provided you believe in it. Jesus said, “Those that believe shall cast out demons” (Mark 16:17). If there is your church leader who says you need special delegation of authority ask him if he ever read Mark 16:17. Tell him Jesus long time back in the scripture arranged for all the delegation that is needed.
- The Blood of Jesus in Spiritual Battle (dianarasmussen.com)
- Why Demonic Torment? (settingcaptivesfree.me)
- Overcoming the Spirit of Infirmity (jesushealsthesick.wordpress.com)
- WHY COULD WE NOT CAST HIM OUT?..An experience in failure (jesushealsthesick.wordpress.com)
- Pleading the Blood of Jesus Is an Action Word… Amen !! (willistine.wordpress.com)
Beware of the Cross-Less gospel. It states that Jesus picked up His cross, but you don’t have to. Sacrifice is still a major part of the Christian’s walk, but sacrifice only what the Lord commands you to. Your spiritual maturity is determined by how much you are willing to sacrifice for the Lord.
Matthew 16:24 – Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
Carrying your cross doesn’t mean that its mere acceptance of the cross but also that you carry it daily.
Luke 9:23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.
There is only one true Gospel which comes from Christ. You can read it in the Bible. Don’t go by what others ‘feel’ is the Gospel. Don’t go by what others ‘suggest’ is the Gospel. Go for the facts, go by the Bible only.
Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.
- Why Shouldn’t We Trust the Non-Canonical Gospels Attributed to Peter? (str.typepad.com)
- Christianity Seemed so Easy When…..I was Luke Warm!!!! (sammyfavoured.wordpress.com)
- The Sacred and the Shameful: Our Attendance and Conduct at Church (regenerationandrepentance.wordpress.com)
- Theme God’s Word (fairfieldparkcruisader.wordpress.com)
- Study Gods Word (wiggooch.wordpress.com)
- Flee Sexual Immorality As Told by the Bible (styleisours.wordpress.com)
- RUN!!! Run From What??? Are You For Real (poems4him.wordpress.com)
Worthless tradition is the norm,
When hypocrisy takes form.
Ignoring the promptings of God,
His covenant they underfoot trod.
Bad, real bad are worthless traditions,
like shallow, squeaky music renditions.
Denying the ways of truth so pure,
Open deceit they love to endure.
Enough of this, enough of this,
Never ever give God a miss.
Get back and hear the Spirit’s call,
No more stumbling or fall.
Look to Him who made the stars,
And who healed the leper’s scars.
Faith in Christ alone can give salvation,
Trying to buy it out is damnation.
Dead works do you no good,
They’re like drenched firewood.
Follow God with right intentions,
Don’t be stuck on man made inventions.