10 principles that you can use to cast out demons
Have been noticing that there’s been a lot of movies, TV shows and novels in the recent years that show people against the forces of darkness. Though its shown that good prevails over evil in such art mediums, much of the techniques used are very much useless if you were in a real life situation. I mean do you really think that a demon will wait till you put garlic flakes around your house and only then try to attack you?
So here are 10 principles that you can use to cast out demons:
- Carry your cross. If you feel comfortable wearing a literal cross then keep doing it. But the point is that you need to accept Jesus and carry the cross that is set forth before you. Read Matthew 16:24-26 , Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?
- Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you (James 4:7). From this scripture one can understand that if you actually submit to God you have valid ground to resist the Devil.
- Use the name of Jesus to cast out demons. Jesus has authority over all the powers of darkness. Jesus said in Mark 16 “Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons”Even the Apostles of Christ cast out demons in the name of Jesus. Read Acts 16:16-18; As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners much gain by fortune-telling. She followed Paul and us, crying out, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation.” And this she kept doing for many days. Paul, having become greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And it came out that very hour.
- Co-operate with others who cast out demons. Don’t try to stop them. Mark 9:38 “And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out demons in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.” Verse 39 “But JESUS said, forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a MIRACLE in My Name, that can lightly speak evil of me.”
- Pray and fast. Don’t feel that you are inadequate due to fasting. You might need to fast due to certain types of Demons who don’t get kicked out easily, just so that your faith increases enough to push them back. Matthew 17:18-21: “And JESUS rebuked the demon, and it came out of him, and the boy was cured instantly. Then the disciples came to JESUS and asked privately, Why could we not drive it out? He said to them, Because of the littleness of your faith [that is, your lack of firmly relying trust]. For truly I say to you, if you have faith [that is living] like a grain of mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, Move from here to yonder place, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”
- Intention of the heart must be correct. You want deliverance from the demons. Do not be a sceptic at this. Believe me, if you don’t want to actually remove the demon you are not safe trying to even walk about the demon. Just move out of that place in are in doubt. Demons can easily detect if a person believes or is just faking it. If you don’t believe in Jesus kindly do not use his name to cast out demons, it can be highly dangerous to you. Read Acts 19:13-16 Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists undertook to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, “I adjure you by the Jesus whom Paul proclaims.” Seven sons of a Jewish high priest named Sceva were doing this. But the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I recognize, but who are you?” And the man in whom was the evil spirit leaped on them, mastered all of them and overpowered them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
- You must forgive everyone who has ever hurt you in any way. Demons like to gain entry via the door of unforgiving nature. Usually if trying to cast out a demon out of someone who has been hurt in the past by someone, it would be important that you get that hurt person to forgive his oppressor. Say, “Father, in JESUS’ name I forgive my father, mother, brothers, sisters, relatives, (name anyone else now), and anyone else who has ever hurt me.” Jesus in Matthew 6:14-15 says “For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins”
- Be specific about all the demons you want to cast out. There are demons that are given to certain types of works that they rule over. Like there are demons who cause marriages to break up, while some demons try to influence a person to commit suicide, then there those demons who help. So first try to identify if there is a demon involved and then understand what type of demon it is. For whatever demon you have identified you can say, ‘In the name of Jesus I cast out demons of hate (or whatever other name) totally out of my life (or this place/person) or you say “All malice, come out in the name of Jesus!”
- Cover yourself with the Blood of Jesus. Cover all whom are in need of deliverance or protection from demons by the blood of Jesus. You can say something like this ‘In Jesus’ name I cover myself with the Blood of Jesus, all my family members, everyone seeking deliverance, and this area/property that I am now in. I bind up all the demons in me and around me, and in everyone seeking deliverance, in the name of Jesus.
- Authority of the scriptures is final and binding. I felt that this needs to mentioned due to legalism in some religious circles. No negotiation over here. Don’t care what the church group might have taught you if it goes against the manifest and written word of God. You need to be in line with the word of God when doing deliverance or you may face a nasty situation like that mentioned above (in principle 6) of the sons of Sceva. Don’t say that you need a specially delegated authority to cast out demons and it must given to you by the highest church authority in your region. This doesn’t mean that I am telling you to leave your job and go full time in to deliverance. What I mean is that, as and when you come across a situation in which demons have to be removed you don’t get into a panic and pass the buck saying you are not qualified. Because the scripture qualifies you provided you believe in it. Jesus said, “Those that believe shall cast out demons” (Mark 16:17). If there is your church leader who says you need special delegation of authority ask him if he ever read Mark 16:17. Tell him Jesus long time back in the scripture arranged for all the delegation that is needed.
- The Blood of Jesus in Spiritual Battle (dianarasmussen.com)
- Why Demonic Torment? (settingcaptivesfree.me)
- Overcoming the Spirit of Infirmity (jesushealsthesick.wordpress.com)
- WHY COULD WE NOT CAST HIM OUT?..An experience in failure (jesushealsthesick.wordpress.com)
- Pleading the Blood of Jesus Is an Action Word… Amen !! (willistine.wordpress.com)