Monthly Archives: December 2013
Ephesians 3:14-21 14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
The new year which is 2014 is soon approaching. 2013 will soon go away. Thank the Lord God that you lived through 2013 even though this year on a worldwide level has seen a lot of increase in warfare and natural calamities.
Jesus is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us (Ephesians 3:20). So we can ask HIM to bless the coming year 2014 for ourselves. For this you need to simply pray. Acknowledge that HE can and will bless you when you ask.
You need to pray it right to be blessed. Here’s an example of what I mean:
St. Patrick the Irish saint said these wonderful words in prayer; May the strength of God pilot us, may the wisdom of God instruct us, may the hand of God protect us, may the word of God direct us. Be always ours this day and for evermore.
You need to have the right intentions and actually pray it out.
James 4:1-3 What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.
Not just wishful thinking. Wouldn’t it be strange if a child went to his parents and wanted a cupcake but never told them, however he would keep yelling that the parents never love him?
It would be much simpler if he would just tell his parents what he wants, right? The parent would then decide if a little cake piece would be good to have (cakes are always good anyways!) for the kid taking into consideration the child’s overall health and well-being. The point is the kid should ask for a cake and not a snake from his parent! Obviously a responsible parent won’t give a snake to the kid.
Here are a few prayer points that you can ask the Lord for the year 2014. You may add more as per your personal, family and work needs. Now for the prayer points which you can confess for yourself:
- I pray that I experience the favour of Christ in my interactions with my friends, family, business partners, clients, officials of various kinds so that I prosper in life.
- Let me always remember the will of God in everything I do.
- That I be free from the grasp and influence of the evil one and his demons.
- That I experience the true rest and hope that comes from Christ and NEVER depend on any false hope that comes from the world.
- That the Lord God opens new doors so that I can expand my capabilities and skills.
- That there be perfect health of body, mind and spirit in oneself and ones loved ones.
- That I be able to reach out to the poor and underprivileged and help them overcome their difficult situation to the best of my abilities.
- That I reach more people with the Gospel.
- That I be more creative and innovative and free from destructive thoughts and actions.
- That there be NO more terrorist attacks and bombings in my area/state. If there haven’t been any terror activities then I pray that they NEVER happen here or anywhere around me.
- That I be the head and not the tail. I mean I make the right choices no matter who says what and that I don’t be run around by negative people.
- I pray I’m blessed financially and be free from all covetousness.
- I pray that I fulfill all the key performance criterion for work/study in my office/educational institute. Let success come to me in these areas without me losing my peace.
- That I am fully restored and all that the devil has taken from me be given back to me for I am a child of God
These are some of the prayer points. I hope you do pray them and add some of your points as well. I pray and wish that God’s blessings find you in 2014. Amen.
- 2014 One Hundred Days Fast (hursconcepts.wordpress.com)
- Hear My Voice, O God – Psalm 64:1 (northsidepbc.wordpress.com)
- 2014: The Year of Restoration (renewednrestored.wordpress.com)
- A New Years Prayer (lifebrook.wordpress.com)
- Parents: Armed and Loaded with Prayer – Dutch Sheets (downundernewsblog.wordpress.com)
I wish you a very happy and blessed Christmas. May this Christmas season bring you closer to Jesus. May the peace, hope and joy from Christ fill your lives and touch everyone whom you come in contact with. Jesus is the reason for the reason. Lets celebrate the coming of Jesus when he was born on earth so that he could save the world. Thanks to God for sending Jesus. Amen.
- No Mistake – Merry Christmas (lifeofafemalebiblewarrior.wordpress.com)
- Happiness lies in forgiveness. May baby Jesus bring you happiness this Christmas and help you to forgive all those who have hurt you. Merry Christmas to you and your family. (andrealouca.wordpress.com)
- Naijaobserver Wishes You a Merry Christmas!!! (naijaobserver.wordpress.com)
- Merry Christmas! We Celebrate The Birth Of Jesus, The Son Of The Only God. (divinefreedomradio.wordpress.com)
Why was Jesus born?
Answer : Jesus was born because God wanted to save mankind and give us eternal life through him. All have sinned. Sin brought it it death to the human race. However, nobody could have gained salvation by their own works or efforts. So God sent his only son Jesus to come as a man and reconcile all people unto God.
Bible verses to reflect on:
John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Luke 19:10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost
- Happy Birthday and Happy Birthday to the Lord Jesus Christ Aka Christ Jesus (shawneejohnsonministries.wordpress.com)
- True Meaning (dontgetcomfortableblog.wordpress.com)
- WHY JESUS CAME- He Came to Save Us (heulu.wordpress.com)
- The First Christmas Gift (revsalmancini.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Is the Reason for the Season (grethestanley.wordpress.com)
- Remember that Christ is the reason for the season. So spend time with him in prayer, in quietness and trust.
- Give thanks to God for sending Jesus the Lord. You can pray, you can sing, write a poem, paint etc. No limits to that, feel free to express your gratitude to God
- Don’t celebrate Christmas alone. Christmas is a season of being together not just with the Lord Jesus but also with others. Call up your family and friends and greet them with good tidings. Text or email them or if you prefer you can even post a greeting card.
- Celebrate really well in good cheer. I mean don’t pull a sad face. Cheer up for we remember the coming of God’s son to save us.
- Avoid overeating and being drunk. Be balanced in that area or you may feel too heavy or sluggish. Proverbs 23: 20-21: Be not among winebibbers or among gluttonous eaters of meat; for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and drowsiness will clothe a man with rags.
- Try to get some free time. Take leave if you are working so that you are not too engrossed in work when its time to celebrate. Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens
- Go to church. See the Christmas cribs. Hear the carols and sing them. Be inspired by the word of God preached about the first coming of Christ and be blessed.
In the Old Testament the Lord God said, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope” (Jeremiah 29:11)
God loves his people and works out plans that help his people rise up against all odds. Abraham and Sarah didn’t have child due to her barrenness but the Lord God gave her favor and she bore a son. Joseph in Egypt lived as a slave but by God’s favor he became the greatest man in Egypt second only the Pharaoh of Egypt. Moses led the Hebrews away from the slavery of Egypt with many signs and wonders of God.
In these instances and many other mentioned in the Old Testament God provided hope to his people. There was one hope still pending, it was prophesied that the savior of the world would manifest in Israel. This was and is the greatest hope not just to the Jews but also to the whole world.
Isaiah 9:1,2 says that, Nevertheless, there will be no more gloom for those who were in distress. In the past he humbled the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, but in the future he will honor Galilee of the Gentiles, by the way of the sea, along the Jordan–The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.
Micah 5:2 “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of you shall come forth to Me the One to be Ruler in Israel, whose goings forth are from of old, from everlasting.”
Jeremiah 23:5 “Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord, “That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness; a King shall reign and prosper, and execute judgment and righteousness in the earth.”
Here is my servant whom I have chosen…In his name the nations will put their hope Isaiah 42:1-4 quoted in Matthew 12:17-21
Yes this speaks about Jesus the son of the Living God and he gives hope. He came on earth fully man and yet was fully God. This is the faith that he came to seek and save the lost and destroy the works of the Evil one.
Psalm 110:1 A psalm of David. The LORD said to my Lord, “Sit in the place of honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies, making them a footstool under your feet.”
This is the Lord Jesus’ mission statement; “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.” Isaiah 61:1,2 quoted in Luke 4:18-19.
The mission of Jesus is powerful indeed. He saves people from their sins. He saves people from demonic oppression and Satan’s grasp. He heals people from their sickness. He gives hope, not just earthly, I’m speaking about eternal life with hope, peace and joy.
Now on earth people have their own fancies of hope. They hope to get a new car, a Corvette perhaps. Or they hope to get a higher education. Some hope for a change in the way their nation is run. How many times are many peoples hope are met with disappointment when things don’t go as they yearned for?
There are some who even got to see their wishes fulfilled but then getting a great car, education and a worthy leader made people happy for a while until the time to depart from this earth come. I mean when the time of death comes they realize that earthly hopes end at earth itself. They then hope to live more, speak to their loved ones if they aren’t near. They wonder what will become of them in the life after death. Those who do not believe in the Lord Jesus often are very skeptical about their future and try to accept things as they come.
However for a person who believes in Christ this is not a matter of guessing. Its a fact to be pondered and relished that such a person has now entered in to true eternal rest in heaven welcomed by none other than Jesus Christ himself. Jesus by the shedding of his blood on the cross and dying at Calvary took upon himself all your sins. By his resurrection he overcame all the powers of the devil and secured a place you in heaven and changed your destiny to good rather than evil. If you believe this then you have the true hope that only comes through Christ. Amen.
- “Hope For The Oppressed” (precioussheepofrenown.wordpress.com)
- Tuesday, December 17, 2013 (graceanglicancommunityjourneytobethlehem.wordpress.com)
- Quest for Joy: Six Biblical Truths (nostopministries.wordpress.com)
- THE MOST INCREDIBLE PROPHECY (purposely overlooked by Jews to their own disadvantage) (aaronhalim.wordpress.com)
- Immanuel, God with us (Part 1) (melwild.wordpress.com)
- The Child of Promise and The Nativity of Christ (captainjamesdavis.net)
- In this world you will have trouble… (faithfulstewardship.wordpress.com)
Only follow Jesus who is the Son of the Living God. Never feel bad about following the Lord Jesus all by yourself if others don’t join with you.
Psalm 1:1 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers
The majority is something that is considered positively in a democracy. Though the majority is not always right. God is always right.
Romans 10:9-10 That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
The promises of God are true and just. His faithfulness is never failing. He is faithful to the New covenant brought in by the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. Put your hope in Christ for he will never disappoint.
- Behold the Lamb (cillelitchfield.com)
- The Most Important Lamb (everydayawe.com)
- Salvation (kittyjonesblog.wordpress.com)
- Outrageous Truth (smitharmorbearers.wordpress.com)
- Good old repentance (disciplesofhope.wordpress.com)
- LISTEN: Beyonce: It’s the Soul that Needs the Surgery (blackchristiannews.com)
The very first words of Jesus when he began his ministry was that the people repent. No blame shifting, no excuses, no blaming your genetics. It was simple, repent. Period.
Jesus came for sinners alright. He didn’t have to come for the righteous. The righteous were always taken care of by God. He came to help sinners out of their sinful ways. For sin kills, sometimes physically but always spiritually. A person may never get caught for stealing but will suffer eternal damnation in hell for that.
Acts 3:18-19 But this is how God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets, saying that his Christ would suffer. Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord
Turning away from sin is a big relief. Staying in sin is unbelief. You can’t can call yourself a true believer if you can’t turn away from sin. For that is the first command of Jesus when he began his ministry.
Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.
Many people are now very stubborn. They think that they can commit all the adultery and thievery they want in secret, then go to church, feed the poor and all will be well. I have words for them; repent and do not delay. For when the time of judgement comes, it will be anything but well for them.
We all need this repentance which is good old repentance. Not some cheesy repentance. No blaming your past for your sinful present. Just leave your sinful ways and ask God for pardon.
There might be some sins that you know you won’t be doing it. That’s not the point. You need to confess your sin to God. No hiding it from HIM. He knows it but expects humility from you.
Hebrews 3: 7-19
So, as the Holy Spirit says: “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the wilderness, where your ancestors tested and tried me, though for forty years they saw what I did. That is why I was angry with that generation; I said, ‘Their hearts are always going astray, and they have not known my ways.’ So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’ ” See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end. As has just been said: “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion.” Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies perished in the wilderness? And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed? So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.
Unbelief is firstly a heart and mind issue. Actions only follow later. You know that God wanted to convict his people of their lack of faith after coming out from Egypt across the Red Sea. For he know that if they harbor unbelief it would eventually lead to sin which when coupled with non repentance proves to be a very bad combination for the human soul, always!
- The kindness of God purpose is to lead one to repentance (Romans 2:1-5) (devotionsrus.wordpress.com)
- Without repentance during Advent the Christmas we prepare for is mere tinsel (catholicherald.co.uk)
- Should Christians Repent? (charlesehawthorneii.wordpress.com)
- The first thing Jesus preached.. (pmacalisangblog.wordpress.com)
- A Preacher Who Dared to Preach “Repent!” (brentkuhlman.wordpress.com)
- A repentant tax collector (bibleaid.wordpress.com)
It is impossible to be a true soldier of Jesus Christ and not fight.
– J. Gresham Machen
The prayers of holy men appease God’s wrath, drive away temptations, resist and overcome the Devil, procure the ministry and service of angels, rescind the decrees of God. Prayer cures sickness and obtains pardon; it arrests the sun in its course and stays the wheels of the chariot of the moon; it rules over all gods and opens and shuts the storehouses of rain; it unlocks the cabinet of the womb and quenches the violence of fire; it stops the mouths of lions and reconciles our suffering and weak faculties with the violence of torment and violence of persecution; it pleases God and supplies all our need.
– Jeremy Taylor
The kingdom of God has always been at war with the kingdom of the devil. Though this war is not usually noticed by the earthly minded, its only pain and suffering the causes people to start asking spiritual questions when they have exhausted all earthly answers. The spiritual battles are fights for the supremacy over a persons soul and body and even the mind. The devil tries to reclaim those who came to Christ. While Christ helps those who call to him in the hour of temptation.
If you recollect the Our Father prayer, also called as the Lord’s prayer, it mentions “but deliver us from evil” (Matthew 6:13). If you are facing temptation remember that it comes from the Evil One. Christ can deliver you from evil.
Do know what is evil? Sickness is evil and so is demon possession. Robbing and murder are evil. Credit card and identity theft are evil. Fight all the evil back. Do your earthly duties and counter check well but don’t stop at that. Get involved spiritually.
Pray for deliverance from evil in all its forms. Pray for others too. Pray for your loved ones. When you read a newspaper and check out something online and see crimes being reported or natural disasters, don’t get into a negative debate or a pity party. Instead start praying that the afflicted are delivered from their evil predicament and justice is served without delay. This is the positive thing you can do.
Though all believers are called to cast out demons not everyone exercises their right to cast out demons. If you understand the reality of the scriptures on this, it would be essential that you help people who are oppressed by evil spirits. I mentioned a while ago a few principles to cast out demons. If you want to know what was it, click here. If a person appointed by the church wants to cast out demons, let them do so but remember not to let them totally cut you off from your right to cast out demons. Have faith in Christ, keep your repentance true and take charge of the spiritual battles you face.
- Spiritual Warfare (jdt93.wordpress.com)
- 2 Corinthians 10:4 NKJV – The Power of God in prayer (pagprayer.wordpress.com)
- What’s Your Addiction? (1031lifeministries.com)
The potency of prayer has subdued the strength of fire; it has bridled the rage of lions, hushed anarchy to rest, extinguished wars, appeased the elements, expelled demons, burst the chains of death, expanded the gates of heaven, assuaged diseases, repelled frauds, rescued cities from destruction, stayed the sun in its course, and arrested the progress of the thunderbolt. Prayer is an all-efficient panoply, a treasure undiminished, a mine that is never exhausted, a sky unobscured by clouds, a heaven unruffled by the storm. It is the root, the fountain, the mother of a thousand blessings.
– St. Chrysostom
Jesus does a lot of things in heaven. He is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. Here are the things that Jesus does:
Jesus prepares a place for you in heaven.
Now he can create things just like that but he does it even more especially because he promised to do so. He takes a personal interest in preparing your place in heaven.
John 12: 2-3 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Jesus prays and intercedes for you.
Romans 8:34 Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.
Jesus is your High priest in heaven.
Many people need help at times from ordained clergy. However the clergy do have their limitations of age and health. The Old Testament priests before the time of Jesus failed many a times. Not so with Christ who is the High priest who is priest so that we can approach the God’s throne of grace.
Hebrew 4:14-16 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Jesus helps us when we are tempted.
Always pray to Jesus when you are tempted. He can really help if you just ask in faith. No cry for help is too small for him. He will reach out to you.
Hebrews 2:18 For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted. Jesus delivers those who are troubled by evil
Romans 10:11-13 For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Psalm 34:17 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.
Jesus remains the same for you.
Yes, Jesus doesn’t change his character. He still is the way, the truth and the life! He still saves.
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Jesus awaits his coming again.
Acts 1:11 “Men of Galilee,” they said. “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”
Acts 3:19-21 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, and that he may send the Christ, who has been appointed for you – even Jesus. He must remain in heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets.
I repeat this again that Jesus awaits his second coming. God remembers his word for the future and will fulfill it as well. Pray that Christ comes soon!
- Jesus Actively Helps Me (brokenbelievers.com)
- Jesus Christ is Coming Back Sooner Than You Think! (shoutingthemessage.wordpress.com)
- The great High priest (viktoriaveigas.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 121:8 NKJV – The Lord is our watchman (pagprayer.wordpress.com)
- “The All Surpassing Wonder of Jesus!” (davidvirrblog.wordpress.com)
- Why I Thank God for Jesus Christ — the Remix (blackchristiannews.com)
- Jesus and His Purpose (aneededword.wordpress.com)