Valuable Biblical advice – Renew your mind!
The RSV version of this says; Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may prove what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Its vital to renew ones mind. Why is this important for you? Because so that you may prove what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. The scriptures couldn’t say it anymore better.
You can follow the will of God much better when are more fully aware of his Word. Ponder on his word by renewing your mind in it. Don’t go by the world logic which is many times selfish, immoral and cosmetic. Go by the Word of God instead and you won’t be wrong.
Never get fooled by worldly laws that contradict the will of God. There are places that may make it very easy to get divorced and get remarried and then divorced and again then remarry and so it goes on. Just because a person was allowed by judge to do doesn’t mean that he or she is doing the right thing. The Word is very clear on divorce. Here’s what is says:
Matthew 5:31-32 “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’ But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.
Malachi 2:16 “I hate divorce,” says the LORD God of Israel…
Why just divorce laws? There are unjust laws as well! Just below is an small list
- Women are no longer allowed to wear make-up on Iranian television.
- Utah, Colorado and Washington also have rainwater collection restrictions that limit the free use of rainwater and their storage.
- A 19th century law still in force in Britain makes it illegal for shopkeepers to sell cooked tripe on a Sunday.
“If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.” – Thomas Jefferson.
Any sane person would realize that unjust laws are something one must avoid in a truly educated society. Yet these go on.
Why just target worldly laws? Its worldly thinking which is the root cause of the worlds troubles. What did Hitler, Nimrod, Jezebel and even Charles Ponzi have in common? It was the thought of taking things for themselves by mean of falsehood even if they didn’t deserve it, though the extent of falsehood did vary among them.
What else is worldly thinking? Let me make it real to you;
- A person lusting after another person who is clearly married to someone else. Its crazy to see people lusting after actors and actresses who are married.
- People stealing from their office stationery thinking that they are exempt from eternal judgement.
- People loving money more than their family. So they file huge lawsuits after a wealthy relative dies, so that they can claim the entire fortune over to themselves only.
Hope you got the drift!
Did you notice in these examples that wrong thinking was closely followed by wrong doing?
Now what is the right thing? I mean you need to think and act as per the will of God. How do you do that? Here are a few pointers;
- Read the Bible with the intention to give glory to God.
- Meditate on the Psalm and Proverbs and also the Gospel till the meaning is fully clear.
- Ask someone wise if you still can’t understand God’s word. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you the revelation you need. Ask a church elder if you want as well.
- Imagine if the action you want to do, would it be something that Jesus himself would do? Jesus would never steal, so you follow suit and don’t steal either!
- Observe how those faithful to Christ carry themselves out in their dealings with others and with themselves in various areas of life and not just church. You might like to read up on the lives of the prophets, saints mentioned in the Bible.
- One reads the news about a massive earthquake in Argentina. That person is Welsh, very much safe across the Atlantic. He can’t come to rescue people, he doesn’t wimp out! He takes courage and prays to Christ that maximum number of people are rescued from the rubble of the earthquake.
- A farmer knows that genetically tampered seeds will give him a great yield of wheat crops but he loves God more than money. So he chooses to instead plant only organic seeds even though he might make normal profit.
- A persons leaves the occult and decides to preach the Gospel to everyone who he comes in contact with so that they are saved! He exposes the occult and trusts in God’s protection.
- Someone loses their job but doesn’t keep whining about it. She doesn’t blame God. She prays boldly in the name of Jesus and sets forth to give interviews of a new job.
It’s not that difficult! Neither is it impossible. Renew your mind folks. God bless.
- Who Do You Serve? (samsonaboloje.wordpress.com)
- Reasonable Service to God (jonathanjontycupido.wordpress.com)
- Knowing the Mind (2) (adesaanusegun.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Challenge December 1: God Breaks Addictions (staprayersweep.org)
- Consider Your Customs (timelessprinciples.wordpress.com)