7 tips to enjoy Christmas
- Remember that Christ is the reason for the season. So spend time with him in prayer, in quietness and trust.
- Give thanks to God for sending Jesus the Lord. You can pray, you can sing, write a poem, paint etc. No limits to that, feel free to express your gratitude to God
- Don’t celebrate Christmas alone. Christmas is a season of being together not just with the Lord Jesus but also with others. Call up your family and friends and greet them with good tidings. Text or email them or if you prefer you can even post a greeting card.
- Celebrate really well in good cheer. I mean don’t pull a sad face. Cheer up for we remember the coming of God’s son to save us.
- Avoid overeating and being drunk. Be balanced in that area or you may feel too heavy or sluggish. Proverbs 23: 20-21: Be not among winebibbers or among gluttonous eaters of meat; for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and drowsiness will clothe a man with rags.
- Try to get some free time. Take leave if you are working so that you are not too engrossed in work when its time to celebrate. Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens
- Go to church. See the Christmas cribs. Hear the carols and sing them. Be inspired by the word of God preached about the first coming of Christ and be blessed.
- Christmas Poems (nmedoyan.wordpress.com)
- Religious Christmas Poems (specialchristmastraditions.wordpress.com)
- Keeping Christ in Christmas (kittyandsantaclaus.wordpress.com)
- The Christmas Story (jenniferjones584.wordpress.com)
- Christmas Season (lya3carrillo.wordpress.com)