Ask the Lord God to bless you for 2014
Ephesians 3:14-21 14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
The new year which is 2014 is soon approaching. 2013 will soon go away. Thank the Lord God that you lived through 2013 even though this year on a worldwide level has seen a lot of increase in warfare and natural calamities.
Jesus is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us (Ephesians 3:20). So we can ask HIM to bless the coming year 2014 for ourselves. For this you need to simply pray. Acknowledge that HE can and will bless you when you ask.
You need to pray it right to be blessed. Here’s an example of what I mean:
St. Patrick the Irish saint said these wonderful words in prayer; May the strength of God pilot us, may the wisdom of God instruct us, may the hand of God protect us, may the word of God direct us. Be always ours this day and for evermore.
You need to have the right intentions and actually pray it out.
James 4:1-3 What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.
Not just wishful thinking. Wouldn’t it be strange if a child went to his parents and wanted a cupcake but never told them, however he would keep yelling that the parents never love him?
It would be much simpler if he would just tell his parents what he wants, right? The parent would then decide if a little cake piece would be good to have (cakes are always good anyways!) for the kid taking into consideration the child’s overall health and well-being. The point is the kid should ask for a cake and not a snake from his parent! Obviously a responsible parent won’t give a snake to the kid.
Here are a few prayer points that you can ask the Lord for the year 2014. You may add more as per your personal, family and work needs. Now for the prayer points which you can confess for yourself:
- I pray that I experience the favour of Christ in my interactions with my friends, family, business partners, clients, officials of various kinds so that I prosper in life.
- Let me always remember the will of God in everything I do.
- That I be free from the grasp and influence of the evil one and his demons.
- That I experience the true rest and hope that comes from Christ and NEVER depend on any false hope that comes from the world.
- That the Lord God opens new doors so that I can expand my capabilities and skills.
- That there be perfect health of body, mind and spirit in oneself and ones loved ones.
- That I be able to reach out to the poor and underprivileged and help them overcome their difficult situation to the best of my abilities.
- That I reach more people with the Gospel.
- That I be more creative and innovative and free from destructive thoughts and actions.
- That there be NO more terrorist attacks and bombings in my area/state. If there haven’t been any terror activities then I pray that they NEVER happen here or anywhere around me.
- That I be the head and not the tail. I mean I make the right choices no matter who says what and that I don’t be run around by negative people.
- I pray I’m blessed financially and be free from all covetousness.
- I pray that I fulfill all the key performance criterion for work/study in my office/educational institute. Let success come to me in these areas without me losing my peace.
- That I am fully restored and all that the devil has taken from me be given back to me for I am a child of God
These are some of the prayer points. I hope you do pray them and add some of your points as well. I pray and wish that God’s blessings find you in 2014. Amen.
- 2014 One Hundred Days Fast (hursconcepts.wordpress.com)
- Hear My Voice, O God – Psalm 64:1 (northsidepbc.wordpress.com)
- 2014: The Year of Restoration (renewednrestored.wordpress.com)
- A New Years Prayer (lifebrook.wordpress.com)
- Parents: Armed and Loaded with Prayer – Dutch Sheets (downundernewsblog.wordpress.com)
Posted on December 29, 2013, in Uncategorized and tagged Epistle to the Ephesians, God, Holy Spirit, Jesus. Bookmark the permalink. 12 Comments.
Thanks so much for a very powerful and meaningful post. The points of confession are right on the mark and if prayed with faith and positive expectation, can bring about beneficial change in self and others.
You’re most welcome Mick. Its indeed true that expectation and faith are vital in such prayers so that its gives the best benefits to all.
Pingback: SUNDAY PRAYER PRAISE AND WORSHIP SERVICE 51 STOP FORGETTING THE MAIN INGREDIENT | VINE AND BRANCH WORLD MINISTRIES.COM
Pingback: 2014 Prophesy! Predictions For 2014! 2014 Is A Release Year And God Wants His People Free! 2014 – The Year Of Release! By Hank Kunneman. | GodLovesBummyla
Pingback: God Is Pleased When You Exhibit Your Faith By Action. | GodLovesBummyla
Pingback: Keep Going ! | Hey, it's Anthoniaaa,
Pingback: The battle for truth | daily meditation
Pingback: | Think on These Things
Pingback: BE HAPPY!! ALL GOD WANTS FOR HIS CHILDREN?…RESOUNDINGLY NO! | johnathondavis
Pingback: 2013 | Built On The Rock :: Faith & Fitness
Pingback: Set Up Goals With Your Kids This Year! By Erin James. | GodLovesBummyla
Pingback: We are so blessed that You would ask us to pray for any thing - God Loves You Best