Blessing in the Book of Revelation of Jesus
Revelation 1:3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near.
The Book of Revelation of Jesus is the last book in the Bible written by St. John the Apostle. St. John was the only one of the 12 Apostles of Jesus who wasn’t martyred unlike the rest of the 12.
Tradition tells us that John was taken to Rome for persecution and thrown into boiling oil but emerged unhurt. He was then banished to the island of Patmos. He came back from his exile and the lived at Ephesus till his dying of old age at Ephesus, about 98 A.D
Many people incorrectly call the Book of Revelation of Jesus as the Book of Revelations. The correct thing that the whole book is a revelation as a whole, so next time when anyone says ‘Revelations’ say that the whole book was one whole revelation of Jesus.
This book of the Bible in the very first chapter Revelation 1:3 pronounces a blessing on those who read aloud, hear and keep this prophecy. You wouldn’t like to miss out on that by not being interested in this book.
There are many churches and preachers who don’t reflect much on this book. They says it’s too complex to be understood and try to avoid this teaching. I dislike this spread of ignorance especially so when many prophecies of this book are getting fulfilled in this era. They can quote me on this; that when the Anti Christ persecutes them they won’t be ready because they were ignorant of this book.
It is a Satanic lie from hell that this book can’t be understood. I read this book when I just about 9 years with great relish and could understand it very easily. This caused me to HAVE great spiritual growth over and above those of the same age and even those elder to me. My prayer life dramatically improved and my faith increased by leaps and bounds.
That’s why when I hear so and so church leaders say that it can’t be understood I just laugh at them in my mind because I know it’s not the truth. They are not open to anyone saying that they should even try to understand it. At the same time, I realize that they have got tricked by the Evil One into not preaching about this book to the people but that is NOT a reason to continue in that deception.
Now you might ask that why is this book so useful? I answer that.
The Book of Revelation is useful in so many ways but I will mention just 12, such as:
- It encourages us to live a holy life.
- It exhorts us to accept martyrdom instead of giving up on Christ.
- Prophecy about various disasters due to hate against God.
- Warnings about pending judgements against unbelievers, the great mystery Babylon, Death, Satan, the Anti Christ and the False prophet. It highlights the Final Judgement.
- Warns about receiving the mark of the Beast.
- Prophecy about the future of Jerusalem and the Jews.
- Admonitions to the 7 Churches which you can apply for yourself too.
- Prophecy to be ready for the Return of Lord Jesus Christ to earth.
- Reminds us of the level of worship in heaven.
- Tells us about the rewards Christ has planned for those who believe in Him.
- Warns that even the elect may end up forsaking the faith.
- Talks of the rapture of believers.
I would encourage every Christian alive to read the Book of Revelation of Jesus. It will give you GREAT wisdom to be holy and faithful to the one true Savior Jesus the Lord. Leave all your doubts away when reading this book to experience the blessing of this book. Amen.