Monthly Archives: December 2014
For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ (2 Corinthians 10:4-5)
The word of God encourages us to love and obey God and also to reject sin. Every evil thought that comes against the Lord God must be removed out of your life. If your mind is not set to obey Christ, well then it’s on the way to disobey him.
The way of sin may seem nice with the ill gotten pleasures it appears to give. However, in the end it will bite like a poisonous snake. There are lots of lies spoken that the Bible is not God’s word, Jesus did not rise from the dead, there is no Devil etc. All of these come from the Evil One who beguiles his earthly minions to do his bidding on earth for free. A better way to describe these minions is them being slaves who are blind to the truth, who only live for their foolish lusts and desires and have made up their minds to be shut to the truth. Their lies are deceptive. They try to promote stupidity, rudeness, lack of respect and mindless chatter. The truth is the defense against their vile ways. The truth will set you free but first you got to know it. No wonder you must read the Holy Scriptures as often as you can.
Here a just a few applications of using the Word of God to cast down sinful strongholds:
A temptress may try to beguile a man into adultery but if he holds the commandment which says not to commit adultery, he will save himself a lot of trouble. He will realize that the way of the temptress may lead to dishonor and even divorce. So he will resist her sweet but poisonous words.
You shall not commit adultery. (Exodus 20:14)
Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death. (Proverbs 7:27) (this is describing a temptress)
The insanity of starving oneself ie anorexia just to look better can be avoided by a Christian woman if she holds closely to the fact that she is the temple of the Holy Spirit. She would do her research and find out that so many young girls have died to anorexia so much so that in certain countries they had to ban any propaganda or fashion promoting it. So she would keep away from trying to please the world by harming herself in the process.
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
A child would not spend time into mindless hours of TV or social media knowing from scripture that we are to make the best use of the time. So he/she would balance out their studies, duties with any other fun activity. They would prepare well for the future instead of being dazed with celebrities who morals are as fickle as lightning.
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:15-16)
The leader of a church would know not to steal money from the church at all because nothing in all creation is hidden from God. So a person who is called to preach the word of God would refrain from vain pursuit of money and focus on actual preaching.
The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good. (Proverbs 15:3)
“Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture!” declares the LORD. (Jeremiah 23:1)
That doesn’t mean you consider everyone who looks nice as a potential evil doer. What you need to do is to never make looks the criteria to consider anyone good for you. You need to exercise right judgement such as checking for facts, understanding the mentality of the person and his/her reasoning. Obviously, unlike looks the things for right judgement may need more patience. By someone’s look you may get into the error of thinking they are very pleasant people to deal with. However, when you ask them to help you, then you will come to know their true nature. No wonder, you need to never depend on looks alone.
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment. (John 7:24)
When they came, he looked on Eliab and thought, “Surely the Lord’s anointed is before him.” But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” (1 Samuel 16: 6-7) (this happened when Samuel was searching for someone to anoint Saul’s replacement as the King of Israel)
Climb the high mountain
Up God’s pathway
Looking unto Jesus
Lest you go astray.
Climb the high mountain,
Hard it may seem,
With Jesus as your guide
You will find your dream…
A life that is filled
With His love and His peace,
A life now and beyond
That will never cease!
Lets read 1 Peter 5:6-11 which speaks of restoration in Christ:
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
This year 2014 has had times of suffering, anxieties and temptations in various forms. Consider yourself fortunate to be alive and in one piece for many have suffered persecution and martyrdom for Christ our Lord, this year. They will surely be rewarded in heaven for their faithfulness. For they were faithful to their last breath, so God will reward their faith with everlasting comfort in heaven.
As the new year which is the year 2015, is approaching us steadily and surely, take your time to reflect on the wisdom of the Lord in 1 Peter 5:10 (you might as well consider the few verses before and after it). All across the world, our brothers and sisters in the Christian faith have suffered various kinds of discrimination and hatred for standing up for the Gospel and at times even for just believing in it. There is no reason to fear the Devil though. This is because Christ has conquered Death, sin and the grave. You are encouraged to cast your cares and anxieties unto God. Be humble unto God, knowing that he is mighty to save. Because you love God you must resist the Evil one in every area of your life. Let nothing of the kingdom of darkness lay claim over you.
Now for the prayer points which you can confess for yourself and others:
- We pray for those who haven’t yet heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That God sends more preachers and missionaries to meet more unreached people across the world and give them the Gospel. Also, that these people on hearing the Gospel truly adore Christ as their Lord and Savior. Amen.
- We pray for complete restoration in relationships, finances and health and anything else which was lost. That all the years of losses are overcome. Also that oneself is fully healed emotionally no matter what is the cause of suffering. Let the grace to overcome be given by Christ. Amen.
- We pray that God is glorified in those who profess Jesus Christ as their Messiah. That those to profess faith, hope and love in Jesus also walk their talk. That more and more Christians get out of the traps of hypocrisy which the Evil One has thrown towards them. Also, that we are set free from all presumption that leads to sin. We ask this in Jesus name. Amen.
- We pray that more Christian youth take the worship of the Lord God seriously and take delight in adoring him. Let even the little one loves to praise the Lord even more.
- We pray that those who are harmed in any way due to terrorism, injustice, calamity etc are helped to recover. Cause the workers of mercy and justice to come forth and strive for the peace and restoration of those who lost out on their secure living.
- We pray that the Jewish people desire to glorify the Lord God by not depending on vain traditions of men but go by the words of the prophets. That they realize the need to accept the Messiah and most importantly they recognize their One True Messiah in Jesus Christ.
- We pray for the all those in the body of Christ which is the Church. That all receive encouragement to worship and adore the Lord God without any fear and hesitation but with a mind open to the will of God. That people become more creative in the worship of Christ. That all who call upon the Lord are encouraged to praise him more in Spirit and in truth. Amen.
- We pray that those who are engaged in whatsoever capacity to preach or promote the Gospel of Jesus Christ receive all the grace they need to carry on. May they overcome all those who ignore, ridicule and even persecute them. We pray that those who preach the Gospel therefore are refreshed and renewed within. We pray for their security so that the Gospel is preached to all the ends of the Earth. Amen.
- We pray that the name of Lord Jesus is glorified in the good works that all those who believe in him are called out to do. That all those who are given the grace to bring healing to others, continue to do for the glory of God. Also, that all those who do various forms of ministry do so with a strong and renewed desire to see the Lord God glorified in all that they do. Amen.
- Finally, we also pray that the good work that Christ began in us be brought to completion in Him. That God’s works in us are protected by God himself along with his holy angels. Deliver us from all evil and workers of iniquity and demons and give us peace O Lord God. In the name of Jesus we pray and believe. Amen.