The Word of God does not depend on the majority
Your salvation does not depend on the opinions of a majority and neither does the Word of God depend on acceptance by the majority.
Do not get bothered by people who call good as evil and evil as good. These will surely be rewarded for their misdeeds on Judgement Day. So never partake of their stupidity in calling whatever lie they want as truly nice to follow just because they might be a majority. Just because the majority decide to call the sun as a planet does not make it a planet. A majority consensus among people does not turn a crab into a turtle.
Similarly, the Word of God will remain the truth no matter how many people leave the church or even become apostates. Christianity is never a numbers game and it never was and never will be. It’s about being in a relationship with Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. And the Lord God will never love you less even if all those around you disapprove of you believing in Christ his Son. So leave these vile little tricksters who want to hate the Lord to their own little fantasy world if they refuse to believe in the Gospel. You instead continue to love the Lord God.
The below Psalm speaks about receiving safety by the Lord God. And this can also be applied to your salvation. It doesn’t matter how many people are sinners around you, you are going to heaven only because of your faith in Christ and not their unbelief.
A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only look with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked. Because you have made the Lord your dwelling place— the Most High, who is my refuge— no evil shall be allowed to befall you, no plague come near your tent. (Psalm 91:7-10)
Simply focus on the Word of God. Empires and kings have come and fought against the Christian faith, they tried their worst to prevent the worship of the One True Savior of the Word and yet they all went down in life instead. The Word of God has prevailed against the test of time and will continue to do so. All praise and glory to the Lord God.
A few verses for your personal reflection:
- Forever, O LORD, your word is firmly fixed in the heavens. (Psalm 119:89)
- The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.(Isaiah 40:8)
- “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:10-11)
- For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. (Matthew 5:18)
- “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts out its leaves, you know that summer is near. So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.(Matthew 24:32-35)
I recommend that you put the following verses to memory and also to action so that you glorify God in all that you do:
Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart, since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God; for “All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass.The grass withers, and the flower falls,but the word of the Lord remains forever.” And this word is the good news that was preached to you. (1 Peter 1:22-25)
God be with you!
Posted on April 25, 2015, in Discipline, Practical living, Reflections, Salvation and tagged apostasy, beware of evil, beware of unbelief, doubting, faith in God, faithfulness to Christ, word of God, words of jesus. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.