Beware of long term deception
What if I told you that no matter how much information you share with your friends about the corrupt Babylonian world system and its reach in school, college, work and church, over 90% of them won’t care until it’s too late & only then will they wonder how we allowed this to happen?
A little bit of deviation from the good, can get you more towards evil. A little tolerance of immoral behavior, can cause a region to have rampant adultery and fornication, in a few decades if unchecked. A little leniency towards lies, can cause the entire community to be untrustworthy.
What’s the ‘little’ in your life and that of your friends and family that must not be given to evil, is not just your choice but your undeniable responsibility?
A few Bible verses to consider about the little things or little leaven of life:
- And again Jesus said, “To what shall I compare the kingdom of God? “It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three pecks of flour until it was all leavened.” (Luke 13:20-21)
- When the disciples reached the other side, they had forgotten to bring any bread. Jesus said to them, “Watch and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” And they began discussing it among themselves, saying, “We brought no bread.” But Jesus, aware of this, said, “O you of little faith, why are you discussing among yourselves the fact that you have no bread? Do you not yet perceive? Do you not remember the five loaves for the five thousand, and how many baskets you gathered? Or the seven loaves for the four thousand, and how many baskets you gathered? How is it that you fail to understand that I did not speak about bread? Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” Then they understood that he did not tell them to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees. (Matthew 16:5-12)
- Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough? Clean out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed. Therefore let us celebrate the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. (1 Corinthians 5:6-8)
Observe how Jesus warned his disciples about the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees but comparing how a little leaven can end up leavening the entire measure of flour its mixed up with. And yes, the disciples actually understood what Jesus said. Does everyone who profess to be a follower of Jesus take that much care to understand what the Lord has said? Not everyone but there are a few who actually do so and put his words into practice. We can confirm this by the following verses:
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ (Matthew 7:21-23)
One of the key points of the above verses is to do the will of God who is in heaven. The Bible which is the Word of God also teaches us to observe and interpret the times and seasons because it’s finally about the coming back of the Son of Man on earth. A few verses in this light:
- He also said to the crowds, “When you see a cloud rising in the west, you say at once, ‘A shower is coming.’ And so it happens. And when you see the south wind blowing, you say, ‘There will be scorching heat,’ and it happens. You hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of earth and sky, but why do you not know how to interpret the present time? (Luke 12:54-56)
- “And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity because of the roaring of the sea and the waves, people fainting with fear and with foreboding of what is coming on the world. For the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.” (Luke 21:25-28)
But one may ask why are they to observe the time and seasons, if all they need to do is to be faithful to Jesus Christ? Now to answer to that is already given by Jesus himself in the following verses:
“But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap. For it will come upon all who dwell on the face of the whole earth. But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.” (Luke 21:34-36)
O people of God do not be deceived! The works of darkness are showing themselves more blatantly than ever before. Kids are being exposed to sensuality much earlier than those of the previous generations. As a result there are teenagers who get pregnant when they are not emotionally nor fully physically ready for childbirth and child rearing. The entertainment is becoming more and more occult oriented than ever before but people are only pretending that they should not be bothered. And what to say of the preachers who don’t want to preach against sin?
This is the long term deception I’m talking about; that people get warned years in advance in the Bible about sin and deception and yet do not give heed to the warnings. Then one fine day when they are in either suffering in Hell or are alive in a world of darkness they wonder what did they miss that could have not landed them in such a bad state. Don’t wait to fall in that time but rather be wise enough to read the Word of God and act on it and keep yourself pure and help others to be pure for the Lord Jesus.
Christ be with you!
Posted on May 24, 2017, in Discernment, Prophecy and tagged Antichrist, avoid blasphemy, avoid occult, avoid sin, Christ Jesus, Christian growth, christian living, Christian prophecy, ignorance, ignorance in the Chruch, pre-forgiven sin. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.