Ten considerations any Christian should have when receiving prophecies
Posted by pray2christ
Each one who professes to be a Christian is called to not just follow prophecy which comes from God, but also to reject all prophecies which do not come from the Lord God. In the days of darkness, the only thing which gives you light is the Word of God. So do not mistake darkness for the light, for that darkness will be deep and lead to damnation. Be wise that you give God the glory by testing every spirit, if they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. So do not be a victim of false prophets, but be a victor against them in the Lord Jesus Christ.
The following are ten considerations any Christian should have when receiving prophecies from anyone, anywhere and anytime:
- Always check if the prophet speaks in the name of the Lord God who is none but the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob
- Reject all prophets who speak in the names of false gods, false teachers, angels and demons.
- Test if the prophet is speaking in his or her own name instead of God alone. For any false prophet never seeks to only glorify the Lord but rather themselves.
- If what a prophet says does not come to pass, reject that person as a prophet of God. They surely have not heard from the Lord.
- Even if what a prophet says comes to pass, but that prophet then tells you to worship false gods, then reject that prophet outright, for they are not of God.
- Keep a careful record of all prophetic words by anyone and check if it is consistent with the written Word of God or if deviating from it. With more technology being available, its best to have video and audio records kept, along with written ones.
- Reject all prophets who contradict the Bible in their teachings, messages and actions.
- Never pay to receive a prophecy from anyone, because prophecy is a free gift of God. All those who ask for money or things in kind, to impart you prophetic words are false prophets.
- Never give heed to a blasphemer if he or she claims to speak from the Holy Spirit but utters blasphemous words.
- Reject anyone who claims to be God’s prophet but denies that Jesus is the Christ.
Posted on August 12, 2018, in Christ, Discernment, Holy Spirit, Prophecy and tagged avoid deception, avoid idolatry, avoid occult, Biblical prophecy, Christian prophecy, false prophets, lying Prophets, true prophets. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.