Monthly Archives: October 2018
Any Christian must avoid celebrating Halloween for its pagan in origin and does not honor God at all. Those who believe in Christ must cease and desist immediately from this as it’s not theirs to celebrate anyways. Its pagan in origin and will remain pagan in its actions no matter how well-intentioned you might be.
Here is a detailed video about it:
In fact, Anton LaVey, the founder of the Church of Satan, said: “I am glad that Christian parents let their children worship the devil at least one night out of the year. Welcome to Halloween.” Obviously he meant about the things he had observed some of the Christian’s around him do. I’d say not every Christian worth his or her salt does actually do the Halloween thing. This is more predominant in the Western world, and is not that well-known in other parts of world. However, yes the mass media time and again does its bit to spread this bizarre celebration of spirits of various sorts, wherever the wind carries.
Halloween means the evening before All Hallows Day (or All Saint’s Day) celebrated on November 1. Halloween is just a shorter name of Allhalloween, All Hallows’ Evening and All Saint’s Eve which is celebrated on October 31. The origin of Halloween is derived from ancient Celtic harvest festivals. The Celtic druids had a belief that it’s that day or time when the souls of the dead supposedly could mingle with the living. Bonfires are still lit in the honor of the dead in cases though but more recently people think of Halloween as a night filled with candy, trick-or-treating, pumpkins, ghosts and death. (Refer to History Channel for more details).
For Christians there is no need to celebrate pagan festivals. Nothing in the Bible encourages us to do so. In fact it makes it clear to not follow their ways and ordinances:
“When the Lord your God cuts off before you the nations whom you go in to dispossess, and you dispossess them and dwell in their land, take care that you be not ensnared to follow them, after they have been destroyed before you, and that you do not inquire about their gods, saying, ‘How did these nations serve their gods?—that I also may do the same.’ (Deuteronomy 12:29-30)
And you shall not walk in the customs of the nation that I am driving out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I detested them. (Leviticus 20:23)
Thus saith the Lord: Learn not according to the ways of the Gentiles: and be not afraid of the signs of heaven, which the heathens fear (Jeremiah 10:2)
Let me also enlighten you one some general reasons to not celebrate Halloween:
- You could be mistaken for an intruder by people who are not aware that you are in costume. People do call on the police or just attack out others in costume.
- Violent activities take place around the time of Halloween by wicked and ignoble savages who prey on the innocents.
- You shouldn’t waste your time, effort and money on scaring unwitting people while hiding or not hiding behind masks. That’s what the terrorists do anyways.
- Don’t follow the herd mentality of doing something for the sake of doing something. Instead think and discern for yourself and do something constructive for yourself and others during that time.
Just a few disturbing new items related to Halloween that you and others should be aware of. I’ll post in the links if you wish to know of the details (These are external links. Viewer discretion is advised, not for the fainthearted and definitely not for unsupervised children):
- 18-year-old shot in head at Halloween party attended by 300 people in North Carolina barn – Click here to view the source
- Murdered woman’s body mistaken for hanging Halloween decoration – Click here to view the source
- Happy Halloween event slammed by punters as waste of money – Click here to view the source
- The Mom Scene : A tale of Halloween costume regret – Click here to view the source
Also, do watch the below video about a former witch who deep in the occult and she has to say about Halloween:
Christ be with you!
“The spirit of prayer is for all times and occasions; it is a lamp that is to be always burning, a light to be ever shining: everything calls for it; everything is to be done in it and governed by it, because it is and means and wills nothing else but the totality of the soul – not doing this or that, but wholly given up to God to be where and what and how He pleases.” – William Law
I remember as per time of the year when most Christian circles celebrate the birth of Our Lord Jesus Christ, there was a man who made an strange request. Yes, an odd one indeed for sure, in my opinion and I’ll let you know why.
We were both where they sell meat and this man kept insisting that the meat be mixed with blood. The shopkeeper asked him the reason for that and the man kept saying that it’s the taste which increases which blood. I was much young and kept giving him a strange look for his order and so did the others there. However he kept insisting to have blood added to the meat and finally had it done his way. But it definitely was not God’s way!
As Christians, we shouldn’t have odd cravings that are inconsistent with the Word of God. This can apply to many things but here the topic is about avoiding animal blood in the food we eat, so I’d rather speak about that. Here are a few Bible verses which clearly forbid having the blood of animals nor of birds for our food:
- But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. (Genesis 9:4)
- For the life of every creature is its blood: its blood is its life. Therefore I have said to the people of Israel, You shall not eat the blood of any creature, for the life of every creature is its blood. Whoever eats it shall be cut off. (Leviticus 17:14)
- “You shall not eat any flesh with the blood in it. You shall not interpret omens or tell fortunes.” (Leviticus 19:26)
- Only you shall not eat the blood; you shall pour it out on the earth like water. (Deuteronomy 12:16)
- But should write to them to abstain from the things polluted by idols, and from sexual immorality, and from what has been strangled, and from blood. (Acts 15:20)
- For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay on you no greater burden than these requirements: that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. (Acts 15:28-29)
- So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31)
If you notice from the above verses, avoiding having the blood of any creature for food is mentioned alongside avoiding food sacrificed to idols, avoiding sexual immorality and also avoiding meat of any creature that has been strangled to death. Though I realize that is not taught so often in many churches but the truth remains that having blood for food can and will disqualify oneself from entering heaven or to be more clear it can send oneself to hell.
Since it’s mentioned both in the Old Testament and the New Testament of the Bible, avoiding the blood of animals for food should be very clearly a choice of any one who claims to be a true believer in Jesus Christ. Don’t worry about how to remove the blood. Because many meat shops and markets are very good at clearing out the blood. You can also check out the various online tutorials on how to do it yourself if you have no other option.
One must not rebel against the Word of God and have forbidden food, lest in their unrepentant attitude they walk the broad path that leads to destruction of their spirit. Don’t call anything comfort food, for the comfort from food if any will only be temporary. Instead focus on things eternal.
Christ be with you!