The One Mediator between God and Man is Jesus Christ
The One Mediator between God and Man is Jesus Christ. There is no mediator can that replace Jesus because only Jesus is the high priest of our confession.
Anyone who claims that there is a replacement to Jesus is not of God and is of the Devil. Jesus cannot be bribed nor is Jesus bothered by how you look but instead he looks that your heart. Some people try to push others as mediators with God as they know that those cannot truly look into the thoughts of your heart to then give you what you truly need. Some people will try to promote others as mediators because they are too vary of preaching holiness. No matter even if the most elect person tries to undermine the role of Jesus as the One Mediator between God and Man, do not believe them for they have chosen to depart from the Grace of God.
While Jesus being the high priest of the New Covenant, goes on to live on forever. During his earthly ministry he did not fear the Jewish religious leaders nor the Roman empire but went to preach the Gospel and heal people and raise up the dead back to life. And now in heaven he sits at the right of the Living God to make intercession for us. Blessed are those who trust Jesus as their mediator to God!
Verses for reflection:
- For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus (1 Timothy 2:5)
- Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. (Hebrews 7:25)
- But now Jesus, our High Priest, has been given a ministry that is far superior to the old priesthood, for he is the one who mediates for us a far better covenant with God, based on better promises. (Hebrews 8:6)
- But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” (1 Samuel 16:7)
- “I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.” (Jeremiah 17:10)
Posted on December 26, 2022, in Practical living and tagged Christ Jesus, discerning doctrine, holiness, intercession, Jesus Christ, mediator, warning against false doctrine. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment