Category Archives: Discernment
Do not listen to foolish advice,
Lest you end up paying the price.
For many have desired sinful pleasure,
Only to lose their life’s treasure.
Wisdom speaks clearly and loud,
Learn from her and be not proud.
Hearing wise words is a good tact,
When followed with the right act.
God desires to see wisdom in all believers,
In that they be prudent in the age of deceivers.
Pray to the Lord for ears that don’t tingle,
So that with false teachers you don’t mingle.
Any Christian can take note that the Bible never tells us to avoid medication nor does it say to avoid doctors. In fact Jesus himself confirmed that the doctors (physicians) are important for the recovery of those who are unwell. Please refer to the following verses:
- And Jesus answered them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. (Luke 5:31)
- On hearing this, Jesus told them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” (Mark 2:17)
Most doctors in their treatment of those who are ill, often prescribe medicines to them. So its Biblical to get to the doctor if you are unwell and then have medicines.
The Lord has caused medicines to exist and be discovered. So sensible one’s won’t despise them but have them as per their needs. Even the world after Judgement Day the Tree of Life will be used for healing the people.
In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. (Revelations 22:2)
Don’t bother to have any sort medicine but always look for good medicine. This is where many get dismayed due to choosing the wrong medicine and then start fearing doctors and medicine. Pray for wisdom to know the right medicines to take and also that you get the right diagnosis by your doctor.
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. (Proverbs 17:22)
Sickness is meant…
~ J.C. Ryle
It’s as though [some] Christians’ read from 2 different Bibles. Some Christians read from the “DO” Bible. As they read this Bible, they actually feel a need to DO the things decreed in it. While other Christians read from the “VERBLESS” bible. In this ‘bible’ the commandments from God, magically disappear, or become optional life guidelines. As people read from this ‘bible’, their biblical knowledge grows, but their lifestyle stays pretty much the same as the rest of the world. (By Robert Brownell)
🔘Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us (Hebrews 12:1)
🔘The night is far gone; the day is at hand. So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light (Romans 13:12)
🔘Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. (1 Corinthians 9:24)
🔘So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. (1 Corinthians 9:26)
I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: 2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. 3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. 5 As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. (2 Timothy 4:1-5)
Many things combine to make the present inroad of false doctrine peculiarly dangerous.
1. There is an undeniable zeal in some of the teachers of error: their “earnestness” makes many think they must be right.
2. There is a great appearance of learning and theological knowledge: many fancy that such clever and intellectual men must surely be safe guides.
3. There is a general tendency to free thought and free inquiry in these latter days: many like to prove their independence of judgment, by believing novelties.
4. There is a wide-spread desire to appear charitable and liberal-minded: many seem half ashamed of saying that anybody can be in the wrong.
5. There is a quantity of half-truth taught by the modern false teachers: they are incessantly using Scriptural terms and phrases in an unscriptural sense.
6. There is a morbid craving in the public mind for a more sensuous, ceremonial, sensational, showy worship: men are impatient of inward, invisible heart-work.
7. There is a silly readiness in every direction to believe everybody who talks cleverly, lovingly and earnestly, and a determination to forget that Satan often masquerades himself “as an angel of light” (2 Corinthians 11:14).
8. There is a wide-spread “gullibility” among professing Christians: every heretic who tells his story plausibly is sure to be believed, and everybody who doubts him is called a persecutor and a narrow-minded man.
All these things are peculiar symptoms of our times. I defy any observing person to deny them. They tend to make the assaults of false doctrine in our day peculiarly dangerous. They make it more than ever needful to cry aloud, “Do not be carried away!”
~ J.C. Ryle
Taken from : Warnings to the Churches, “Divers and Strange Doctrines”, [Carlisle, PA: Banner of Truth, 1967], 76, 77.
Note: Apart from what is given above by J.C. Ryle, I can say that in context of the times we live in, the love of money can also cause preachers to willingly stop preaching true doctrines and instead preach false doctrines, so they are overloaded with dollars, pesos and yens in return!
O believer in Jesus Christ, never make your own logic and understanding your refuge because its possible to fall into delusion and deceptions if you do that. Always consider yourself in need of wisdom from God above, so that you prevail against the Kingdom of Darkness each time.
How much so then that the Enemy of your soul desires that you depend so much on your own wisdom? For he knows that only the knowledge and counsel of the Lord God is something that he can never defeat nor banish. It’s very easy for the vile Serpent to misguide people who are overconfident or just don’t bother about the principles and edicts of the Kingdom of Heaven.
Think about the times when people despite having the best of jobs and the best of qualifications, have married the wrong person just because they depended on their raw impulses. Know that the bravest of people have fallen prey to scammers just because they didn’t take a second opinion against fraudulent investments. And even the most pious of men and women due to their pride in their religious knowledge rather than humility in Christ Jesus have fallen into soul damning heresies!
Therefore, be on guard O those who call yourselves as God’s friends that you don’t get deceived like Adam and Eve by the Evil One. Safeguard your heart from eating the manna of Judas and Herod, who lost it all for ungodly gains. Avoid the leaven of the Pharisees which is hypocrisy that you be a true follower of the Lord your God all through your life.
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shall you dwell in the land, and verily you shall be fed. (Psalm 37:3)
- Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts before Him. God is our refuge. Selah (Psalm 62:8)
Any Christian must avoid celebrating Halloween for its pagan in origin and does not honor God at all. Those who believe in Christ must cease and desist immediately from this as it’s not theirs to celebrate anyways. Its pagan in origin and will remain pagan in its actions no matter how well-intentioned you might be.
Here is a detailed video about it:
In fact, Anton LaVey, the founder of the Church of Satan, said: “I am glad that Christian parents let their children worship the devil at least one night out of the year. Welcome to Halloween.” Obviously he meant about the things he had observed some of the Christian’s around him do. I’d say not every Christian worth his or her salt does actually do the Halloween thing. This is more predominant in the Western world, and is not that well-known in other parts of world. However, yes the mass media time and again does its bit to spread this bizarre celebration of spirits of various sorts, wherever the wind carries.
Halloween means the evening before All Hallows Day (or All Saint’s Day) celebrated on November 1. Halloween is just a shorter name of Allhalloween, All Hallows’ Evening and All Saint’s Eve which is celebrated on October 31. The origin of Halloween is derived from ancient Celtic harvest festivals. The Celtic druids had a belief that it’s that day or time when the souls of the dead supposedly could mingle with the living. Bonfires are still lit in the honor of the dead in cases though but more recently people think of Halloween as a night filled with candy, trick-or-treating, pumpkins, ghosts and death. (Refer to History Channel for more details).
For Christians there is no need to celebrate pagan festivals. Nothing in the Bible encourages us to do so. In fact it makes it clear to not follow their ways and ordinances:
“When the Lord your God cuts off before you the nations whom you go in to dispossess, and you dispossess them and dwell in their land, take care that you be not ensnared to follow them, after they have been destroyed before you, and that you do not inquire about their gods, saying, ‘How did these nations serve their gods?—that I also may do the same.’ (Deuteronomy 12:29-30)
And you shall not walk in the customs of the nation that I am driving out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I detested them. (Leviticus 20:23)
Thus saith the Lord: Learn not according to the ways of the Gentiles: and be not afraid of the signs of heaven, which the heathens fear (Jeremiah 10:2)
Let me also enlighten you one some general reasons to not celebrate Halloween:
- You could be mistaken for an intruder by people who are not aware that you are in costume. People do call on the police or just attack out others in costume.
- Violent activities take place around the time of Halloween by wicked and ignoble savages who prey on the innocents.
- You shouldn’t waste your time, effort and money on scaring unwitting people while hiding or not hiding behind masks. That’s what the terrorists do anyways.
- Don’t follow the herd mentality of doing something for the sake of doing something. Instead think and discern for yourself and do something constructive for yourself and others during that time.
Just a few disturbing new items related to Halloween that you and others should be aware of. I’ll post in the links if you wish to know of the details (These are external links. Viewer discretion is advised, not for the fainthearted and definitely not for unsupervised children):
- 18-year-old shot in head at Halloween party attended by 300 people in North Carolina barn – Click here to view the source
- Murdered woman’s body mistaken for hanging Halloween decoration – Click here to view the source
- Happy Halloween event slammed by punters as waste of money – Click here to view the source
- The Mom Scene : A tale of Halloween costume regret – Click here to view the source
Also, do watch the below video about a former witch who deep in the occult and she has to say about Halloween:
Christ be with you!