Category Archives: Discernment
When the Lord speaks through a person, what they say will be backed up by scripture. But also, when the enemy speaks, he will use misapplied scripture to defend his poison. How will you distinguish? If you’re relying on your intellectual knowledge of scripture to distinguish, be careful, you’re up against the one “more crafty than the rest.” The truth is that you must know the voice of the Lord. If you don’t, you’ll believe the misapplied scripture of the enemy’s agent before you believe the Lord’s servant!
- Philippians 4:11-13 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
- 1 Timothy 6:6-12 But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
- Proverbs 19:23 The fear of the LORD leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble.
If you profess your faith in Christ Jesus then don’t put your faith in any other person nor thing for blessings. By the Holy Spirit expect your prayers to be heard by God the Father in heaven with Jesus interceding at God’s right hand.
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. (Ephesians 4:30)
Ask God clarity when making decisions,
Don’t go solely by dreams or visions.
For it is wise to review your decisions,
Lest you get struck by collisions.
Ask God by the Scriptures and by prayers,
And cast unto the Lord your worries and cares.
Don’t make any decisions due to fear or rage,
But God’s counsel in them engage.
Ask God by his Spirit holy and pure,
So that till the very end you endure.
Don’t follow the crowd and its choices,
Lest you fall pray to insidious voices.
Ask God to warn you and guide,
So in that safety you abide.
That you don’t run into extremes,
But be aware against Satan’s schemes.
Let us watch against the love of money. It is a snare to the poor as well as to the rich. It is not so much the having money, as the trusting in it, which ruins the soul. Let us pray for contentment with such things as we have. The highest wisdom is to be of one mind with Paul, “I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content.” (Phil. 4:11.) ~ J.C. Ryle
- Matthew 22:14 – For many are called, but few are chosen.
- Matthew 24:24 – For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.
- 2 Peter 1:10 – Therefore, brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you practice these things you will never stumble.
- Revelation 17:14 – They will make war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will triumph over them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and He will be accompanied by His called and chosen and faithful ones.”