Category Archives: Gratitude
Always be thankful and celebrate all that God has done for you
Always be thankful and celebrate all that God has done for you. Don’t ever forget the good that God has worked in you life, lest you get carried away by the cares and worries of this life and be unfruitful.
Jesus himself spoke about this in the Parable of the Sower as in Mark 4: 18-10 saying “And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.”
As an act of continual gratitude speak to others what the Lord God has done in your life.
Jesus himself told the man from whom he expelled the demons to tell other what the Lord had done for him and this man gladly this. And the people marveled at the goodness of the Lord!
And they came to Jesus, and saw the demoniac sitting there, clothed and in his right mind, the man who had had the legion; and they were afraid. 16 And those who had seen it told what had happened to the demoniac and to the swine. 17 And they began to beg Jesus to depart from their neighborhood. 18 And as he was getting into the boat, the man who had been possessed with demons begged him that he might be with him. 19 But he refused, and said to him, “Go home to your friends, and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.” 20 And he went away and began to proclaim in the Decap′olis how much Jesus had done for him; and all men marveled. (Mark 5:15-20)
Bible verses for reflection:
- With praise and thanksgiving they sang to the Lord: “He is good; his love toward Israel endures forever.” And all the people gave a great shout of praise to the Lord, because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid. (Ezra 3:11)
- I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High. (Psalm 7:17)
- I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. (Psalm 9:1)
- Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. (Psalm 100:4-5)
- Sing to the Lord with grateful praise; make music to our God on the harp. (Psalm 147:7)
- I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors: You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king. (Daniel 2:23)
- Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 5:18-20)
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)
- Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. ( 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
- Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our “God is a consuming fire.” (Hebrews 12:28-29)
Do this in memory of Him
Do this in memory of me,
Said Jesus Christ to the faithful to be,
When he gave His disciples wine and bread,
Soon to partake His blood that was shed.
For the Savior of the world would die,
By the cross to all salvation supply.
To receive this salvation one has to believe,
That Jesus overcame the sin of Adam and Eve.
For there is no forgiveness without the shedding of blood,
Jesus is God’s standard against the enemy’s flood.
The Lamb of God gave up his body to be crucified,
That those who who believe in Him be justified.
Therefore, break this bread and drink this wine,
And in this your faith, praise and worship combine.
Never forget, do this in memory of Him,
Till he comes back again sing forth this hymn.
Will you intercede?
Will you intercede for a world that’s dying?
In which there is sin, hate, and lying.
If you wish to do God’s will,
Then in your life intercession you fill.
Pray for the poor, pray for the rich,
That they don’t end up in Hell’s ditch.
Pray for the healthy, pray for the sick,
That they don’t fall for any evil trick.
Intercede unto Christ Our Lord and Saviour,
And be holy, sinless with good behaviour.
Don’t faint nor your sorrow lengthen,
But by the Holy Spirit yourself strengthen.
Pray for miracles more and plenty,
That they’d be hundredfold not twenty.
Pray for those who yearn for salvation,
That they believe the Gospel with joyful acclamation.
Hear God’s Word and to Him be grateful,
And cast out in Christ’s name all things hateful.
So make you petitions in full faith,
And in hope for deliverance wait.
I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. (1 Timothy 2:1)
Jesus Heals The Ten Lepers
On his way to Jerusalem in his ministry actually,
Jesus passed by the border between Samaria and Galilee.
There he met some lepers numbering ten,
In that village he healed them, amen!
They called Jesus from a distance afar,
Hoping to be healed of each leprous scar.
“Jesus, master, have pity on us!”
In their misery they called out to Him thus.
Upon Christ’s word to their priest they all went,
As they walked they got healed with no lament.
One of those cleansed did greatly rejoice,
And came back praising God in a loud voice.
He was the only one of the ten lepers who returned,
To give thanks to the Lord as Jesus had discerned.
The Lord Jesus questioned this Samaritan who became fine,
As to where were all the other nine?
For the Lord Jesus heals because he is faithful,
And expects those healed to be grateful.
Remember Jesus to the Leper did solemnly tell,
“Rise and go: your faith had made you well.”
Bible reference : Gospel of St Luke 17:1-19
Welcome Here by gloryfall
Note: This praise video is from the Gloryfall Christian Channel on Youtube
The first single from Gloryfall’s album “Welcome Here”. The video was recorded at the High School Art room at Faith Academy Manila, Philippines. The album was recorded at TrueSound Studio in Antipolo City, Philippines.
Happy New year 2020 everyone
I wish you all my readers a very happy new year 2020. May the good Lord bless you and your family as grow in his Word.
Give Thanks With A Grateful Heart (Video with lyrics)
Note: This praise video is from the Into the Light Journal Christian Channel on Youtube