Category Archives: Practical living
Love yourself because it is good,
Because it’s God’s command so you should.
You’re to love your neighbor as yourself,
So don’t keep this off your choice shelf.
Those for themselves don’t even care,
Will find loving others a heavy burden to bear.
Ones who are careless about their own soul,
Might find it difficult to others console.
Now being proud and selfish is indeed a sin,
So purity and genuineness of heart is where you begin.
Act just, think wisely and eat clean,
That your good works to God be seen.
- For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay. (Habakkuk 2:3)
- But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31)
- For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven (Ecclesiastes 3:1)
- Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! (Psalm 27:14)
- For there is a time and a way for everything, although man’s trouble lies heavy on him. (Ecclesiastes 8:6)
- And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. (Galatians 6:9)
Be holy and kind,
And in goodness never behind.
Use words wise and just,
Show in the Lord your trust.
For mercy to others Christ has commanded,
And all vain legalism he has reprimanded.
So don’t wait for a specific time or way,
For Jesus even healed on the Sabbath day.
Be kind and holy to yourself and to others,
Act right with anyone, even your sisters and brothers.
Don’t take right conduct ever for granted,
For to do goods works you have been planted.
Let us watch against the love of money. It is a snare to the poor as well as to the rich. It is not so much the having money, as the trusting in it, which ruins the soul. Let us pray for contentment with such things as we have. The highest wisdom is to be of one mind with Paul, “I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content.” (Phil. 4:11.) ~ J.C. Ryle
- Matthew 22:14 – For many are called, but few are chosen.
- Matthew 24:24 – For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.
- 2 Peter 1:10 – Therefore, brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you practice these things you will never stumble.
- Revelation 17:14 – They will make war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will triumph over them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and He will be accompanied by His called and chosen and faithful ones.”