A real photo of a family at Guangzhou Airport, showing the fear prevalent in much of China today.
Category Archives: Prayer tips
You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday. (Psalm 91:5-6)
Because you have made the Lord your dwelling place the Most High, who is my refuge no evil shall be allowed to befall you, no plague come near your tent. (Psalm 91:9-10)
I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth. The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life.(Pslam 121:1-2,7)
And the Lord will take away from you all sickness, and none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which you knew, will he inflict on you, but he will lay them on all who hate you. (Deuteronomy 7:15)
No harm befalls the righteous, but the wicked are filled with trouble. (Proverbs 12:21)
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. (1 Peter 2:24)
Suggested prayer inspired by the above Bible verses:
In the name of Jesus, I will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday. I have made the Lord my dwelling place the Most High, who is my refuge and by faith I know that no evil shall be allowed to befall me, nor plague come near my dwelling. When I look up to the hills, I know for sure that my help comes from the Lord,who made heaven and earth. I believe that the Lord will keep me from all evil and he will keep my life. I pray that the Lord will take away from me all sickness because by his Holy Word I know that no harm befalls the righteous who trust in the Lord God. And I confess that Jesus himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds I have been healed. Amen.
Always ask for God’s protection daily, O all you believe the Lord God. Don’t be ashamed to ask His help, in this world that is dying and fading away! That way you can rest easy, knowing that God is control!
Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation. Selah. Our God is a God of salvation; and to God, the Lord, belongs escape from death. (Psalm 68:19-20)
O believer in Christ, don’t take your daily routine lightly. You are a precious soul in the eyes of God. So ask for God’s protection daily, in faith. Don’t pray for the sake of pleasing people. Instead, remember to ask this in faith that you indeed receive Divine protection.
Ask for protection against economic hardships
Do not be off guard with economic hardships. Ask Jesus to save you from financial errors and the evil schemes of scammers and all evildoers who prey on other’s money for their sinister agenda. Ask for protection in your finances and even those of your friends and family. Pray that they are given the wisdom and protection to not fall into money traps, wittingly or unwittingly.
Do not be affected by a sudden sickness
Always desire to never fall prey to sudden sickness. You need to be in good health so that you can help yourself and others to do good things in life. No doubt, even if you are sick you can still do good, but wouldn’t it be better and more easier to help others when you are in better health? Imagine, if your preacher is supposed to preach during the church service, and bails out just one minute before the time to preach during the church service, citing he got a severe migraine. Would the rest of those in attendance have a happy feeling about that church service? Fortunately, a good preacher will always take care of one’s health and also pray to the Lord God who is the Divine Healer, so that one remains in good health all through.
Always pray to be free from sickness
Why just pray to avoid sudden sickness? One must always pray to be free from sickness. That way you will be having more time to do good works and use your time more effectively to do the Will of God. Besides, you can use that time to give thanks to the Lord your God for your health, especially when all around there are dangerous diseases.
You shall serve the Lord your God, and I will bless your bread and your water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of you.(Exodus 23:25)
Pray for your physical, mental, and spiritual safety
Have faith in God to protect your body, mind, soul, and spirit. And as a sign of this faith, actually, pray. Don’t take things for granted. I read the news and I have observed people who have achieved great riches or got children, suddenly die in a fatal car crash or drown during their usual seaside swimming routine. It’s a sad thing to know that these people have their families who are in sorrow, knowing that their dad’s, their mom’s, their sons, their daughters etc, are no longer with them in the land of the living. O how they are yearning to have them back or if they could turn back time to prevent them from dying? But we all know time and tide wait for no man. Therefore it’s my earnest please to all you who read this; pray for yourself and your loved one’s daily, and ask God to protect them in body, mind, soul and spirit!
Reflect on the below Bible verse from Psalm 103: 1-5 :-
Bless the Lord, O my soul;
and all that is within me, bless his holy name!
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
3 who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the Pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
5 who satisfies you with good as long as you live
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
Pray that you do not fall into temptation
And finally, pray that you don’t fall into temptation, and ask God to protect you while you are tempted. Some people naturally pray for protection in all areas of life, except for that of righteous living, though in fact, that is the most important. Your soul is more precious than all the money in the world.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? (Mark 8:36)
Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” (Matthew 26:41)
In the age of deception and chaos, please take time to pray and meditate on these Bible verses for protection from evildoers which I have listed below from the Psalms. Pray without any doubt nor guile and see the difference:
Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings, from the wicked who do me violence, my deadly enemies who surround me. (Psalm 17:8-9)
Deliver me from my enemies, O my God; protect me from those who rise up against me; deliver me from those who work evil, and save me from bloodthirsty men. (Psalm 59:1-2)
But you, O Lord, laugh at them; you hold all the nations in derision. O my Strength, I will watch for you, for you, O God, are my fortress.
My God in his steadfast love[c] will meet me; God will let me look in triumph on my enemies. (Psalm 59:8-10)
Hear my voice, O God, in my complaint; preserve my life from dread of the enemy. Hide me from the secret plots of the wicked, from the throng of evildoers, who whet their tongues like swords, who aim bitter words like arrows, shooting from ambush at the blameless, shooting at him suddenly and without fear. (Psalm 64:2-3)
Answer me quickly, O Lord! My spirit fails! Hide not your face from me, lest I be like those who go down to the pit. Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Deliver me from my enemies, O Lord! I have fled to you for refuge. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God! Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground! (Psalm 134:7-10)
For your name’s sake, O Lord, preserve my life! In your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble! And in your steadfast love you will cut off my enemies, and you will destroy all the adversaries of my soul, for I am your servant. (Psalm 134:11-12)
O Lord God you are the creator of earth and heaven. There is no one as great and powerful as you. You are my healer and deliverer. For the sake of your Holy name and your Son Jesus heal and deliver those who I pray for now who are affected by the Corona Virus. Let your grace shine forth upon these who are suffering that they recover and escape death from this virus. Break the chains of their bondage to the virus and strengthen their immune systems. Please cause all those who are treating them to be blessed with the energy and focus that they need in such difficult situations. Let all this be that they see the goodness of you O Lord in the land of the living, so that they praise and glorify you for evermore. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ the savior of the world. Amen.
Note: This prayer can be said for anyone who you wish to recover from the Corona Virus (Covid 19). You don’t need to be physically present with the infected person when praying this out. Please take due diligence when interacting face to face with anyone already infected as per your state or government medical mandates or laws.
- Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you…” ~ Exodus 23:25
- Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” ~ 3 John 1:2
A Prayer Request from a Wuhan Pastor:
* Peace be upon you. At this time the virus has been at the center of our thoughts and lives. We are always watching the latest news, and thinking about how our family and the church should face this.
* As for my family, I have gathered masks and food and have ventured outside as little as possible. When venturing out in public I have worn a mask, but as for the rest, I place my life in the Lord’s hands.
* As for the church, we are all part of a great struggle. We are facing a severe test of our faith, and we feel that Christians in our city are not only called to suffer with the people, but we have been called to pray for those who are fearful, and to introduce them to the peace of Christ.
* Please pray for the peace of Christ to rule and reign in our hearts, so that we may be a witness to those who are without hope.
* Pray that through this hardship, God’s children will grow nearer to the Almighty, and that the Lord will use it to purify our souls and give us many opportunities to proclaim the gospel.
* Brothers and sisters, I encourage you to be strong in Christ’s love. Even a sparrow cannot fall to the ground apart from the will of the Father. With so many millions facing this pestilence, can it be outside God’s will? In all that we are experiencing, is it any worse than what Abraham faced in Sodom, and Jonah faced in Nineveh? If God withheld judgment on Sodom because of one righteous man, or because of 120,000 who didn’t know their left hand from their right, withheld destruction from Nineveh, what of the city of Wuhan where we live? We are part of many thousands of righteous believers who live in this city, made righteous by the Blood of Jesus Christ.
* Please pray for God’s mercy upon Wuhan, and ask Him to bring peace upon our city, province and all of China at this time.
* Please intercede, asking our wonderful Savior to bring peace and healing to those who are afflicted with the illness, to provide supernatural strength and protection for the medical personnel struggling on the front lines, and to bless every official at every level, who are working to help the people of Wuhan!
* Please do not be concerned with my welfare, nor be agitated or fearful, but pray in the Name of Jesus. Many people are courageously serving our city, especially the medical personnel who are risking their lives. If they can take on such worldly responsibilities, how can the Body of Christ not more readily take on spiritual responsibilities!
* Please ask the Lord to use this pestilence for His glory, so that when it is over, there will be many more souls born-again into the kingdom of God than have perished.
Some more helpful links about the Coronavirus and the Church in Hubei Province:
* See our stats and a map showing the Christian population of Hubei Province.
* This site tracks the latest figures showing the spread of the virus in China and around the world. It is updated many times each day. As you can see from the graph at the bottom right of the page, the virus appears far from having reached its peak, and the number of deaths is rapidly increasing daily.
* Read how churches in Hubei Province are meeting together online during this plague, and one pastor encourages us to realize this is a fierce spiritual battle in China, and not just a physical one.
God bless the people of Wuhan and China!
Coronavirus in China: the outbreak, measures, and impact (pharmaceutical-technology.com)
The more you give your time to God in prayer the more you give God the time to bless you. Some pray with full faith for a good amount of time and see the reward the Lord God has handed them in the land of the living! While some do bear fruit but it’s little because though they had the faith they were due to some reason or the other were unable to pray long enough.
It’s easy to get a lot of time to pray to Jesus when you have a loved one in the hospital or when you desperately need to get out of debt. Somehow TV and other forms of entertainment are no longer that important in those days. O how the believer can reach the peak of concentration in his or her plea unto the Lord! And how great indeed is the breakthrough from the heavens!
However once the Lord has delivered you it doesn’t mean you only say token amount of prayers so that your family and your friends call you a man or woman of faith. Rather it’s getting a habit of being prayerful everyday.
The real deal is to be praying faithfully everyday without desiring to shorten your prayer time for vain and foolish ungodly pursuits!
O those who believe in the Lord God don’t live in fear nor be uneasy within all through this year 2020. Be grateful that though there have been wildfires, earthquakes and terrorism all around the world, you are still alive and in the land of the living. Be hope for the Lord God once again and praise Him, because He is your salvation and God!
Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God. ( Psalm 42:11)
For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly. O LORD of hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in you! (Psalm 84:11-12)
Personal prayer points
- O Lord I pray that get more opportunities to love and serve you all through the year of 2020.
- Keep me and all my loved ones safe from all dangers and terrors and calamities by your grace. Let not the enemy prevail against me in any way.
- Protect my health, intellect, memory and finances O Saviour of the world. Remove all debt and financial liabilities out of my life. Help me to make the right decisions about the way I work and spend my money.
- I pray that everything which hinders me from doing the will of God is exposed and cut off from my life.
- I pray that everything blocking my healing and finances are uprooted in the name of Jesus.
- And also that the holy angels of God fight for me everywhere so that no harm befalls me.
- Bless my family, friends and loved ones with safety in spirit and in body too.
- Let all demonic influences be exposed and removed from my life and from my loves ones, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
- Open my eyes to take every day fruitfully by reading and believing in your Holy Word.
- Help me by your Holy Spirit to put my hope not in any man nor woman but only in Christ Jesus the Lord.
- I pray that I keep getting wisdom from above to help me walk wisely and in the light of Christ.
- Bless me with gratitude as my attitude towards you O true Lord of all, that I don’t fall into pride and vanity.
- I make all these prayer all these prayer points, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
National prayer points
- I ask for forgiveness and healing for my nation in which I live and which you have ordained me to be in O God.
- I pray that all evil leaders and corrupt officials are booted out of their seats and positions of power. I also desire that these bad one’s are not let loose again to carry out their evil plans against anyone.
- Please instead of them give us real and true leaders that seek only the welfare of the nation.
- In the name of Jesus I prayer that there be no earthquakes, no tsunamis, no snow nor sand storms nor forest fires for each every area I pray for in this nation (try to think which place needs which sort of safety).
- I pray that the borders of my nation are secure and all traitors are stopped from carrying out their evil deeds. And that the national infrastructure, the environment, the land, the air and the sea are kept safe, clean and secure.
- I pray that the people of my nation do not give up their rights for the sake of fake peace and fake promises of peace by anyone whether in government, media or religion.
- I ask in faith that all terror attacks are foiled and all bombs are disarmed or fail to go off when planted in my nation.
- I pray all our national weaponry and ammunition are in safe hands and let no enemy be able to sabotage and destroy it.
- I pray that the people of my nation do not give up their rights for the sake of fake peace and fake promises of peace by anyone whether in government, media or religion.
- I pray that the laws of my nation are prevented from being misused to allow immoral living and profane entertainment.
- I also pray that all the medical plans and medical practitioners are made to work only to benefit the people and not to harm nor short change them.
- I ask that there comes no civil war in this nation nor is there any infringement of the rights of the people in the name of false peace and false safety by the government.
- Grant that those who plot against my fellow Christians and true Jews in my nation are only met with failure in their evil schemes.
- I ask all this, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
International prayer points
- I pray for peace in every nation where there is war, that the killings and violence cease.
- I ask in faith that children are no longer harmed in the warn torn regions of the world.
- That the laws of the nations are not twisted to enable the people to transgress the will of God in areas of marriage, relationships, finances, genetics etc.
- I pray that all false refugees are stopped and only true refugees are cared for in Europe and North America.
- That there is true peace in Israel and all of Jerusalem. I pray for peace and justice to be established in the land of Israel. Let the rocket attacks continue to be thwarted by the Israeli Defence Forces and let them be victorious against all evil doers.
- That there be escape for the people of various nations from natural calamities and financial ruin.
- May the weapons and bombs of the terror groups fail in abundance where they plot against innocent people.
- That all chemical and biological warfare programs are not misused in various nations.
- I pray for the will of God to work in all nations whether they are believers or not.
- I ask all this, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Local church prayer points
- I pray that the local church finds true rest in Christ the Lord.
- I pray for healing and deliverance to happen more strongly and visibly in the local church.
- I pray for the presence of the Lord God to be felt in such a way that it cannot be denied in the local church.
- That all counterfeit spirits are banished from operating in the activities of the local church.
- That the angels of God guard the local church and the followers of Jesus Christ who attend it.
- That there is no racial nor ethnic discrimination in church.
- That the church goers desire to pray everyday and read the Bible everyday.
- That the people of the church worship God with eagerness and thanksgiving.
- That there is only the right understanding of the Holy Scriptures at church.
- That the Word of God is preached fully and without compromise to all those who come to church.
- That there the preachers of the Gospel seek to please the Lord God alone and not those who want to get ears tingled.
- That those who have immoral lifestyles coming to church are not ignored but challenged in true love and humility to leave their sinful ways and love the Lord in spirit and truth.
- I pray that the local church is a beacon of light in a neighbourhood of despair and confusion, so that people are drawn up to Jesus Christ who is the source of this light.
- That all who come to the local church receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ very clearly and without any ambiguity.
- I ask in faith that my local church is protected by the grace of God from all enemies visible and invisible.
- That my local church is kept safe against all heresies and worldly lies..
- I pray for the elders and leaders and preachers of the local church, that they be true to divine calling in serving the people of God in Christ like humility and courage.
- I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Worldwide church prayer points
- I pray that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is preached to each and every nation in the world.
- That the entire Gospel gets preached despite all the opposition.
- I pray that all resistance to the authority of Jesus Christ is met with failure by his enemies both visible and those not visible and those in secret
- That the church of the Lord Jesus Christ continues to have faith among its various members even if this is an age where people become apostates.
- That all denominational fights are settled in a peaceful way without compromising on the true Gospel teaching.
- That all false Christian unity movements and related organizations are exposed and their plans are sabotaged by the people of God and the angels of God.
- That all heretics and false prophets are named and shamed, so that the people are not misled into sin.
- That signs and wonders of the Lord by the Holy Spirit pave way for the preaching of the Gospel and healing of the nations.
- I ask for the safety of missionaries and even the general Christians in areas where the persecution against those who believe in Christ is dangerous and tyrannical.
- I pray that in regions where Christians are in majority, that they are not lax in the keeping the faith nor are they stuck in worthless pursuits of worldly passions. May their eyes open to the truth and not be fascinated by the darkness of the world. O Lord, cause the preachers to preach to the people over there without diluting the Word of God.
- I ask all this in the name of Jesus. Amen
I would like thank you for taking to read and pray out these prayer points for the year 2020. And this year honestly, I didn’t want to do the prayer points as I have always been doing, but I was getting asked by others to post these points because many people in the world need this to receive deliverance and healing this year. So with much prayer and seeking the Lord, I’ve finally got this out for this time.
My request to you is to pray for deliverance ministries all over the world, so that they can continue more strongly in the will God, so that more people get deliverance from curses, witchcraft and demons etc.
Wishing you all who believe, a very happy and blessed new year, in the Lord Jesus and may Christ be always with you!