Category Archives: Reflections
Some people give credit only to themselves when they become wealthy or rich. They even disown their mentors and even their parents and friends who may have helped them on their way up. But the worst thing they ever do is to forget the Lord God who gave them the power to get wealth. These are the ones who will claim they did it all and speak rudely to others who are poor or let me just say less wealthier than them.
No matter how much hard work one has put in becoming rich, it does not give anyone any right to disown the Lord God because of that. Nor it is good behavior to insult all those people God sent in your life to help you become the great person you became. Such behavior in not consistent with Christian living and must be avoided at each and every stage of life. Because whosoever had pride in his or her wealth, such a person sets himself or herself before the same Lord who gives them wealth.
Verses for reflection:
- Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before stumbling. (Proverbs 16:18)
- But you shall remember the LORD your God: for it is he that gives you power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he swore unto your fathers, as it is this day. (Deuteronomy 8:18)
- The LORD makes poor, and makes rich: he brings low, and lifts up. (1 Samuel 2:7)
- And Amaziah said to the man of God, “But what shall we do about the hundred talents that I have given to the army of Israel?” The man of God answered, “The LORD is able to give you much more than this.” (2 Chronicles 25:9)
- The blessing of the LORD makes rich, and he adds no sorrow with it. (Proverbs 10:22)
I wish you all my readers a very happy new year 2020. May the good Lord bless you and your family as grow in his Word.
Love yourself because it is good,
Because it’s God’s command so you should.
You’re to love your neighbor as yourself,
So don’t keep this off your choice shelf.
Those for themselves don’t even care,
Will find loving others a heavy burden to bear.
Ones who are careless about their own soul,
Might find it difficult to others console.
Now being proud and selfish is indeed a sin,
So purity and genuineness of heart is where you begin.
Act just, think wisely and eat clean,
That your good works to God be seen.
- For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay. (Habakkuk 2:3)
- But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31)
- For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven (Ecclesiastes 3:1)
- Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! (Psalm 27:14)
- For there is a time and a way for everything, although man’s trouble lies heavy on him. (Ecclesiastes 8:6)
- And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. (Galatians 6:9)
- David therefore inquired of God for the child; and David fasted and went and lay all night on the ground. (2 Samuel 12:16)
- When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches (Psalm 63:6)
- My eyes anticipate the night watches, That I may meditate on Your word.(Psalm 119:148)
- O LORD, I remember Your name in the night, And keep Your law. (Psalm 119:55)
- At midnight I shall rise to give thanks to You Because of Your righteous ordinances. (Psalm 119:62)
- But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God, and the prisoners were listening to them (Acts 16:25)
Work hard for the Lord and be sincere,
Hold God’s Word in your heart without fear.
May your faith in Christ never cease,
For by that the Lord you will please.
Don’t worry about the world’s derision,
But trust wholly in God’s provision.
The world and its lust will be judged,
For its thoughts and deeds are smudged.
Be kind in words, thoughts and actions,
For heaven takes notes of your transactions.
Pray and intercede for those afflicted,
For those in darkness and the wrongly convicted.
And faithfully you the Gospel preach,
To each you find in your reach.
That they may believe and be saved,
So no longer they in sin remain enslaved.
Work because you love the Lord and the needy,
Don’t be slow when you need to be speedy.
For the harvest is plenty but the labourers are few,
So pray for more labourers both Gentile and Jew.