Category Archives: Repentance
When the Lord speaks through a person, what they say will be backed up by scripture. But also, when the enemy speaks, he will use misapplied scripture to defend his poison. How will you distinguish? If you’re relying on your intellectual knowledge of scripture to distinguish, be careful, you’re up against the one “more crafty than the rest.” The truth is that you must know the voice of the Lord. If you don’t, you’ll believe the misapplied scripture of the enemy’s agent before you believe the Lord’s servant!
- Matthew 22:14 – For many are called, but few are chosen.
- Matthew 24:24 – For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.
- 2 Peter 1:10 – Therefore, brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you practice these things you will never stumble.
- Revelation 17:14 – They will make war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will triumph over them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and He will be accompanied by His called and chosen and faithful ones.”
We are to rebuke a sinner so that he or she turns to the Lord Jesus in the way of righteousness. Now a rebuke does not have to be a loud rant. One can be calm but et bold in rebuking a sinner so that he or she sins no more. You should never be so scared to rebuke someone that you altogether don’t rebuke at all. Now all those who hear rebuke may not every time repent. However that shouldn’t worry you because it will serve as a warning to others. Also pray for the one who you are rebuking so that they receive it with true understanding.
- A rebuke goes deeper into one who has understanding than a hundred blows into a fool. (Proverbs 17:10)
- If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother. (Matthew 18:15)
- Be on your guard! If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. (Luke 17:3)
- Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted. (Galatians 6:1)
- Those who continue in sin, rebuke in the presence of all, so that the rest also will be fearful of sinning. (1 Timothy 5:20)
- All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16)
- My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins. (James 5:19-20)