Never ever indulge the flesh. Especially do not give place to the sin of pride. There are people who are deceived who say that pride is natural. It is not! Because when Lucifer the archangel indulged in pride about himself only then did he have designs to exalt himself to high places and even become like the Most High God. And that what happened next changed the course of this apostate angel; he was cast out of heaven along with his rebellious angels by the holy and mighty angels of the Lord God. This Lucifer is now called Satan the vile deceiver and accuser of the brethren. Remember that Satan the insolent one will receive his long due punishment at the Final Judgement by none other than Jesus Christ the humble and eternal Judge who already defeated him on the cross. So whenever you are tempted with pride remember to be humble like Jesus than rebellious like Satan.
Verses to reflect upon:
- Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted. (Matthew 23:12)
- Or do you suppose it is to no purpose that the Scripture says, “He yearns jealously over the spirit that he has made to dwell in us”? But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded…Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you. (James 4:5-8,10)
“Arise, cry out in the night, at the beginning of the night watches! Pour out your heart like water before the presence of the Lord! Lift your hands to him for the lives of your children, who faint for hunger at the head of every street.” (Lamentations 2:19)
The righteous considers the cause of the poor: but the wicked regards not such knowledge. (Proverbs 29:7)
Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy. (Proverbs 31:8-9)
- You shall not commit adultery. (Exodus 20:14)
- If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbor, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10)
- Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?” 11 “No, Lord,” she said. And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.” (John 8:10-11)
- [Jesus said:] “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.