When times have been tough and there seems to be no cure to what ails our world, let’s turn to the Lord God the Creator of the Word for refuge and relief. Let’s not put our trust in vain people who will only test their solutions with us but don’t take accountability for the consequences. We need to trust and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of the Living God, to deliver us from all evil, now and forever.
(Even if you end up reading this anytime in 2021, maybe you were stuck with work or partying, remember that this is God’s gentle reminder for you; to ask for grace and mercy in the name of Jesus, that your life be secured and holy.)
Please do note that unless you desire that the Lord God guards and defends you as you praise His Holy Name, don’t expect that He rebuilds your life nor make the future to be hopeful. You need to believe that God exists and that He can and will defeat all the power of darkness, if only you ask in faith right now. This is a time to reflect and pray for a better year ahead in 2021. For this we can read the below verses:
Unless the Lord builds the house,
those who build it labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
the watchman stays awake in vain.
It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest,
eating the bread of anxious toil;
for he gives to his beloved sleep. (Psalm 127:1-2)
No wisdom, no understanding, no counsel,
can avail against the Lord.
The horse is made ready for the day of battle,
but the victory belongs to the Lord. (Proverbs 21:30-31)
Now for the prayer points for the year 2021, I’ve broken them up into five basic categories as mentioned below. Pray each of them as applicable to your own need. Faith in Jesus Christ is the key to a victorious 2021, keep this in mind as you pray them out. Also ask the Holy Spirit to intercede for you as you pray, so that you remember any special thing that you need to pray for this year and do not miss it. Here are the prayer points:
Personal prayer points
- O Lord I pray that I get more opportunities to love and serve you all through the year 2021.
- Keep me and my loved ones safe from all sickness, dangers and terrors, and calamities by your grace. Let not the enemy prevail against me in any way.
- Protect my health, intellect, memory, and finances O Saviour of the world. Remove all debt and financial liabilities out of my life. Help me to make the right decisions about the way I work and spend my money.
- Bless my family, friends, and loved ones with safety in spirit and in body too.
- Let all demonic influences be exposed and removed from my life and from my loved ones, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
- Open my eyes to take every day fruitfully by reading and believing in your Holy Word.
- Help me by your Holy Spirit to put my hope neither in any man nor woman but only in Christ Jesus the Lord.
- I pray that I keep getting wisdom from above to help me walk wisely and in the light of Jesus Christ.
- Bless me with gratitude as my attitude so that I don’t fall into pride and vanity. Amen.
National prayer points
- I ask for forgiveness and healing for my nation in which I live and which you have ordained me to be in O God.
- I pray that all evil leaders and corrupt officials are booted out of their seats and positions of power. I also desire that these bad ones are not let loose again to carry out their evil plans against anyone.
- Please instead of them give us real and true leaders that seek only the welfare of the nation.
- In the name of Jesus I pray that there be no earthquakes, no sickness, no tsunamis, no snow nor sand storms nor forest fires for every area I pray for in this nation (try to think which place needs which sort of safety).
- I pray that the borders of my nation are secure and all traitors are stopped from carrying out their evil deeds.
- I ask that there comes no civil war in this nation nor is there any infringement of the rights of the people in the name of false peace and false safety by the government.
- Grant that those who plot against my fellow Christians and true Jews in my nations are only met with failure in their evil schemes. Amen.
International prayer points
- I pray for peace in every nation where there is war that the killings and violence cease.
- That children are no longer harmed in places such as South East Asia, Uganda, Nigeria, Iraq, Syria, North Korea and Afghanistan etc.
- That the laws of the nations are not twisted to enable the people to transgress the will of God in areas of marriage, relationships, finances, genetics etc.
- That there is true peace in Israel and all of Jerusalem.
- That there be an escape for the people of various nations from sickness, natural calamities, and financial ruin.
- May the weapons and bombs of the terror groups fail in abundance where they plot against innocent people. I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Local church prayer points
- I pray that the local church finds true rest in Christ the Lord.
- That there is no racial nor ethnic discrimination in church.
- That the churchgoers both offline and online, desire to pray everyday and read the Bible everyday.
- That the people of the church worship God with eagerness and thanksgiving.
- That there is only the right understanding of the Holy Scriptures at church.
- I ask in faith that my local church is protected by the grace of God from all enemies visible and invisible.
- That my local church is kept safe against all heresies and worldly lies..
- I pray for the elders and leaders and preachers of the local church, that they be true to divine calling in serving the people of God in Christ-like humility and courage. I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Worldwide church prayer points
- I pray that all resistance to the authority of Jesus Christ is met with failure by his enemies who might pose as true believers but are in reality fake ones.
- That the church of the Lord Jesus Christ continues to have faith among its various members even if this is an age where people become apostates.
- That all denominational fights are settled in a peaceful way without compromising on the true Gospel teaching.
- That all false Christian unity movements and related organizations are exposed and their plans are sabotaged by the people of God and the angels of God.
- That the Gospel is preached to every nation on Earth in accordance with the will of God.
- That signs and wonders of the Lord by the Holy Spirit pave way for the preaching of the Gospel and healing of the nations.
- I ask for the safety of missionaries and even the general Christians in areas where the persecution against those who believe in Christ is dangerous and tyrannical.
- I pray that in regions where Christians are in majority, that they are not lax in keeping the faith nor are they stuck in worthless pursuits of worldly passions. May their eyes open to the truth and not be fascinated by the darkness of the world. O Lord, cause the preachers to preach to the people over there without diluting the Word of God. Amen.
I wish you a blessed and prosperous New Year in the Lord Jesus Christ. May the joy of the Lord be your strength. I pray to God that the Enemy of your soul is not able to outwit you. I also pray that you cling always to the Word of God in all that you say, think, or do. Amen.
Jesus Christ be with you, this entire year 2021 and forever!
Be glad that the Savior was born,
He is Lord of each new morn.
He is Jesus Christ the world’s savior,
He is of true humble behaviour.
Be glad that the Savior came,
And abide in His Holy Name.
For Christ saves all who believe,
And does their souls relieve.
Born as a child in a manger,
He loves the lowly and the stranger.
As part of God’s redeeming plan,
The Son of God became man.
This Son fulfilled all of the Law,
And did it all without a single flaw.
Jesus died on the Cross and rose again,
To defeat for us, sin, death, and pain.
The cares of the world can be many or less,
But the name of the Lord we are to bless.
For such cares can overwhelm,
So follow the wisdom of God’s realm.
There are many who get choked,
Because Jesus’ help they haven’t invoked.
Had they asked the Lord’s grace,
His victory would glow upon their face.
Jesus is the Good Shepherd and the Rock,
And he hears the cry of his flock.
So don’t bear your burdens alone,
But seek help from God on his throne.
Don’t let your mind go weak,
Nor in any depression be asleep.
But surrender all your worries and cares,
Unto Christ Jesus in your prayers.
Let your life be holy and dignified,
And always keep the flesh crucified.
The flesh has desires evil and profane,
So from such things you refrain.
Cut off from yourself all deceit,
Lest you suffer eternal defeat.
For many avoid the path that is narrow,
Stiff necked to the end like Pharaoh.
Crucify your flesh which yearns to sin,
So in righteousness you really win.
Remain pleasing always to the Spirit of God,
By each moment giving to the Gospel your nod.
Put to death all sinful passions,
Keep out from all insidious fashions.
For a child of the light must be pure,
And forever in God’s will must endure.
Don’t stay down in life,
Nor let laziness get rife.
Like Gideon get all ready,
On God’s Word be steady.
Win that victory first in your heart,
So that towards God’s plan you start.
Don’t fear the future, present nor the past,
But all this unto the Lord you cast.
Be willing to conquer all strongholds,
As God’s will for your life unfolds.
Rescue those weak in faith,
From each insidious scathe.
Rise against sin by true repentance,
Let faith be filled in each sentence.
Be of good cheer and good hope,
And with Christ all challenges cope.
Will you intercede for a world that’s dying?
In which there is sin, hate, and lying.
If you wish to do God’s will,
Then in your life intercession you fill.
Pray for the poor, pray for the rich,
That they don’t end up in Hell’s ditch.
Pray for the healthy, pray for the sick,
That they don’t fall for any evil trick.
Intercede unto Christ Our Lord and Saviour,
And be holy, sinless with good behaviour.
Don’t faint nor your sorrow lengthen,
But by the Holy Spirit yourself strengthen.
Pray for miracles more and plenty,
That they’d be hundredfold not twenty.
Pray for those who yearn for salvation,
That they believe the Gospel with joyful acclamation.
Hear God’s Word and to Him be grateful,
And cast out in Christ’s name all things hateful.
So make you petitions in full faith,
And in hope for deliverance wait.
I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. (1 Timothy 2:1)
Do you fast? Then feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, visit the sick, do not forget the imprisoned, have pity on the tortured, comfort those who grieve and who weep, be merciful, humble, kind, calm, patient, sympathetic, forgiving, reverent, truthful and pious, so that God might accept your fasting and might plentifully grant you the fruits of repentance (St John Chrysostom)