O Lord Jesus Christ, I come before you asking for your forgiveness for all the sins I’ve committed, and I fully forgive all those who have sinned against me. I repent of all my wrongdoings and choose to do what is right in eye’s of the Lord.
As we come into the year 2023, we pray that we are renewed in the faith. We pray that we crucify the flesh and all its evil desires. We pray that we honor God even more in 2023.
We pray for the peace of Jerusalem. We pray that my nation is in mutual goodwill towards Israel in all ways. We repent and reject all kinds of wickedness against Israel as it’s the apple of God’s eye.
We pray that we come out of all deceptions and traps of the enemy by listening to the word of God. We pray for God’s wisdom to be our light against the darkness and vile shadow’s of this world.
We pray for each of our nation’s, that they depart from what is evil and sinful and instead accept what is right in your eyes. We pray against those who use the laws of the land to mock the laws of the Living God, that their plans against the people of God come to nought.
We pray for each one who call upon the name of the Jesus as they pray to God our Father, that they are continuously led by the Holy Spirit. We pray that all of us be one body in Spirit and in truth without any compromise against the Word of God.
We pray for the health of body, mind, soul and spirit for each one of us and our friends and family. We pray for Divine protection against all sickness and disease. We pray that we do not get tricked nor outwitted by the Enemy as we claim our worthiness by the blood of the Lamb of God.
We pray for those who will come to know the Gospel, that they are strengthened in their faith and are welcome in the Christian communities wherever they are are. We pray that we are able to exhort our new brothers and sisters in Christ to be aglow in the Holy Spirit each and every moment.
We pray that we are able to preach the Word of God even more boldly in this fallen world. We pray that as we preach the Gospel, people are receiving their deliverance from sickness. We pray that evil spirits are banished as we call upon the name of Jesus in the situations where people are harassed by them.
We pray that as we walk through the whole of the year 2023, we always walk with you O Lord our God and that no fear is able to accompany us. We choose to glorify you this year so that your name O Living God is praised amongst the people of the Earth.
We ask all of this in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ. Amen!
If you or any of your loved one’s are unwell, never feel too small to ask help from the elders of the the church in terms of prayers and anointing. The doctors are not to replace the elders of the church and neither are the elders of the church are told to replace the doctors. In short this means ; let the doctors do their part and let the elders do their part as per the Word of God.
The Saviour of the World Jesus Christ himself mentioned the importance of doctors (physician’s) in the following Bible verse:
And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners. (Mark 2:17)
If you’re all hale and hearty, praise the Lord God for it. If you are in suffering pray to the Lord for your deliverance.
Also if someone is sick, do call for the elders of the church to pray over the unwell person anointing him or her with oil in the name of the Lord, so that healing and forgiveness come forth for that unwell one. A true elder of the church won’t reject this work which is required of them clearly written in the Holy Scriptures below:
Is any one among you suffering? Let him pray. Is any cheerful? Let him sing praise. 14 Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; 15 and the prayer of faith will save the sick man, and the Lord will raise him up; and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man has great power in its effects. 17 Elijah was a man of like nature with ourselves and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth. 18 Then he prayed again and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth its fruit. (James 5:13-18)
Also do please take note O you who believe in Jesus Christ, do pray for each other so that you may be healed. Confess your sins as per the Word God.
Finally remember the case of the Prophet Elijah who had a faith that shut down rains and brought back the rains at the command of the Lord God. So can you bring forth miracles of healing if you walk in the holy faith of the Gospel and pray in righteousness.
Christ be with you!
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. (James 1:17)
O you who believe in Jesus Christ, give credit where it is due!
For all your talents, skills, wealth which is good has been given to you by the Lord God the Father of Jesus Christ. Do not therefore be proud of yourself but rather give glory to God who created heaven and earth and all that dwell in it.
If you are lacking in anything that is good be it wisdom or healing or wealth which is free from malice, then ask of the Lord God in faith and with purity of heart. And this way the Lord God will surely hear your prayer.
So if you who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! (Matthew 7:11)
It the Lord who will also provide if you till your land. I mean there are certain things in which you have to put in your efforts and pray to God that you succeed. Its his blessing that makes our hard work fruitful.
The LORD will indeed provide what is good, and our land will yield its increase. (Psalm 85:12)
First go to the Courts of Heaven to deal with an issue, before you go to the Spiritual battlefield. Because by the victory in the courts of heaven will you prevail more better against the forces of darkness in the Spiritual battlefield.
The Enemy is the accuser of the brethren and keeps trying to accuse you in the court of God always. You need to stop the accusations so that you do well in the Spiritual battlefield. If you don’t stop the accusations you’ll weaken your chances of winning in the Spiritual world
While you do have the advantage of Jesus Christ being your advocate you too need to do your part of asking Jesus to continue to plead on your behalf. Never miss out on asking Jesus to plead for you in the Courts of Heaven, lest the Evil One have advantage over you because of you not seeking the Lord Jesus.
Verses for reflection:-
And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God. (Revelation 12:10)
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. (1 John 2:1-2)
Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to accuse him. 2 And the Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, O Satan! The Lord who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is not this a brand plucked from the fire?” 3 Now Joshua was standing before the angel, clothed with filthy garments. 4 And the angel said to those who were standing before him, “Remove the filthy garments from him.” And to him he said, “Behold, I have taken your iniquity away from you, and I will clothe you with pure vestments.” 5 And I said, “Let them put a clean turban on his head.” So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the Lord was standing by.
6 And the angel of the Lord solemnly assured Joshua, 7 “Thus says the Lord of hosts: If you will walk in my ways and keep my charge, then you shall rule my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give you the right of access among those who are standing here. 8 Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, you and your friends who sit before you, for they are men who are a sign: behold, I will bring my servant the Branch. 9 For behold, on the stone that I have set before Joshua, on a single stone with seven eyes, I will engrave its inscription, declares the Lord of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of this land in a single day. 10 In that day, declares the Lord of hosts, every one of you will invite his neighbor to come under his vine and under his fig tree.” (Zechariah 3:1-9)
O believer in Christ when praying to the Lord God be humble. Even if you claim to be a friend of Jesus or profess to be a child of God remember that you’re not above God and his holy wisdom. Therefore praise God while praying and worship Him while praying.
I exort your to your petitions know to God. But never ever try to give God your advice, because the Lord God is above all. Nothing in heaven nor earth nor the underworld can be wiser than God. Hence do not offend God by giving advice on how to thing’s should be. But simply pray in faith and trust God to act in love and justice at the same time
Always ask for God’s protection daily, O all you believe the Lord God. Don’t be ashamed to ask His help, in this world that is dying and fading away! That way you can rest easy, knowing that God is control!
Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation. Selah. Our God is a God of salvation; and to God, the Lord, belongs escape from death. (Psalm 68:19-20)
O believer in Christ, don’t take your daily routine lightly. You are a precious soul in the eyes of God. So ask for God’s protection daily, in faith. Don’t pray for the sake of pleasing people. Instead, remember to ask this in faith that you indeed receive Divine protection.
Ask for protection against economic hardships
Do not be off guard with economic hardships. Ask Jesus to save you from financial errors and the evil schemes of scammers and all evildoers who prey on other’s money for their sinister agenda. Ask for protection in your finances and even those of your friends and family. Pray that they are given the wisdom and protection to not fall into money traps, wittingly or unwittingly.
Do not be affected by a sudden sickness
Always desire to never fall prey to sudden sickness. You need to be in good health so that you can help yourself and others to do good things in life. No doubt, even if you are sick you can still do good, but wouldn’t it be better and more easier to help others when you are in better health? Imagine, if your preacher is supposed to preach during the church service, and bails out just one minute before the time to preach during the church service, citing he got a severe migraine. Would the rest of those in attendance have a happy feeling about that church service? Fortunately, a good preacher will always take care of one’s health and also pray to the Lord God who is the Divine Healer, so that one remains in good health all through.
Always pray to be free from sickness
Why just pray to avoid sudden sickness? One must always pray to be free from sickness. That way you will be having more time to do good works and use your time more effectively to do the Will of God. Besides, you can use that time to give thanks to the Lord your God for your health, especially when all around there are dangerous diseases.
You shall serve the Lord your God, and I will bless your bread and your water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of you.(Exodus 23:25)
Pray for your physical, mental, and spiritual safety
Have faith in God to protect your body, mind, soul, and spirit. And as a sign of this faith, actually, pray. Don’t take things for granted. I read the news and I have observed people who have achieved great riches or got children, suddenly die in a fatal car crash or drown during their usual seaside swimming routine. It’s a sad thing to know that these people have their families who are in sorrow, knowing that their dad’s, their mom’s, their sons, their daughters etc, are no longer with them in the land of the living. O how they are yearning to have them back or if they could turn back time to prevent them from dying? But we all know time and tide wait for no man. Therefore it’s my earnest please to all you who read this; pray for yourself and your loved one’s daily, and ask God to protect them in body, mind, soul and spirit!
Reflect on the below Bible verse from Psalm 103: 1-5 :-
Bless the Lord, O my soul;
and all that is within me, bless his holy name!
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
3 who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the Pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
5 who satisfies you with good as long as you live
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
Pray that you do not fall into temptation
And finally, pray that you don’t fall into temptation, and ask God to protect you while you are tempted. Some people naturally pray for protection in all areas of life, except for that of righteous living, though in fact, that is the most important. Your soul is more precious than all the money in the world.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? (Mark 8:36)
Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” (Matthew 26:41)
When times have been tough and there seems to be no cure to what ails our world, let’s turn to the Lord God the Creator of the Word for refuge and relief. Let’s not put our trust in vain people who will only test their solutions with us but don’t take accountability for the consequences. We need to trust and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of the Living God, to deliver us from all evil, now and forever.
(Even if you end up reading this anytime in 2021, maybe you were stuck with work or partying, remember that this is God’s gentle reminder for you; to ask for grace and mercy in the name of Jesus, that your life be secured and holy.)
Please do note that unless you desire that the Lord God guards and defends you as you praise His Holy Name, don’t expect that He rebuilds your life nor make the future to be hopeful. You need to believe that God exists and that He can and will defeat all the power of darkness, if only you ask in faith right now. This is a time to reflect and pray for a better year ahead in 2021. For this we can read the below verses:
Unless the Lord builds the house,
those who build it labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
the watchman stays awake in vain.
It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest,
eating the bread of anxious toil;
for he gives to his beloved sleep. (Psalm 127:1-2)
No wisdom, no understanding, no counsel,
can avail against the Lord.
The horse is made ready for the day of battle,
but the victory belongs to the Lord. (Proverbs 21:30-31)
Now for the prayer points for the year 2021, I’ve broken them up into five basic categories as mentioned below. Pray each of them as applicable to your own need. Faith in Jesus Christ is the key to a victorious 2021, keep this in mind as you pray them out. Also ask the Holy Spirit to intercede for you as you pray, so that you remember any special thing that you need to pray for this year and do not miss it. Here are the prayer points:
Personal prayer points
- O Lord I pray that I get more opportunities to love and serve you all through the year 2021.
- Keep me and my loved ones safe from all sickness, dangers and terrors, and calamities by your grace. Let not the enemy prevail against me in any way.
- Protect my health, intellect, memory, and finances O Saviour of the world. Remove all debt and financial liabilities out of my life. Help me to make the right decisions about the way I work and spend my money.
- Bless my family, friends, and loved ones with safety in spirit and in body too.
- Let all demonic influences be exposed and removed from my life and from my loved ones, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
- Open my eyes to take every day fruitfully by reading and believing in your Holy Word.
- Help me by your Holy Spirit to put my hope neither in any man nor woman but only in Christ Jesus the Lord.
- I pray that I keep getting wisdom from above to help me walk wisely and in the light of Jesus Christ.
- Bless me with gratitude as my attitude so that I don’t fall into pride and vanity. Amen.
National prayer points
- I ask for forgiveness and healing for my nation in which I live and which you have ordained me to be in O God.
- I pray that all evil leaders and corrupt officials are booted out of their seats and positions of power. I also desire that these bad ones are not let loose again to carry out their evil plans against anyone.
- Please instead of them give us real and true leaders that seek only the welfare of the nation.
- In the name of Jesus I pray that there be no earthquakes, no sickness, no tsunamis, no snow nor sand storms nor forest fires for every area I pray for in this nation (try to think which place needs which sort of safety).
- I pray that the borders of my nation are secure and all traitors are stopped from carrying out their evil deeds.
- I ask that there comes no civil war in this nation nor is there any infringement of the rights of the people in the name of false peace and false safety by the government.
- Grant that those who plot against my fellow Christians and true Jews in my nations are only met with failure in their evil schemes. Amen.
International prayer points
- I pray for peace in every nation where there is war that the killings and violence cease.
- That children are no longer harmed in places such as South East Asia, Uganda, Nigeria, Iraq, Syria, North Korea and Afghanistan etc.
- That the laws of the nations are not twisted to enable the people to transgress the will of God in areas of marriage, relationships, finances, genetics etc.
- That there is true peace in Israel and all of Jerusalem.
- That there be an escape for the people of various nations from sickness, natural calamities, and financial ruin.
- May the weapons and bombs of the terror groups fail in abundance where they plot against innocent people. I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Local church prayer points
- I pray that the local church finds true rest in Christ the Lord.
- That there is no racial nor ethnic discrimination in church.
- That the churchgoers both offline and online, desire to pray everyday and read the Bible everyday.
- That the people of the church worship God with eagerness and thanksgiving.
- That there is only the right understanding of the Holy Scriptures at church.
- I ask in faith that my local church is protected by the grace of God from all enemies visible and invisible.
- That my local church is kept safe against all heresies and worldly lies..
- I pray for the elders and leaders and preachers of the local church, that they be true to divine calling in serving the people of God in Christ-like humility and courage. I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Worldwide church prayer points
- I pray that all resistance to the authority of Jesus Christ is met with failure by his enemies who might pose as true believers but are in reality fake ones.
- That the church of the Lord Jesus Christ continues to have faith among its various members even if this is an age where people become apostates.
- That all denominational fights are settled in a peaceful way without compromising on the true Gospel teaching.
- That all false Christian unity movements and related organizations are exposed and their plans are sabotaged by the people of God and the angels of God.
- That the Gospel is preached to every nation on Earth in accordance with the will of God.
- That signs and wonders of the Lord by the Holy Spirit pave way for the preaching of the Gospel and healing of the nations.
- I ask for the safety of missionaries and even the general Christians in areas where the persecution against those who believe in Christ is dangerous and tyrannical.
- I pray that in regions where Christians are in majority, that they are not lax in keeping the faith nor are they stuck in worthless pursuits of worldly passions. May their eyes open to the truth and not be fascinated by the darkness of the world. O Lord, cause the preachers to preach to the people over there without diluting the Word of God. Amen.
I wish you a blessed and prosperous New Year in the Lord Jesus Christ. May the joy of the Lord be your strength. I pray to God that the Enemy of your soul is not able to outwit you. I also pray that you cling always to the Word of God in all that you say, think, or do. Amen.
Jesus Christ be with you, this entire year 2021 and forever!