Bible Verses for Anxiety
Whenever faced with anxiety remember you have the Lord God who can help you cope up and overcome anxiety. What you need to do is simply read the Bible verses for anxiety and cast your worries unto Jesus because he cares for you. Please do read it with your heart and not just your mind. You can read it aloud either in your mind or vocally but make sure that you believe each verse about dealing with anxiety.
I do hope you read the below verses for anxiety and overcome it all by the word of your testimony in Jesus. And may the Holy Spirit be with you in this great step you take towards no longer being down with anxiety. Here are the verses:
- There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. (1 John 4:18)
- But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.” (1 Peter 3:14)
- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid but gives us power, love, and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- Say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you.” (Isaiah 35:4)
- But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31)
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
- “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.” (John 14:1)
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
- Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. (Luke 12:22 )
- I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:4)
- When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. (Psalm 94:19)
- The LORD will vindicate me; your love, LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands. (Psalm 138:8)
- For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- “But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” (Jeremiah 17:7-8)
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)
Commit your plans to God
Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. ( Psalm 37:5)
Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established. (Proverbs 16-3)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. (Philippians 4:6)
Audio Bible Meditations: Scriptures Dealing With Worry, Fear, Stress, And Anxiety
When you are struggling with your faith when faced with worry, fear, stress, and anxiety go by the word of Christ at all times. Hold on to the words of the Bible. You can read various Scripture verses that encourage and guide you through the storms of life. Normally you can view them printed online or in a book but it’s equally good to hear them out. Even more better that you read and hear them out. This way you will retain the words of the Holy Scripture even more better.
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. (Romans 10:17)
Note: Credit for the Youtube video goes to Rest Easy Ministries
The need to get out of anxiety and depression
Depression and anxiety tend to have a negative impact on body and soul. People get depressed due to different reasons such as death of a loved one, financial loss, wars, lack of respect and appreciation etc. These may be valid reasons to be depressed. There are also unnecessary worries that cause depression.
Too much sorrow and anxiety puts strain on the nervous system. It causes insomnia, irritability, hopelessness etc. Even your spirit feels down and sometimes broken. You need to start realizing that you need to escape this soon. Maybe you feel at home with depression due long times of suffering but the Bible reminds us of the true nature of sorrow. You’ve got to be genuinely cheerful again.
Psalms 127:2 – [It is] vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: [for] so he giveth his beloved sleep.
Proverbs 12:25 An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.
Proverbs 15:13-14 A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.
2 Corinthians 7:10 For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation; but the sorrow of the world produces death.
No matter what your reason to be anxious and sorrowful, you need to make a choice to get out of depression and anxiety. Being depressed or anxious won’t solve anything let alone fix the cause of your worrying.
Anxiety won’t help you pay the bills. It won’t get you more beauty. Depression won’t make you more wise. It won’t strengthen you.
Jesus knows all hearts perfectly because he has made them all. No wonder he spoke about the reality of cares and worries. Here’s what Jesus the creator of all hearts had said about worrying:
Matthew 6:27-29 “Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow.
John 14:1 “Let not your heart be troubled:ye believe in God, believe also in me.
Matthew 11:28 “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
Come to Jesus and give him your anxiety and worries. He will not cast out those who approach him in faith. Doesn’t matter if you caused the mess. Just approach Christ and take it all to him in prayer.
Worldly wisdom is partially right in letting go of your worries and sorrows by speaking it out to someone. But not everyone will hear out your problems. Not everyone cares about troubles you face. They will say please don’t discuss this with me for I don’t have time for this or some other excuse. Some only want to hear of your worries to see how they can take advantage of your situation. I say that such people will get their due judgement for this.
Some people can hear you out but can’t really help you due to their lack of knowledge or human limits. They will not be able to comprehend how badly hurt you are. Some may even find certain worries of yourself amusing though you may not like such people’s response. Only few people can actually listen and help you overcome your griefs.
This doesn’t mean you don’t speak about your sorrows to others. There are genuine Christian counselors who can hear and guide you. I used to hear out different counselors on what they would do to help someone get out of depression. I realized that the most effective one is when makes a free choice to cast his/her sorrows into the hands of Jesus and truly lets go. So I decided to then directly surrender my thoughts to Jesus when I’m faced with negative thoughts. Nobody can help more better that Jesus with the Holy Spirit for the glory of God.
Give God your problems
Make it a point to give God your problems so that you have peace that is of the Lord himself. Don’t get burdened by the cares and worries of life. Bring them to the Lord.
There are some people who get drunk to forget their problems but that only causes more issues such as bad health, broken families etc. Sometimes people do seek out Christian counselors/preachers for solutions to their problems which is a good thing. It’s not always that they don’t know what they are supposed to be doing but only so that they can share their emotions. However, no matter how well they try, they’re unable to express it all. This is where the Lord God is superior to all counselors or all preachers for God can understand the heart and mind of anyone.
You need to take the benefit of the peace giving nature of Jesus. In fact Jesus is the prince of peace. There is a prophecy about Jesus in Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
In John 14:27 Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid”.
Don’t be overwhelmed by the burdens of life nor be weary forever. Come to Christ who will give you rest, even for your soul.
Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
If you are getting troubled by anything, bring that thing to the Lord in prayer. You need to let go, I mean really let go of your anxieties and surrender them to the Lord. Don’t let any negative emotion make you a lesser person. Seek Jesus in your thoughts far above anything that’s worrying you. Desire to rise above your problems by your faith in Christ Jesus.
Here are a few scriptures to reflect on:
Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.