Let us be on our guard against false doctrine. Unsound faith will never be the mother of really sound practice, and in these latter days, departures from the faith abound. See then that your loins be girded about with truth, and be very jealous of receiving anything which cannot be proved by the Bible.
Do not think for a moment that false doctrine will meet you face to face, saying, “I am false doctrine, and I want to come into your heart.” Satan does not go to work in that way. He dresses up false doctrine like Jezebel — he paints her face and attires her hair, and tries to make her like truth. Do not think that those who preach error will never preach anything that is true. Error would do little harm if that was the case. No! Error will come before you mingled with much that is sound and scriptural.
~ J.C. Ryle
Any Christian must avoid celebrating Halloween for its pagan in origin and does not honor God at all. Those who believe in Christ must cease and desist immediately from this as it’s not theirs to celebrate anyways. Its pagan in origin and will remain pagan in its actions no matter how well-intentioned you might be.
Here is a detailed video about it:
In fact, Anton LaVey, the founder of the Church of Satan, said: “I am glad that Christian parents let their children worship the devil at least one night out of the year. Welcome to Halloween.” Obviously he meant about the things he had observed some of the Christian’s around him do. I’d say not every Christian worth his or her salt does actually do the Halloween thing. This is more predominant in the Western world, and is not that well-known in other parts of world. However, yes the mass media time and again does its bit to spread this bizarre celebration of spirits of various sorts, wherever the wind carries.
Halloween means the evening before All Hallows Day (or All Saint’s Day) celebrated on November 1. Halloween is just a shorter name of Allhalloween, All Hallows’ Evening and All Saint’s Eve which is celebrated on October 31. The origin of Halloween is derived from ancient Celtic harvest festivals. The Celtic druids had a belief that it’s that day or time when the souls of the dead supposedly could mingle with the living. Bonfires are still lit in the honor of the dead in cases though but more recently people think of Halloween as a night filled with candy, trick-or-treating, pumpkins, ghosts and death. (Refer to History Channel for more details).
For Christians there is no need to celebrate pagan festivals. Nothing in the Bible encourages us to do so. In fact it makes it clear to not follow their ways and ordinances:
“When the Lord your God cuts off before you the nations whom you go in to dispossess, and you dispossess them and dwell in their land, take care that you be not ensnared to follow them, after they have been destroyed before you, and that you do not inquire about their gods, saying, ‘How did these nations serve their gods?—that I also may do the same.’ (Deuteronomy 12:29-30)
And you shall not walk in the customs of the nation that I am driving out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I detested them. (Leviticus 20:23)
Thus saith the Lord: Learn not according to the ways of the Gentiles: and be not afraid of the signs of heaven, which the heathens fear (Jeremiah 10:2)
Let me also enlighten you one some general reasons to not celebrate Halloween:
- You could be mistaken for an intruder by people who are not aware that you are in costume. People do call on the police or just attack out others in costume.
- Violent activities take place around the time of Halloween by wicked and ignoble savages who prey on the innocents.
- You shouldn’t waste your time, effort and money on scaring unwitting people while hiding or not hiding behind masks. That’s what the terrorists do anyways.
- Don’t follow the herd mentality of doing something for the sake of doing something. Instead think and discern for yourself and do something constructive for yourself and others during that time.
Just a few disturbing new items related to Halloween that you and others should be aware of. I’ll post in the links if you wish to know of the details (These are external links. Viewer discretion is advised, not for the fainthearted and definitely not for unsupervised children):
- 18-year-old shot in head at Halloween party attended by 300 people in North Carolina barn – Click here to view the source
- Murdered woman’s body mistaken for hanging Halloween decoration – Click here to view the source
- Happy Halloween event slammed by punters as waste of money – Click here to view the source
- The Mom Scene : A tale of Halloween costume regret – Click here to view the source
Also, do watch the below video about a former witch who deep in the occult and she has to say about Halloween:
Christ be with you!