16 These six things the Lord hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
17 A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
19 A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren.
Depending on which region of the world you live in, there’s this odd thing called as Black Friday. I don’t call it religious. In fact this had nothing to do with Christ. On this day people shop like they have never seen a toothbrush before. They wait out of the shopping centres and rush like herds of cattle once it opens in the morning. This year 2017 it’s on 24th November but every year the date may vary but the trend continues.
So the people who will snooze when it comes to stand for their nation will be willing to stand for long hours to get their precious little goods. And the corporates manipulate these people into thinking they are getting things for cheap. May God get people out of their grip!
Remember this, no business sells goods to not make a profit. They are after your money in truth. So any one who goes for such Black Friday sales, is in a delusion if he or she believes that he or she got a bargain. Definitely no bargain price but simply dumping of old stocks before the New year begins.
And to say what I said earlier, people rush in like cattle. But cattle won’t steal each others grass when they are to graze. There are people so vile that they steal from children right in front of their parents. Some use most evil curse words to argue with others. And there are some men and at times women who literally beat others to get the last few stocks of digital gaming devices. Obviously they pay at the cash counter. But my point is that there no need to be a kleptomaniac nor a violent and rude person when going shopping this day. Such behaviour is not fitting for anyone claiming to follow the Lord Jesus Christ.
If you who are reading this have behaved in anyways like this then do repent of such unkind behaviour and be wise going forward. Cut out such behaviour from your life before it takes you to prison or somewhere more worse. And if you haven’t been involved in a Black Friday mess, then continue to be out of it, for your own well being.
[Jesus said;] And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire. (Mark 9:43)
This is written for those in God through Jesus Christ, that they must be focused on the Lord God first. Everything else follows that. It doesn’t mean you neglect your duties towards your family, school, work, nation etc. But rather that these duties do not keep you away from following God.
A person who truly follows Christ will not say, that he or she loves family so much, that they will sell drugs to maintain their family. Nor will such a person think that to keep friendship with any person they need to give up on holiness. The Christian faith is on earth but our priorities are always to be for the Lord’s glory each moment.
With that being the case, we are not left helpless to face our daily lives. But as we put God first, the Lord God blesses us with his graces even more. For Jesus himself spoke the grace for us to be provided by God his father by saying “Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you “(refer Mathew 6:31-33).
Now the faith to receive God’s grace in such a manner is not to be taken lightly. One cannot doubt his existence and next time start expecting his graces. So any person who wants God’s grace must always begin in existence of the Lord God and also believe that he rewards those who seek him.
For if you believe God will not forgive you for stealing then as per your faith it’ll be granted, which is that you won’t be forgiven. But if you sincerely and truly believe that God can forgive you then surely you will be forgiven. Grace too works the same way as your faith. Therefore expect the grace of God by first respecting the grace of God in your prayers, words and actions.
And then don’t worry about the world’s opinions on God but go only by the truth, which is the Gospel in times of universal deceit. The cross is what you must carry rather than the vanity, pleasures and worries of the world. Scripture does say that world and it’s lust are passing away but he who does the will of God shall live for ever. So don’t get enticed by the world that is fading away but focus on God who’ll be in glory for ever.
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. (1 Corinthians 1:18)
Live not for bad things,
Live not for thoughts vile.
Live not for wicked wings,
Live not for an unholy smile.
Live for the Lord God daily,
Live for Christ Jesus in truth.
Live for the Gospel truly,
Live for abundantly bearing fruit.
Live not for vanity,
Live not for timidity.
Live not for speaking profanity,
Live not for spiritual rancidity.
Live to see the glory of God,
Live to see his Holy face.
Live to see Christ rule with his rod,
Live to see the kingdom grow in grace.
- Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves molten gods; I am the LORD your God. (Leviticus 19:4)
- ‘You shall not eat anything with the blood, nor practice divination or soothsaying. (Leviticus 19:26)
- ‘Do not turn to mediums or spiritists; do not seek them out to be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God. (Leviticus 19:31)
- Now therefore, O Lord, God of Israel, keep for your servant David my father what you have promised him, saying, ‘You shall not lack a man to sit before me on the throne of Israel, if only your sons pay close attention to their way, to walk in my law as you have walked before me.’ (2 Chronicles 6:16)
- How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.(Psalm 119:9)
- Remove vexation from your heart, and put away pain from your body, for youth and the dawn of life are vanity. (Ecclesiastes 11:10)
- The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. (1 Timothy 1:5)
- But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs. But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness. (1 Timothy 6:9-11)
- Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart (2 Timothy 2:22)
- Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul. (1 Peter 2:11)
- Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. (1 Corinthians 6:18)
”Man’s greatest honor and privilege is to do the will of God. This was what the Lord Jesus taught His disciples. He once said that only those who did His Father’s will would enter the kingdom of Heaven (Matt. 7:21). He also said that His true brothers and sisters were those who did the will of God (Matt. 12:50).” – Zac Poonen