O Christians do not celebrate Halloween
Thus says the LORD:“Do not learn the way of the Gentiles; Do not be dismayed at the signs of heaven,For the Gentiles are dismayed at them. (Jeremiah 10:2)
O Christians do not celebrate Halloween. Because Halloween is a celebration of witchcraft and demons which is inconsistent with the Gospel and the Holy Bible. It doesn’t matter how much secular it seems you should just concerned yourself about how sinful is this celebration and how much you should distance yourself from this occult event. Take a moment to consider that when you focus on celebrating Halloween you are just doing a modernized version of non Christian or Pagan traditions.
Halloween is a holiday celebrated each year on October 31, and Halloween 2022 will occur on Monday, October 31. The tradition originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off ghosts.This day marked the end of summer and the harvest and the beginning of the dark, cold winter, a time of year that was often associated with human death. Celts believed that on the night before the new year, the boundary between the worlds of the living and the dead became blurred. On the night of October 31 they celebrated Samhain, when it was believed that the ghosts of the dead returned to earth. You might hear of Halloween therefor a Samhain or even as Feralia or Pomona (both ancient Roman festivals).
There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For all who do these things are an abomination to the LORD, and because of these abominations the LORD your God drives them out from before you. You shall be blameless before the LORD your God. (Deuteronomy 18:10-13)
O Christians do not try to be friends with the Lord while trying to follow demons in any way. Just focus on doing what pleases the Lord God and it’ll go well with you. Despite the good counsels of the Holy Scriptures if someone who still wants to kowtow to demons its their own fault, do not blame God for this!
“You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons.” (1 Corinthians 10:21)
“But test everything; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil.” (1 Thessalonians 5:21-22)
“Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.” (Ephesians 5:11)
Just because someone thinks they can speak in favor of following Pagan traditions while claiming to love the Gospel that doesn’t make their claims is valid.
“Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!” (Isaiah 5:20)
“Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.” (Ephesians 5:15-16)
Just because a so called Christian leader says that Halloween or Samhain or Feralia or Pomona can be followed without being in sin, doesn’t mean what that one says is truly right. Refrain from this sinful practice and be true to Jesus Christ!
Quick Reminder: Be content in the Lord God
- Philippians 4:11-13 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
- 1 Timothy 6:6-12 But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
- Proverbs 19:23 The fear of the LORD leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble.
Quick Reminder : Remove all cursed objects from your life
If you profess your faith in Christ Jesus then don’t put your faith in any other person nor thing for blessings. By the Holy Spirit expect your prayers to be heard by God the Father in heaven with Jesus interceding at God’s right hand.
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. (Ephesians 4:30)
Why Christians should not celebrate Halloween?
Any Christian must avoid celebrating Halloween for its pagan in origin and does not honor God at all. Those who believe in Christ must cease and desist immediately from this as it’s not theirs to celebrate anyways. Its pagan in origin and will remain pagan in its actions no matter how well-intentioned you might be.
Here is a detailed video about it:
In fact, Anton LaVey, the founder of the Church of Satan, said: “I am glad that Christian parents let their children worship the devil at least one night out of the year. Welcome to Halloween.” Obviously he meant about the things he had observed some of the Christian’s around him do. I’d say not every Christian worth his or her salt does actually do the Halloween thing. This is more predominant in the Western world, and is not that well-known in other parts of world. However, yes the mass media time and again does its bit to spread this bizarre celebration of spirits of various sorts, wherever the wind carries.
Halloween means the evening before All Hallows Day (or All Saint’s Day) celebrated on November 1. Halloween is just a shorter name of Allhalloween, All Hallows’ Evening and All Saint’s Eve which is celebrated on October 31. The origin of Halloween is derived from ancient Celtic harvest festivals. The Celtic druids had a belief that it’s that day or time when the souls of the dead supposedly could mingle with the living. Bonfires are still lit in the honor of the dead in cases though but more recently people think of Halloween as a night filled with candy, trick-or-treating, pumpkins, ghosts and death. (Refer to History Channel for more details).
For Christians there is no need to celebrate pagan festivals. Nothing in the Bible encourages us to do so. In fact it makes it clear to not follow their ways and ordinances:
“When the Lord your God cuts off before you the nations whom you go in to dispossess, and you dispossess them and dwell in their land, take care that you be not ensnared to follow them, after they have been destroyed before you, and that you do not inquire about their gods, saying, ‘How did these nations serve their gods?—that I also may do the same.’ (Deuteronomy 12:29-30)
And you shall not walk in the customs of the nation that I am driving out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I detested them. (Leviticus 20:23)
Thus saith the Lord: Learn not according to the ways of the Gentiles: and be not afraid of the signs of heaven, which the heathens fear (Jeremiah 10:2)
Let me also enlighten you one some general reasons to not celebrate Halloween:
- You could be mistaken for an intruder by people who are not aware that you are in costume. People do call on the police or just attack out others in costume.
- Violent activities take place around the time of Halloween by wicked and ignoble savages who prey on the innocents.
- You shouldn’t waste your time, effort and money on scaring unwitting people while hiding or not hiding behind masks. That’s what the terrorists do anyways.
- Don’t follow the herd mentality of doing something for the sake of doing something. Instead think and discern for yourself and do something constructive for yourself and others during that time.
Just a few disturbing new items related to Halloween that you and others should be aware of. I’ll post in the links if you wish to know of the details (These are external links. Viewer discretion is advised, not for the fainthearted and definitely not for unsupervised children):
- 18-year-old shot in head at Halloween party attended by 300 people in North Carolina barn – Click here to view the source
- Murdered woman’s body mistaken for hanging Halloween decoration – Click here to view the source
- Happy Halloween event slammed by punters as waste of money – Click here to view the source
- The Mom Scene : A tale of Halloween costume regret – Click here to view the source
Also, do watch the below video about a former witch who deep in the occult and she has to say about Halloween:
Christ be with you!
Tempt no one
Tempt no one to sin ever,
Though you be naive or clever.
Refrain from such a sin,
Lest your hope become thin.
Remember that no tempter is allowed in paradise,
For God’s kingdom detests all vice.
Tempt not for leisure nor treasure nor pleasure,
Lest God’s judgement you’d get in full measure.
Do not entice your friend nor foe nor neighbour,
Lest for your place in Hades you labour.
For its gate is wide and entry much cheap,
And the unrepentant there their torments reap.
But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea
Avoid having a vacant mind
Avoid having a vacant mind,
Lest from heavens path you get left behind.
Blank not your mind even mildly,
Lest your life goes on wildly.
Avoid being away from God’s Word in thought disengaged,
Lest by the dark insidious world you get upstaged.
Never ever hollow your soul,
Lest you miss your heavenly goal.
Avoid blankly using your head,
Lest you don’t discern instead.
Avoid not thinking at all,
Lest you don’t do good either big or small.
Quick Reminder : Stay out of all evil ways and behaviours
- Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves molten gods; I am the LORD your God. (Leviticus 19:4)
- ‘You shall not eat anything with the blood, nor practice divination or soothsaying. (Leviticus 19:26)
- ‘Do not turn to mediums or spiritists; do not seek them out to be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God. (Leviticus 19:31)
- Now therefore, O Lord, God of Israel, keep for your servant David my father what you have promised him, saying, ‘You shall not lack a man to sit before me on the throne of Israel, if only your sons pay close attention to their way, to walk in my law as you have walked before me.’ (2 Chronicles 6:16)
- How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.(Psalm 119:9)
- Remove vexation from your heart, and put away pain from your body, for youth and the dawn of life are vanity. (Ecclesiastes 11:10)
- The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. (1 Timothy 1:5)
- But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs. But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness. (1 Timothy 6:9-11)
- Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart (2 Timothy 2:22)
- Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul. (1 Peter 2:11)
- Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. (1 Corinthians 6:18)