Avoid fooling around on April the 1st (April fool’s day)
The first day of the month of April, is usually when most of the world practices what called “April Fool’s Day”. Christians should avoid indulging in the antics of this day and rather pray for wisdom for themselves and others.
It’s a noble thought to desire that your friends and family become wise and intelligent. It’s vain to provoke them to fear, shock and outrage by deliberately fooling them or rather tricking them. Such thoughts which are deceptive are not as per the will of God.
In order to fool someone of April Fool’s Day, people of the world tell lies, they also deceive others in various means. So if you see a picture of a panda on an elephant be assured that it’s a trick to fool you. Rather pictures human beings riding an elephant are more realistic. I mean on this day (maybe others try it all year round) there are plenty of lies being told through videos, news reports, images and what not. Be on guard against them. It’s best to avoid trusting the news and messages that you might receive on such a day.
Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. All his followers must therefore, not lie! The Bible does not tell us to lie, it in fact tells us not to lie and not to sin with our speech and actions. Life your life unto the Lord in honesty and integrity of heart. If the world wants to sin by indulging in April Fool’s day, its only because they have chosen so because they have accepted falsehood as their all. While you have the Word of God to guide and lead you, so never say you cannot reject the sinful ways of the world. Say yes to Christ in all your words and actions, let them always be true and wholesome.
Bible verses for reflection:
- Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight. (Proverbs 12:22)
- Better is a poor person who walks in his integrity than one who is crooked in speech and is a fool. (Proverbs 19:1)
- Be not a witness against your neighbor without cause, and do not deceive with your lips. (Proverbs 24:28)
- And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them. (Luke 6:31)
- “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. (Matthew 7:12)
- Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another. (Ephesians 4:25)
- Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. (Ephesians 4:31-32)
- Pray for us, for we are sure that we have a clear conscience, desiring to act honorably in all things. (Hebrews 13:18)
- But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)