There are some people who covet things of others during hard times. Some covet during easy times. While some people, covet all the time. No matter what time anyone covets, it will only be a bad thing to do. Read on to know why.
What does it mean to covet?
Some of you reading this might not be aware of the meaning of the word ‘covet’. So let’s see that is the definition of this which I have taken reference from dictionary.com
- inordinately or wrongly desirous of wealth or possessions; greedy.
- eagerly desirous.
By the definition of what it is to be covetous, you’ll notice it’ about having a wrong desire towards having something that belongs to another.
The Bible condemns covetousness in all its forms.
Such wrong desires are already denounced by the Bible and here’s a verse about covetousness:
“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s.” (Exodus 20:17)
So you must be vary of covetousness each time. Don’t give any excuses about this. Ever!
Is it wrong to desire anything?
Now it’s not wrong to want to eat good food, earn a good salary, and even have a good spouse. In fact, you can pray to God about these things and wait upon him to grace you with a miracle for all your needs. This is true when you are not stealing from anyone nor taking away things from anyone by trickery or deceit.
What are the consequences of wrong or covetous desires?
What is wrong is having a desire to want something that belongs to another. Because such evil desires can lead to even bigger sins. The following verses confirm this:
- So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate, and she also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate. (Genesis 3:6)
- Do not love the world or the things in the world. If any one loves the world, love for the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the pride of life, is not of the Father but is of the world.And the world passes away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides for ever. (1 John 2:15-17)
- Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted with evil and he himself tempts no one; but each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin; and sin when it is full-grown brings forth death. (James: 13-15)
From this we can understand:
- Covetousness itself is a sin.
- Covetousness is not from God.
- Covetousness can lead to bigger sins.
- And all sin leads to death.
If you have lived a life of covetousness, please repent of it unto the Lord Jesus Christ. Confess this and each sin unto to the Lord God and ask for his forgiveness. The benefits are yours to accept when you choose to repent and believe in the Gospel; eternal life and friendship with God in Jesus Christ.
Christ be with you!
Lack of preparation is one of the reasons why of people miss the move of God in their lives. Usually they miss out on their healing, not because of sin or lack of desire but because they didn’t prepare themselves in Christ Jesus. Preparation is holy ground, so tread with honour on it. You don’t need to earn the grace of God as it can’t be earned. However, you can begin to prepare by paying attention to the promptings of the Holy Spirit who leads us into the will of God.
A couple of days ago, I had a dream, a really strange dream, in this dream I was talking to a fellow, with an issue and the issue was this, his relatives had brought a bride to him that he was supposed to be marrying, unfortunately it seemed that he was not prepared for this marriage and to make matters worse he was past the age of marriage.
As I pondered over this strange dream, I believe the Holy Spirit begin to speak to me on an issue very dear to God’s heart, this man was unprepared for something that he was already due or in fact over due for.
If there is one thing we need do today, it is to live in preparation for the things that God is bringing us into, these works many ways, for example we need to be prepared for the coming of the…
View original post 1,382 more words