“Is not the gospel its own sign and wonder? Is not this a miracle of miracles, that ‘God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish’? Surely that precious word, ‘Whosoever will, let him come and take the water of life freely’ and that solemn promise, ‘Him that cometh unto Me, I will in no wise cast out,’ are better than signs and wonders! A truthful Saviour ought to be believed. He is truth itself. Why will you ask proof of the veracity of One who cannot lie?” ― Charles H. Spurgeon
Read the Gospel and it believe,
Lest the Devil does deceive.
Read the Gospel prayerfully,
That you serve God cheerfully.
Read the Gospel with relish,
Don’t be like those who perish.
Read the Gospel to get wise,
That things infernal you despise.
Read the Gospel to grow,
And all foolishness to throw.
Read the Gospel to abide,
And in God’s will reside.
Read the Gospel to act,
That you do right in fact.
Read the Gospel to meditate,
That you in truth Christ imitate.
Most of the world knows the terms ‘Merry Christmas’ and ‘Christmas shopping’. But what it doesn’t know clearly is the Gospel of Jesus Christ! By world I mean those who are not in the Lord.
As you love the Lord God it’s a good and wholesome thought and action to let others know of the salvation of the Lord. You might have to actually preach the Gospel more in words than action. Because some people don’t understand the meaning of actions unless you tell them. The devil has tricked them into not being able to connect the dots by observing good behaviour alone. The greatest good that a Christian can do for another person is to lead him or her to Jesus Christ by preaching the Gospel to them. This is the good that benefits them in the after life if they receive and hold onto this life.
There are lost who need healing. Preach to them and pray for them. You can also get them to church so that the preacher and church elders can pray over them. There are the lost who need deliverance from evil. Don’t be scared to declare the victory of Jesus on the cross to them. There are lost who are broken. Speak to them of Christ who cares for you.
He says, “You will do more than restore the people of Israel to me. I will make you a light to the Gentiles, and you will bring my salvation to the ends of the earth.” (Isaiah 49:6)
Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. And when they saw him they worshiped him; but some doubted. And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.” (Matthew 28:16-20)
Therefore let it be known to you that this salvation of God has been sent to the Gentiles; they will listen. (Acts 28:28)
All praise to the Lord God who is worthy of all worship, honour and adoration. Thanks be to God for sending his only begotten son Jesus Christ to redeem us from sin and death. May the Spirit of God lead us in all truth.
Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves. Surely you know that Jesus Christ is among you; if not, you have failed the test of genuine faith. (2 Corinthians 13:5)
The personal responsibility to honour the Lord God rests with you alone. No one else can do it for you. There might be others who want to encourage you to love and serve the Lord Jesus. Thank God for such people.
But you yourself have to know if you truly honour God. Because it’s very easy for others to have a wrong opinion if you are truly following the Lord or not. Some vile people can trick even their religious leaders that they are following Jesus. But all this happens when they are actually in deep sin. Some ignorant people think they are in sin though they are leading a holy life. This is because they are fearful that leaders, family and friends might contradict them. Don’t be a hypocrite nor unsure of your faith and salvation. (Being unsure of your faith may allow heresy or legalism). So check your faith and honour towards the Lord God in your own heart, without any bias to yourself.
Bible verses to reflect on:
Tremble, and do not sin; Meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.(Psalm 4:4)
When I kept silent about my sin, my body wasted away Through my groaning all day long. For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me; My vitality was drained away as with the fever heat of summer. Selah. I acknowledged my sin to You, And my iniquity I did not hide; I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD”; And You forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah.(Psalm 32:3-5)
“How many are my iniquities and sins? Make known to me my rebellion and my sin (Job 13:23)
Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup. (1 Corinthians 11:28)
Wow! Such a creative way of presenting Jesus!
Name : JESUS CHRIST
Address : Ephesians 1:20
Phone : Romans 10:13
Website : Bible
Keywords : Christ, Lord, Savior and Jesus
My name is Jesus – The Christ. Many call me Lord! I’ve sent you my CV because I’m seeking the top management position in your heart. Feel free to read my details below.
🔺I founded the earth and established the heavens, (see Proverbs 3:19)
🔺I formed man from the dust of the ground, (see Genesis 2:7)
🔺I breathed into man the breath of life, (see Genesis 2:7)
🔺I redeemed man from the curse of the law, (see Galatians 3:13)
🔺The blessings of the Abrahamic Covenant comes upon your life through me, (see Galatians 3:14)
🔺I’ve only had one employer, (see Luke 2:49).
🔺I’ve never been tardy, absent, disobedient, slothful or disrespectful.
🔺My employer has nothing but rave reviews for me, (see Matthew 3:15-17).
*Skills and Work Experiences*
🔺Some of my skills and work experiences include: empowering the poor to be poor no more, healing the brokenhearted, setting the captives free, healing the sick, restoring sight to the blind and setting at liberty them that are bruised, (see Luke 4:18).
🔺I am a Wonderful Counselor, (see Isaiah 9:6). People who listen to me shall dwell safely and shall not fear evil, (see Proverbs 1:33).
Most importantly, I have the authority, ability and power to cleanse you of your sins, (see I John 1:7-9)
🔺I encompass the entire breadth and length of knowledge, wisdom and understanding, (see Proverbs 2:6).
In me are hidden all of the treasures of wisdom and knowledge, (see Colossians 2:3).
My Word is so powerful; it has been described as being a lamp unto your feet and a lamp unto your path, (see Psalms 119:105).
🔺I can even tell you all of the secrets of your heart, (see Psalms 44:21).
🔹I was an active participant in the greatest Summit Meeting of all times, (see Genesis 1:26).
🔹I laid down my life so that you may live, (see II Corinthians 5:15).
🔹I defeated the archenemy of God and mankind and made a show of them openly, (see Colossians 2:15).
🔹I’ve miraculously fed the poor, healed the sick and raised the dead!
There are many more major accomplishments, too many to mention here.
You can read them in the BIBLE.
You don’t need an Internet connection or computer to access it.
Believers and followers worldwide will testify to my divine healings, salvation, deliverance, miracles, restoration, supernatural guidance, and the Holy Spirit can testify to that.
Now that you’ve read my CV, I’m confident that I’m the only candidate uniquely qualified to fill this vital position in your heart.
In summation, I will properly direct your paths, (see Proverbs 3:5-6), and lead you into everlasting life, (see John 6:47).
When can I start? Time is of the essence, (see Hebrews 3:15).
JUST ASK ME TO START FROM YOUR HEART AND I PROMISE TO START IMMEDIATELY.(Rom. 10:9-10)
God bless you all as we invite Lord Jesus into our heart everyday.
Send this CV to everyone you know, you never know who may have an opening for me !
The Gospel is not a mere message of deliverance, but a canon of conduct; it is not a theology to be accepted, but it is ethics to be lived. It is not to be believed only, but it is to be taken into life as a guide. (Alexander MacLaren)
If anyone believes that Jesus Christ exists that person’s faith is still incomplete, if he or she does not believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. This will be a great hindrance to that person receiving salvation.
Those who say he was never crucified by citing any reason or religious authority, are not saved either. For the resurrection to happen there would need to be a death. Not any type of death but that by crucifixion. Again, there is no resurrection of Jesus Christ without the crucifixion. Jesus himself spoke of his death and resurrection as mentioned in the below verses:
- And Jesus began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes and be killed, and after three days rise again. (Mark 8:31)
- saying, “The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised.” (Luke 9:22)
The crucifixion was foretold in Psalm 22, of which here are the specific verses:
16 For dogs encompass me; a company of evildoers encircles me; they have pierced my hands and feet— 17 I can count all my bones—they stare and gloat over me;18 they divide my garments among them, and for my clothing they cast lots. (Psalm 22:16-18)
This prophecy about Jesus was fulfilled and mention in the Gospel of Matthew (Chapter 19:23-24)
23 When the soldiers had crucified Jesus, they took his garments and divided them into four parts, one part for each soldier; also his tunic. But the tunic was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom, 24 so they said to one another, “Let us not tear it, but cast lots for it to see whose it shall be.” This was to fulfill the Scripture which says,“They divided my garments among them, and for my clothing they cast lots.”
The following verses show that one must confess and believe that God raised Jesus from the dead, to receive salvation:
5 For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them. 6 But the righteousness based on faith says, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down) 7 “or ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. (Romans 10:5-10)
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, (1 Peter 1:3)
14 Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.” (Mark 1:14-15)
Jesus said “repent and believe in the Gospel”. One needs to repent of sin, because it’s the command of Jesus. Now, believing in the Gospel includes believing in the atoning death of Jesus Christ and also his glorious resurrection. Those who don’t believe in the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus will not be saved, unless they repent of their unbelief and believe in the Gospel completely. And by this I mean they believe that God raised Jesus from the dead.
“Jesus once said that Satan was a thief. Satan does not steal money, for he knows that money has no eternal value. He steals only what has eternal value – primarily the souls of men. Jesus said further that after Satan steals, he kills and destroys what he has stolen (John 10:10). In contrast, Jesus went on to say, that He Himself had come to give us abundant life. Isn’t it amazing that in a world of 5,500 million people, more than 99% of the people prefer to believe Satan’s lies and to obey him rather than believe in Jesus Christ and obey the Word of God. There we can see what a tremendous work Satan has done in convincing people that it is not a serious matter to disobey God’s Word.” (Zac Poonen)
Muslim from Iran becomes Christian
Miracle Testimony: Chinese Woman Saved By Jesus Christ Before She Knew Him
Young Sunni Muslim converts to Christianity…Testimony
Why Muslim Dr. Nabeel Qureshi Converted to Christianity
A Jew Finds Jesus (Jesse Danziger)
Orthodox Jew Opens his Heart to Jesus
You salvation which comes from Jesus is highly valuable. This will keep you from going to hell when you die and away from eternal judgement at the Final Judgement. With salvation they joys and security of eternal life in Christ are promised. We must take care that we always have our salvation from God. So here’s a question that pertains to this; can salvation be lost?
A quick and direct answer to this is that salvation can be lost if you give up on Jesus and the Gospel. One can also say that if a person was a Christian but renounced the faith later and then became an atheist then he will automatically lose his salvation. It’s that simple. Now, I know that for a question like this, it’s important to know why salvation can be lost. Also some may wonder what does it mean by ‘give up’ in this case. I’d suggest that you read the following as objectively as you can to understand why a person may lose his/her salvation.
An uneasy question indeed!
This question that makes people very uneasy in church, office and school. The fear of eternal damnation is so compelling that people try to avoid this topic when at dinner at home or at a church picnic. They prefer if the preacher is preaching about dangers of being in sin to a general audience instead of smaller groups or one on one.
If you don’t ignore physical safety then why ignore spiritual security?
When it comes to your physical safety, you know there are rules and principles to be followed. You don’t fiddle with the law of gravity but take due precautions when going in an aircraft. Small babies by instinct scream when they see a vicious snake around and so alert their parents. If you see a landmine its unwise to step on it even if your captain says to tap it, you’d rather choose to disobey him and throw a stone on it from (real) far away to show him that is dangerous. So if we take care of our physical safety how much more must be aware of everything related to our spiritual security in this life and the life to come?
Beware of the bandwagon effect
Then as usual you have the denominational bandwagon effect in which legalistic people are of the opinion that if you follow all their rules you are saved but if you do not, then you’re not going to heaven. Also, there is the permissive crowd which has a feeling that everybody will go to heaven if they say the sinners prayer no matter how they behave later. It’s not wise to depend on someone’s feelings or opinions when it comes to salvation. You need to have the facts which prove themselves true in every situation and every time. This is a case of reality and not wishful thinking. No wonder you need to know that the Bible says about salvation and losing salvation.
To understand salvation lets read the below scripture verses. I’ve put an explanation in italics, where necessary.
- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
- Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. (John 5:24) (‘my word’ means the Gospel which also includes repentance of sins)
- Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:38)
- and after he brought them out, he said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” (Acts 16:30-31)
- For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Romans 10:13)
- If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:8-9)
- Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5) (It’s Jesus who saves us and not our good works)
To get a clear picture of how a person can lose salvation you can refer to the following scripture verses. Lots of verses here, so you may like to slow down a bit, when reading them:
- Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. (John 3:18)
- “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you? (Luke 6:46)
- “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ (Matthew 7:21-23)
- For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. (Matthew 24:24)
- He will render to each one according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury. (Romans 2:6-8) (here ‘patience in well-doing’ means to continue to believe in Jesus’ work of salvation for them)
- Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified. (1 Corinthians 9:24-27)
- But the Lord said to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against me, I will blot out of my book. (Exodus 32:33)
- And if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book. (Revelation 22:19)
- The saying is trustworthy, for: If we have died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us (2 Timothy 2:11-12)
- For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses. (Hebrews 10:26-28)
- And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him (1 John 2:3-4)
- But when a righteous person turns away from his righteousness and does injustice and does the same abominations that the wicked person does, shall he live? None of the righteous deeds that he has done shall be remembered; for the treachery of which he is guilty and the sin he has committed, for them he shall die. “Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not just.’ Hear now, O house of Israel: Is my way not just? Is it not your ways that are not just? When a righteous person turns away from his righteousness and does injustice, he shall die for it; for the injustice that he has done he shall die. (Ezekiel 18:24-26) (in context of the Gospel, this would indicate any person who turns away from the Gospel is deemed a sinner)
And finally please consider:
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him. (John 3:36)
So by this we must have great regard of the salvation which comes to us from Jesus and never take it lightly. If you have sinned, there is hope. Simply repent of your sins and unbelief and choose to follow Jesus again.