Dear brothers and sisters, Hell is a bad place to be. Once you die and then are condemned to hell there is no turning back. Yes, there is no turning back to God. Period.
There a few videos that you can get the details on this. If you are a minor (kid or below 18 years) then I’d advise you to watch these video along with your parents or elder relatives. Here we go:
There are preachers and their listeners who don’t want to talk about hell. Ask them why and they’d say that they don’t to talk about any thing negative, that’s the silly excuse they come up with to stop speaking the truth. The most truthful person on earth, I mean Jesus himself SPOKE often about hell.
Jesus said, “If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.” (Matt. 5:29-30)
Jesus told the story of a rich man and a poor man, and the rich man ended up in Hell, describing it as a place of torment (Luke 16:22-28). The rich man actually cried out in Hell: “. . .I am tormented in this flame” (Luke 16:24).
“The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will collect out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all evildoers, and they will throw them into the furnace of fire, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father” (Matthew 13:41-43).
In Matthew 25:31-46 we read : “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats . . . And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life”
In Matthew 13:42, Jesus speaks: “And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.”
In Matthew 25:41, Jesus speaks: “Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire . . .”
In Matthew 10:28, Jesus speaks: “Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.”
In Mark 9:46, Jesus speaks about hell again: “Where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.”
So if Jesus himself speaks about hell then such preachers are for fact making up lies by avoiding this topic. It’s not a sin to preach about the reality of hell! In fact part of the reason why Jesus came on earth, died on the cross and then got resurrected was that no man, woman or child who believes in him would ever suffer in hell. That’s part of the message of the gospel.
So if someone doesn’t still want to talk about hell, let me put me say it most politely, they are denying the gospel. Yes, let me repeat they are denying the gospel and not only that they are preaching a different gospel.
Now there is a truth about such people mentioned in the book of Galatians: But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned! (Galatians 1:8-9)
Now there are certain Church groups that say that these are things that were spoken before the cross of Christ and not later. I’d say that nowhere does this even dilute the teachings of Christ about hell even one bit. Further more even after the cross of Jesus there are verses in the Bible that warn about hell and eternal punishment.
Take note of all the verses in the Bible mentioned about hell. It’s ALWAYS about torment and punishment for sin.
2 Thess. 1:6-9 has it written as – God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power
Revelation 20:15 says, “And whoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”
Revelation 14:11 says, And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
It’s a fact the Bible speaks more about hell than heaven and for good reason, so that you don’t go to hell! Jesus came to earth so that you don’t go to hell. Hell is a place of eternal torment.
It’s not a chill out zone as mentioned in the world media. The punishments are real. No matter what punishment you got on earth for any sin or crime there is nothing in comparison to the agonies of hell as the torments of hell keep on going for ever.
The only way to not go to hell is to repent and believe in the Gospel! In Gospel of Luke chapter 13, Jesus gave a warning which is true for all generations: “Do you suppose that these Galileans were greater sinners than all other Galileans because they suffered this fate?”I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.
If you are already aware of hell then might need to know what is your duty in the knowledge of this truth. Here are a few pointers to follow:
Jude 1:23 “RESCUE OTHERS by SNATCHING them (pulling them out) from the FLAMES OF JUDGMENT. There are still others to whom you need to show mercy, but be careful that you aren’t contaminated by their sins.”
Mark 16:15 Jesus says, “GO into all the World and PREACH the Good News to EVERYONE.”
- Meditation for Saturday – on the Eternity of Punishment (prayers4reparation.wordpress.com)
- Lies Preachers Tell (thevoiceofwarning.wordpress.com)
- The Twisting Of Scripture, What The Bible Say’s About It & ‘The Modernist Preacher-Entering Hell’ (iamnotashamedofthegospelofchrist.com)
- Biblical Salvation (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
Be confident of the Lord whom you serve. Why should you hesitate in serving him? Would there be any valid reason?
To increase your confidence in Christ, you can try the following things. These are some principles to keep in mind. Here we go:
- Get to know Jesus personally. Take it as a personal challenge.
- Do not worship HIM from a distance come close to his heart.
- Commune daily with HIM. You can pray in silence or loudly. You can pray as you walk or while you sit. Christ waits for you in communion.
- Read about the Lords ways. The Bible is an excellent book that tells all about him. It speaks of his character and wisdom. It speaks of how he has been great and faithful through all generations.
- Do not believe what the world tells you about God through it various outlets like the media etc. The world still hasn’t learnt to measure the entire universe accurately. How do you expect it then to be precise about God who created the universe?
- Learn and understand the testimonies of those who put their trust in the Lord in various situations. Then work with him for your own testimony.
- Ask God to reveal his ways to you as you move with him.
- Seek his presence. Try to be still in his presence.
- Pray as long as it takes till you are fully hopeful in him.
- Remember always that no matter what the situation that God is in control and still reigns.
- Speak of Christ by the victory of the Cross rather than your works for him. This keeps the focus on him.