28 After this, Jesus, knowing that all was now finished, said to fulfill the Scripture), “I thirst.” 29 A jar full of sour wine stood there, so they put a sponge full of the sour wine on a hyssop branch and held it to his mouth. 30 When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, “It is finished,” and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. (John 19:28-30)
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, to show that the transcendent power belongs to God and not to us. 8 We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; 9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; 10 always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. 11 For while we live we are always being given up to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus may be manifested in our mortal flesh. 12 So death is at work in us, but life in you. (2 Corinthians 4:7-12)
When times have been tough and there seems to be no cure to what ails our world, let’s turn to the Lord God the Creator of the Word for refuge and relief. Let’s not put our trust in vain people who will only test their solutions with us but don’t take accountability for the consequences. We need to trust and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of the Living God, to deliver us from all evil, now and forever.
(Even if you end up reading this anytime in 2021, maybe you were stuck with work or partying, remember that this is God’s gentle reminder for you; to ask for grace and mercy in the name of Jesus, that your life be secured and holy.)
Please do note that unless you desire that the Lord God guards and defends you as you praise His Holy Name, don’t expect that He rebuilds your life nor make the future to be hopeful. You need to believe that God exists and that He can and will defeat all the power of darkness, if only you ask in faith right now. This is a time to reflect and pray for a better year ahead in 2021. For this we can read the below verses:
Unless the Lord builds the house,
those who build it labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
the watchman stays awake in vain.
It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest,
eating the bread of anxious toil;
for he gives to his beloved sleep. (Psalm 127:1-2)
No wisdom, no understanding, no counsel,
can avail against the Lord.
The horse is made ready for the day of battle,
but the victory belongs to the Lord. (Proverbs 21:30-31)
Now for the prayer points for the year 2021, I’ve broken them up into five basic categories as mentioned below. Pray each of them as applicable to your own need. Faith in Jesus Christ is the key to a victorious 2021, keep this in mind as you pray them out. Also ask the Holy Spirit to intercede for you as you pray, so that you remember any special thing that you need to pray for this year and do not miss it. Here are the prayer points:
Personal prayer points
- O Lord I pray that I get more opportunities to love and serve you all through the year 2021.
- Keep me and my loved ones safe from all sickness, dangers and terrors, and calamities by your grace. Let not the enemy prevail against me in any way.
- Protect my health, intellect, memory, and finances O Saviour of the world. Remove all debt and financial liabilities out of my life. Help me to make the right decisions about the way I work and spend my money.
- Bless my family, friends, and loved ones with safety in spirit and in body too.
- Let all demonic influences be exposed and removed from my life and from my loved ones, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
- Open my eyes to take every day fruitfully by reading and believing in your Holy Word.
- Help me by your Holy Spirit to put my hope neither in any man nor woman but only in Christ Jesus the Lord.
- I pray that I keep getting wisdom from above to help me walk wisely and in the light of Jesus Christ.
- Bless me with gratitude as my attitude so that I don’t fall into pride and vanity. Amen.
National prayer points
- I ask for forgiveness and healing for my nation in which I live and which you have ordained me to be in O God.
- I pray that all evil leaders and corrupt officials are booted out of their seats and positions of power. I also desire that these bad ones are not let loose again to carry out their evil plans against anyone.
- Please instead of them give us real and true leaders that seek only the welfare of the nation.
- In the name of Jesus I pray that there be no earthquakes, no sickness, no tsunamis, no snow nor sand storms nor forest fires for every area I pray for in this nation (try to think which place needs which sort of safety).
- I pray that the borders of my nation are secure and all traitors are stopped from carrying out their evil deeds.
- I ask that there comes no civil war in this nation nor is there any infringement of the rights of the people in the name of false peace and false safety by the government.
- Grant that those who plot against my fellow Christians and true Jews in my nations are only met with failure in their evil schemes. Amen.
International prayer points
- I pray for peace in every nation where there is war that the killings and violence cease.
- That children are no longer harmed in places such as South East Asia, Uganda, Nigeria, Iraq, Syria, North Korea and Afghanistan etc.
- That the laws of the nations are not twisted to enable the people to transgress the will of God in areas of marriage, relationships, finances, genetics etc.
- That there is true peace in Israel and all of Jerusalem.
- That there be an escape for the people of various nations from sickness, natural calamities, and financial ruin.
- May the weapons and bombs of the terror groups fail in abundance where they plot against innocent people. I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Local church prayer points
- I pray that the local church finds true rest in Christ the Lord.
- That there is no racial nor ethnic discrimination in church.
- That the churchgoers both offline and online, desire to pray everyday and read the Bible everyday.
- That the people of the church worship God with eagerness and thanksgiving.
- That there is only the right understanding of the Holy Scriptures at church.
- I ask in faith that my local church is protected by the grace of God from all enemies visible and invisible.
- That my local church is kept safe against all heresies and worldly lies..
- I pray for the elders and leaders and preachers of the local church, that they be true to divine calling in serving the people of God in Christ-like humility and courage. I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Worldwide church prayer points
- I pray that all resistance to the authority of Jesus Christ is met with failure by his enemies who might pose as true believers but are in reality fake ones.
- That the church of the Lord Jesus Christ continues to have faith among its various members even if this is an age where people become apostates.
- That all denominational fights are settled in a peaceful way without compromising on the true Gospel teaching.
- That all false Christian unity movements and related organizations are exposed and their plans are sabotaged by the people of God and the angels of God.
- That the Gospel is preached to every nation on Earth in accordance with the will of God.
- That signs and wonders of the Lord by the Holy Spirit pave way for the preaching of the Gospel and healing of the nations.
- I ask for the safety of missionaries and even the general Christians in areas where the persecution against those who believe in Christ is dangerous and tyrannical.
- I pray that in regions where Christians are in majority, that they are not lax in keeping the faith nor are they stuck in worthless pursuits of worldly passions. May their eyes open to the truth and not be fascinated by the darkness of the world. O Lord, cause the preachers to preach to the people over there without diluting the Word of God. Amen.
I wish you a blessed and prosperous New Year in the Lord Jesus Christ. May the joy of the Lord be your strength. I pray to God that the Enemy of your soul is not able to outwit you. I also pray that you cling always to the Word of God in all that you say, think, or do. Amen.
Jesus Christ be with you, this entire year 2021 and forever!
“And I tell you, every one who acknowledges me before men, the Son of man also will acknowledge before the angels of God; but he who denies me before men will be denied before the angels of God. (Luke 12:8-9)
And brought them out and said, “Men, what must I do to be saved?” And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” (Acts 16:30-31)
Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is based on the law shall live by it. But the righteousness based on faith says, Do not say in your heart, “Who will ascend into heaven?” (that is, to bring Christ down or “Who will descend into the abyss?” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). But what does it say? The word is near you, on your lips and in your heart (that is, the word of faith which we preach); because, if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For man believes with his heart and so is justified, and he confesses with his lips and so is saved. The scripture says, “No one who believes in him will be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; the same Lord is Lord of all and bestows his riches upon all who call upon him. For, “every one who calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:5-13)
Surely none who wait for You will be put to shame; but those who are faithless without cause will be disgraced. (Psalm 25:3)
I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. (Psalm 27:13-14)
Wait for the LORD and keep His way, and He will raise you up to inherit the land. When the wicked are cut off, you will see it. (Psalm 37:34)
I waited patiently for the LORD; He inclined to me and heard my cry. (Psalm 40:1)
Rest in God alone, O my soul, for my hope comes from Him. (Psalm 62:5)
I wait for the LORD; my soul does wait, and in His word I put my hope. (Psalm 130:5)
Do not say, “I will avenge this evil!” Wait on the LORD, and He will deliver you. (Proverbs 20:22)
And in that day it will be said, “Surely this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He has saved us. This is the LORD for whom we have waited. Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation.” (Isaiah 25:9)
For the vision awaits an appointed time; it testifies of the end, and will not lie. Though it lingers, wait for it, since it will surely come and not delay. (Habakkuk 2:3)
Jesus gave us the parable of Wise and Foolish Builders in Matthew 7:24-27 in which he said the following:
“Every one then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock; and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And every one who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand; and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell;and great was the fall of it.”
Jesus in the above parable wants us to understand the importance of both hearing his words and also acting on them. There are people who only hear the words of Jesus but do not act on it. Then we have people who both hear and act on the Word of God. Now, both of these types of people will keep building their life and achievements.
And they will face challenges and tough times as well. Only those who have acted on the words of the Lord Jesus will prevail and those who do not act, will suffer great losses. The most dangerous of such losses is when a person loses his or her soul to the Evil One at the time of death because of not abiding by the Word of God in their thoughts, words and actions.
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. (James 1:22)
20 In a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver but also of wood and earthenware, and some for noble use, some for ignoble. 21 If any one purifies himself from what is ignoble, then he will be a vessel for noble use, consecrated and useful to the master of the house, ready for any good work. 22 So shun youthful passions and aim at righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call upon the Lord from a pure heart. 23 Have nothing to do with stupid, senseless controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. 24 And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kindly to every one, an apt teacher, forbearing, 25 correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant that they will repent and come to know the truth, 26 and they may escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will. (2 Timothy 2:20-26)
Flee youthful lusts
The biggest obstacle for those who are after the Lord Jesus is about how they face temptations. Some people know how to resist temptation really well, while others end up falling into temptation. I’d say to anyone facing such a problem in their walk with Jesus Christ, is that they flee such temptations especially those one’s which are called youthful lusts.
So what are these youthful lusts and should be one’s reponse?
Usually, these are those lusts that happen during one’s youth most of the time. Not every youth faces them all and it can be just one of two temptations which they enticed into and However, it sometimes happens to people even later in life. Nevertheless, these are called youthful lusts. Some of these include:
- Bad companionship
- Drug abuse
- Sexual immorality
- Rebellion against parents
- Rebellion against authorities
- Pride excessively in oneself
Please make sure you repent of the above sins in the name of Jesus Christ and also repent of all other sins too. This way you will be pure in the Kingdom of God.
Let me also break it down what the next part in Timothy 2:22 means ( aim at righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call upon the Lord from a pure heart. ). Here we go:-
Aim at righteousness
Don’t be walking aimlessly in life. Especially when walking with Jesus Christ, this is a full-time thing that you aim for righteousness in your thoughts, words, and actions.
You can’t go on not believing in God’s existence and call yourself a follower of Jesus Christ. Such an attitude at best is hypocritical and must be eliminated from your life. The only way to please God is by having faith in Him. And yes, you can manifest this faith in your thoughts, words and actions as per the commandments of God.
Let me just speak what the Bible says: “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” (Luke 10:27)
Peace, along with those who call upon the Lord from a pure heart.
Do everything that is only God to all who believe in the Lord Jesus. For this, you need to at peace with those at church, especially those from your friends and family too. Having respect for others who follow the Lord Jesus is important in your walk with Jesus.
Finally with regards to fleeing youthful lusts, always repent and never be a disgrace to your Christian community just because they’re forgiving and understanding. Take help from those strong in the faith. Never be ashamed to ask help from Jesus in prayer when faced with tempations. Remember that there is no repentance in the grave and charity begins at home.
Christ be with you!
A dog that returns to its vomit is like a fool who reverts to his folly (Proverbs 26:11)
Some people just like to keep returning to their sinful habits, no matter much you rescue them. They still think that the effect of their wrong choices will carry lesser or no negative effects. However such thinking is just plain wrong and is never supported by the Bible.
26 For if we sin deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a fearful prospect of judgment, and a fury of fire which will consume the adversaries. 28 A man who has violated the law of Moses dies without mercy at the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much worse punishment do you think will be deserved by the man who has spurned the Son of God, and profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and outraged the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. (Hebrews 10: 26-30)
If the Lord God has rescued you from any evil, be very thankful to him. This is one life that you have, don’t let it go waste on the same things Jesus saved you from. Don’t keep presuming that God will keep saving you each time. The Bible clearly warns us not to put the Lord your God to the test. So simply don’t stand in a place of danger trusting in miracles, when God does not approve of you going there. What place am I talking about? Its the place of backsliding (into any sin) which is just one stop before the place of Eternal damnation!
Never go back to bad friends and bad relations
Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.” Come to your right mind, and sin no more. For some have no knowledge of God. I say this to your shame. (1 Corinthians 15:33-34)
He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed. (Proverbs 13:20)
When Jesus saves you from bad friends, don’t walk right back with them, because they will 100% try to entice you to sin. Don’t displease the Lord God who has kept you from those who can ruin your soul with vile and sinful thoughts.
When you know that your past relationship, only made you an alcoholic or and immoral person, that relationship is simply going to lead you nowhere but in more evil things. Not worth your time nor effort, seriously!
Never go back to bad habits or sins
The backslider in heart will have his fill of his own ways, but a good man will be satisfied with his. (Proverbs 14:14)
“Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” ( Matthew 26:41)
But Jesus said to him, “No one, after putting his hand to the plow and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:62)
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. (Colossians 4:2)
What pity will people have for the drug addict who keeps doing back to drugs even after being revived several times due to his or her multiple overdoses? Such a drug addict or let me say recovering drug addicts must take help from those not on drugs to remain off such a lifestyle that can harm the body and mind as well.
In a similar way, going back to alcoholism to ‘forget’ your problems won’t make your problems disappear. These will remain and being drunk will only make it more difficult to fix anything.
Talking about both the above examples and all other sins in general including stealing, idolatry, etc you need to stay clear of them all. The same Lord God who rescued you from these sins and bad habits can give you the grace to never fall back into them. All you need to do is faithfully pray to God to give you the strength to remain true to your calling in Jesus Christ.
“Backsliding, generally first begins with neglect of private prayer.” (J. C. Ryle)
Christ be with you!
Youtube video courtesy of ronnieandmel.com