A real photo of a family at Guangzhou Airport, showing the fear prevalent in much of China today.
Coronavirus – Prayer Requests From the Church in Wuhan, China
A Prayer Request from a Wuhan Pastor:
* Peace be upon you. At this time the virus has been at the center of our thoughts and lives. We are always watching the latest news, and thinking about how our family and the church should face this.
* As for my family, I have gathered masks and food and have ventured outside as little as possible. When venturing out in public I have worn a mask, but as for the rest, I place my life in the Lord’s hands.
* As for the church, we are all part of a great struggle. We are facing a severe test of our faith, and we feel that Christians in our city are not only called to suffer with the people, but we have been called to pray for those who are fearful, and to introduce them to the peace of Christ.
* Please pray for the peace of Christ to rule and reign in our hearts, so that we may be a witness to those who are without hope.
* Pray that through this hardship, God’s children will grow nearer to the Almighty, and that the Lord will use it to purify our souls and give us many opportunities to proclaim the gospel.
* Brothers and sisters, I encourage you to be strong in Christ’s love. Even a sparrow cannot fall to the ground apart from the will of the Father. With so many millions facing this pestilence, can it be outside God’s will? In all that we are experiencing, is it any worse than what Abraham faced in Sodom, and Jonah faced in Nineveh? If God withheld judgment on Sodom because of one righteous man, or because of 120,000 who didn’t know their left hand from their right, withheld destruction from Nineveh, what of the city of Wuhan where we live? We are part of many thousands of righteous believers who live in this city, made righteous by the Blood of Jesus Christ.
* Please pray for God’s mercy upon Wuhan, and ask Him to bring peace upon our city, province and all of China at this time.
* Please intercede, asking our wonderful Savior to bring peace and healing to those who are afflicted with the illness, to provide supernatural strength and protection for the medical personnel struggling on the front lines, and to bless every official at every level, who are working to help the people of Wuhan!
* Please do not be concerned with my welfare, nor be agitated or fearful, but pray in the Name of Jesus. Many people are courageously serving our city, especially the medical personnel who are risking their lives. If they can take on such worldly responsibilities, how can the Body of Christ not more readily take on spiritual responsibilities!
* Please ask the Lord to use this pestilence for His glory, so that when it is over, there will be many more souls born-again into the kingdom of God than have perished.
Some more helpful links about the Coronavirus and the Church in Hubei Province:
* See our stats and a map showing the Christian population of Hubei Province.
* This site tracks the latest figures showing the spread of the virus in China and around the world. It is updated many times each day. As you can see from the graph at the bottom right of the page, the virus appears far from having reached its peak, and the number of deaths is rapidly increasing daily.
* Read how churches in Hubei Province are meeting together online during this plague, and one pastor encourages us to realize this is a fierce spiritual battle in China, and not just a physical one.
God bless the people of Wuhan and China!
Source link : https://asiaharvest.org/coronavirus-prayer-requests-from-the-church-in-wuhan-china/
‘Not Just an Italian Problem’: Coronavirus Threatens Europe’s Economy (nytimes.com)
Coronavirus in China: the outbreak, measures, and impact (pharmaceutical-technology.com)
The Banquet is ready, the Bride is NOT!
This parable is as true today as it was when Jesus walked the earth. (Luke 14: 16-24)
Jesus replied: “A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests. At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, ‘Come, for everything is now ready.‘ “But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, ‘I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.‘ “Another said, ‘I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I’m on my way to try them out. Please excuse me.’ “Still another said, ‘I just got married, so I can’t come.’ “The servant came back and reported this to his master. Then the owner of the house became angry and ordered his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.‘ ” ‘Sir,’ the servant said, ‘what you ordered has been done, but there is still room.‘ “Then the master told his servant, ‘Go out to the roads and country lanes and make them come in, so that my house will be full. I tell you, not one of those men who were invited will get a taste of my banquet.’ ”
Much of the Church is tied down to the cares and riches of this world, making them unready for the Lord’s return. Make no mistake, the Lord is coming back for a bride without Spot or Wrinkle, not for a bride caught up in sin, those people will not make it. [raptureprophecy.com]
Ask your children what they hear in the Lord’s house
“We spare neither labors nor means in order to teach our children secular sciences, so that they can serve well the earthly authorities. Only the knowledge of the holy Faith, the service of the Heavenly King are a matter of indifference to us. We allow them to attend spectacles but we care little whether they go to Church and stand within it reverently. We demand an account from them of what they learned in their secular institutes—why do we not demand an account from them of what they heard in the Lord’s house?” (St. John Chrysostom)
Head and not the tail
You shall be the head and not the tail,
You were not baptized to fail.
The blessings of the covenant old,
obtained by Christ for us we’re told.
Have true faith and let it show,
By God, be above and not below.
Do not fear when the Enemy assails,
The Church against Hell’s gates prevails.
Resist the Devil and let him flee,
Revel not in falsehood and vain glee.
Obey Jesus the Savior in full measure,
For he’s better than any earthly treasure.
God grant that you don’t have to borrow,
Let there be hope for every tomorrow.
Every blessing promised to Abraham pure,
By faith we receive in Christ Jesus to endure.
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. (Galatians 3:14)
My thoughts when writing the above poem:
As per Deuteronomy 28 there are blessings for obedience and curses for disobedience. No one has a lived a pure and perfect and sinless life as Jesus Christ has done. Depending on following the Law, we also get subject to its curses if we break it. This is where faith in Jesus comes in. For it gives you not only the courage to be really above all temptation and evil of the world, it also let’s you inherit the blessings he obtained for you which were promised to Abraham by God. No wonder it said in the Scriptures “The righteous shall live by faith”.