A real photo of a family at Guangzhou Airport, showing the fear prevalent in much of China today.
Always ask for God’s protection daily, O all you believe the Lord God. Don’t be ashamed to ask His help, in this world that is dying and fading away! That way you can rest easy, knowing that God is control!
Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation. Selah. Our God is a God of salvation; and to God, the Lord, belongs escape from death. (Psalm 68:19-20)
O believer in Christ, don’t take your daily routine lightly. You are a precious soul in the eyes of God. So ask for God’s protection daily, in faith. Don’t pray for the sake of pleasing people. Instead, remember to ask this in faith that you indeed receive Divine protection.
Ask for protection against economic hardships
Do not be off guard with economic hardships. Ask Jesus to save you from financial errors and the evil schemes of scammers and all evildoers who prey on other’s money for their sinister agenda. Ask for protection in your finances and even those of your friends and family. Pray that they are given the wisdom and protection to not fall into money traps, wittingly or unwittingly.
Do not be affected by a sudden sickness
Always desire to never fall prey to sudden sickness. You need to be in good health so that you can help yourself and others to do good things in life. No doubt, even if you are sick you can still do good, but wouldn’t it be better and more easier to help others when you are in better health? Imagine, if your preacher is supposed to preach during the church service, and bails out just one minute before the time to preach during the church service, citing he got a severe migraine. Would the rest of those in attendance have a happy feeling about that church service? Fortunately, a good preacher will always take care of one’s health and also pray to the Lord God who is the Divine Healer, so that one remains in good health all through.
Always pray to be free from sickness
Why just pray to avoid sudden sickness? One must always pray to be free from sickness. That way you will be having more time to do good works and use your time more effectively to do the Will of God. Besides, you can use that time to give thanks to the Lord your God for your health, especially when all around there are dangerous diseases.
You shall serve the Lord your God, and I will bless your bread and your water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of you.(Exodus 23:25)
Pray for your physical, mental, and spiritual safety
Have faith in God to protect your body, mind, soul, and spirit. And as a sign of this faith, actually, pray. Don’t take things for granted. I read the news and I have observed people who have achieved great riches or got children, suddenly die in a fatal car crash or drown during their usual seaside swimming routine. It’s a sad thing to know that these people have their families who are in sorrow, knowing that their dad’s, their mom’s, their sons, their daughters etc, are no longer with them in the land of the living. O how they are yearning to have them back or if they could turn back time to prevent them from dying? But we all know time and tide wait for no man. Therefore it’s my earnest please to all you who read this; pray for yourself and your loved one’s daily, and ask God to protect them in body, mind, soul and spirit!
Reflect on the below Bible verse from Psalm 103: 1-5 :-
Bless the Lord, O my soul;
and all that is within me, bless his holy name!
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
3 who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the Pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
5 who satisfies you with good as long as you live
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
Pray that you do not fall into temptation
And finally, pray that you don’t fall into temptation, and ask God to protect you while you are tempted. Some people naturally pray for protection in all areas of life, except for that of righteous living, though in fact, that is the most important. Your soul is more precious than all the money in the world.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? (Mark 8:36)
Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” (Matthew 26:41)
A Prayer Request from a Wuhan Pastor:
* Peace be upon you. At this time the virus has been at the center of our thoughts and lives. We are always watching the latest news, and thinking about how our family and the church should face this.
* As for my family, I have gathered masks and food and have ventured outside as little as possible. When venturing out in public I have worn a mask, but as for the rest, I place my life in the Lord’s hands.
* As for the church, we are all part of a great struggle. We are facing a severe test of our faith, and we feel that Christians in our city are not only called to suffer with the people, but we have been called to pray for those who are fearful, and to introduce them to the peace of Christ.
* Please pray for the peace of Christ to rule and reign in our hearts, so that we may be a witness to those who are without hope.
* Pray that through this hardship, God’s children will grow nearer to the Almighty, and that the Lord will use it to purify our souls and give us many opportunities to proclaim the gospel.
* Brothers and sisters, I encourage you to be strong in Christ’s love. Even a sparrow cannot fall to the ground apart from the will of the Father. With so many millions facing this pestilence, can it be outside God’s will? In all that we are experiencing, is it any worse than what Abraham faced in Sodom, and Jonah faced in Nineveh? If God withheld judgment on Sodom because of one righteous man, or because of 120,000 who didn’t know their left hand from their right, withheld destruction from Nineveh, what of the city of Wuhan where we live? We are part of many thousands of righteous believers who live in this city, made righteous by the Blood of Jesus Christ.
* Please pray for God’s mercy upon Wuhan, and ask Him to bring peace upon our city, province and all of China at this time.
* Please intercede, asking our wonderful Savior to bring peace and healing to those who are afflicted with the illness, to provide supernatural strength and protection for the medical personnel struggling on the front lines, and to bless every official at every level, who are working to help the people of Wuhan!
* Please do not be concerned with my welfare, nor be agitated or fearful, but pray in the Name of Jesus. Many people are courageously serving our city, especially the medical personnel who are risking their lives. If they can take on such worldly responsibilities, how can the Body of Christ not more readily take on spiritual responsibilities!
* Please ask the Lord to use this pestilence for His glory, so that when it is over, there will be many more souls born-again into the kingdom of God than have perished.
Some more helpful links about the Coronavirus and the Church in Hubei Province:
* See our stats and a map showing the Christian population of Hubei Province.
* This site tracks the latest figures showing the spread of the virus in China and around the world. It is updated many times each day. As you can see from the graph at the bottom right of the page, the virus appears far from having reached its peak, and the number of deaths is rapidly increasing daily.
* Read how churches in Hubei Province are meeting together online during this plague, and one pastor encourages us to realize this is a fierce spiritual battle in China, and not just a physical one.
God bless the people of Wuhan and China!
Coronavirus in China: the outbreak, measures, and impact (pharmaceutical-technology.com)
O Lord Jesus who rebuked the storm and the winds and then onwards there was calm, we appeal unto you to come to our rescue. Deliver us from all storms, heavy winds and floods. Protect us by sending your Holy Angels to guard us from all the plans of the Enemy. Save us O Lord God that we may praise in good health of mind, body and spirit, in the land of the living. We ask all this in the Holy Name of Jesus, the Son of the One True Living God. Amen.
Note: Credit for the YouTube video goes to www.hearingGod.tv ministries.
You are my King, O God; ordain salvation for Jacob! Through you we push down our foes; through your name we tread down those who rise up against us. For not in my bow do I trust, nor can my sword save me. But you have saved us from our foes and have put to shame those who hate us. (Psalm 44:4-7)
But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you. (Psalm 5:11)
Weapons can be used to protect yourself against evil doers. However be humble in the fact that for some people even their weapons didn’t protect them. This is not a call to throw away your right to self-defense but rather to trust in God for your protection. For earthly weapons only protect against earthly beings. In the spiritual realm where evil spirits and curses abound, where wicked spells are spoken you can’t fight them on your own. You need the protection of the Lord God. In moments of danger call upon the name of the Lord Jesus in faith. Ask him to send God’s angels to protect you from your foes both mortal and eternal. Trust in God at all times and take refuge in him.