O those who believe in Jesus Christ, do not live in despair nor live without hope, for Jesus is our good hope in this fallen world. Happy are those who trust in Jesus more than the things of this world.
Meditate on the following Bible verses against despair and you will be filled with hope you wait upon the Lord God. Here we go:
- We are experiencing trouble on every side, but are not crushed; we are perplexed, but not driven to despair; we are persecuted, but not abandoned; we are knocked down, but not destroyed, always carrying around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be made visible in our body. (2 Corinthians 4:8-9)
- He has rescued us from a terrible death, and he will rescue us in the future. We are confident that he will continue to rescue us. (2 Corinthians 1:10)
- Why are you in despair, my soul? Why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God, because I will praise him once again, since his presence saves me and he is my God. (Psalm 43:5)
- For you are my hope, Lord GOD, my security since I was young. I depended on you since birth, when you brought me from my mother’s womb; I praise you continuously. (Psalm 71:5-6)
- Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord. (Psalm 27:13-14)
- I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word. (Psalm 130:5)
- I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. (Psalm 40:1-2)
- Looking unto Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. (Hebrews 12:2-3)
- Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
- LORD, you know the hopes of the helpless. Surely you will hear their cries and comfort them. (Psalm 10:17)
- But my God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
- Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. (Matthew 10:29-31)
- The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way; though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the Lord upholds his hand. (Psalm 37:23-24)
- I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
- And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. (Colossians 3:15)
- For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. (Isaiah 41:13)
- The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom will I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom will I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)
- And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. (Philippians 1:6)
- The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalm 18:2)
- No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. (24. 1 Corinthians 10:13)
- So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. (Hebrews 10:35-36)
Youtube video courtesy of ronnieandmel.com
All creation since Adam’s fall has been groaning,
But man by himself couldn’t do the atoning.
Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten son,
Against sin, hell and death he has won.
Christ died on cross to save sinners,
That by believing in him they be winners.
Those who truly crucify the flesh,
Can live holy, free and afresh.
Jesus saves sinners both big and small,
If they confess their sin when they fall.
He forgives their sins if they repent,
From a sinful life which they have spent.
Know that terrible is the punishment for the unjust,
Hell and suffering eternal after turning to dust.
So call upon the Lord Jesus to be saved,
Lest you be unrepentant and enslaved.
O God of good hope, give me the grace and hope that I need. I desire, that in my thoughts, words and actions, I live the hope that comes from Jesus Christ. I believe that this hope won’t disappoint because it’s secured in your Holy Word and is guided by the Holy Spirit. Help me to remember your wisdom when faced with challenges to my faith. Cause me to resist the evil ways of the world, even more than before. Help me to preach the Gospel and so give hope to all those whom you send to me. Let my lamp never run dry nor my light be put out, so I always be a worthy believer of you O Lord. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
Of the things I know of the holy beings above,
Is the fact the God they serve is truly love.
These are things that I must say,
So that more people know the way.
Joy and peace there is in abundance,
And absolutely no spiritual redundance.
There is joy, hope and peace,
Without any trace of disease.
They suffer no hunger nor sadness nor thirst,
Because they’ve kept God their only and first.
They have not a worry nor a care,
No can harm them nor give them a dare.
But one thing on earth does their interest in truth provoke,
Which are the one’s who take Christ’s burden and yolk.
There is much rejoicing in heaven all about,
Over a sinner who has in repentance come out.
Those who believe in Christ and are facing situations that overwhelm them should turn to the Lord Jesus Christ. They should never resort to sinful pleasures to get a so called relief from pain of the heart and spirit. Why should one ruin one’s afterlife just to get some immoral pleasure? Obviously the answer is deception; self-deception for some and deception from the Evil One for others. Whichever be the reason, one thing is sure, that those who trust the Lord God must turn to him whenever their hearts are overwhelmed.
Once you call upon the Lord don’t stop at that. Rather listen to God. Hear him out in the Spirit and in the Holy Scriptures. Ask the Lord to guide you by his Spirit as you pay attention to his Word.
“Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food. Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live. (Isaiah 55: 1-3)
When people get into sorrow,
Some act like there’s no tomorrow.
These get it wrong and get into vice,
They act like sin pleasure will suffice.
They are wrong all abundant,
Sin makes one spiritually redundant.
Instead cry out to the Lord and be pure,
The grace of God will help you overcome and endure.
Bible verses to live by:
Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved. (Psalm 55:22)
Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For Thou hast been a shelter for me and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Thy tabernacle for ever; I will trust in the refuge of Thy wings. Selah. For Thou, O God, hast heard my vows; Thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear Thy name. (Psalm 61:1-5)
Before I get to the point, let’s give all praise and glory to our Lord Jesus Christ for every spiritual blessing that we have in him. Let’s thank God for sending Jesus for our salvation and freedom from sin and death. Now let’s ask the Holy Spirit to lead us in all truth and keep us free from all deception.
Nowadays its profoundly common to see a meme on various social media websites which basically shows someone, usually a baby, crying and the words on the picture say, “It’s Monday again!”. Good grief, what stupidity has this world come to? Instead of motivating each other to face life bravely, some weirdo comes up with a cry baby version of starting the working week and this stupidity goes viral! When was the last time wisdom went viral? Can’t recollect it, right? Because all this stupidity is made to look funny and in the name of fun people pass it on to others to get a vain laugh. The devil uses people’s dependence on foolish entertainment to make them more foolish. There are three truths one must hold on to when any such memes about Mondays come up.
Firstly, there is no need to be sad about Mondays. Many people never got up on Monday because they died on Sunday. Be happy that you are alive on Monday. Why are you even feeling sad? Some complain that one has to go back to work. Really, is that the best excuse? You are going to work because you in your free will chose to get that job. If you are not happy with that, please give that job to the many people, in fact thousands of people who are unemployed for months. Not just about work, we have the kids and youth who complain about going to school or college on Mondays. Maybe these people don’t appreciate the fact that many other youngsters in the world do NOT have access to education and put to slave labour in which they are not paid at all. Yes this actually happens in certain Third world nations. Why does one have to be stupidly unhappy about the fact that you can do so much good on a Monday? No one good reason to be sad about it.
Secondly, there is no need to encourage others to be sad about Mondays. You are called to give hope to others. Is this how a person of faith should make others feel bad instead of telling them how to go forward in life? Either one is faithless or is simply into the hands of the sinful world to say that Mondays are times be in despair just because you have to face life at work, school or college.
Thirdly, we must live a life with our hope in God instead of whining and complaining all the while. The one who hopes in God knows that one’s earthly existence is only temporary. There is a time to pass into eternity and live in heaven in the presence of God and his holy angels where one will lack no good thing and will always be happy. That is if one truly believes unto the Lord Jesus Christ for his or her salvation. Now one might wonder, what is to be done in one’s times on earth. I’d say don’t spend it complaining and whining. Spending your time exaggerating your problems is not going to help anyone. Instead of glorifying your problems, start using wisdom in tackling them. There are lots of principles in the Bible that you could put to use to face your challenges in life, instead of posting your worries on social media or messaging to earn sympathies from some and ridicule from the rest who don’t care. Pray often and give your worries to the Lord God who cares for you. Don’t handle it alone.
A few scripture verses along with some explaining that should help you help in this regard. Here we go:
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. (Proverbs 17:22) (Being depressed is going to make you feel weak but if you are joyful you will be much relaxed.)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. (Philippians 4:6) (You are encouraged to bring all your fears and anxieties in prayer to God.)
What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions. (James 4:1-3) (Impure passions causes quarrels and fights with others. Prayers said with impure motives are not acceptable to God. So pray with pure motives instead.)
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10) (In Christ Jesus, you have a lot of good works to do. Be grateful to God for that and keep doing those good things.)
Don’t lose hope for the Lord God is with you. He won’t sleep nor slumber for he always watches over those whom he loves. Like a mother he will caress you. Like a father he will embrace you. His mercy has no beginning and has no end. Hold on to his Word in times of troubles and pain. He keeps track of your tears. Jesus the Son of God has suffered like a human and even worse for you. So he is well acquainted with your sorrows and grief. Don’t bear your sadness alone. Cast your burden unto Jesus for he cares for you. Give away your pain to Jesus and he will turn your sorrow into joy. God did not send his Son to condemn the world but to save it. Happy are those who forsake their sins and turn to the Son of God. God will abundantly pardon and restore you. For in Christ there’s true forgiveness and true hope. Fear not your evil works when you come back to the heart of Christ. Because by the shedding of his blood on the cross the demands of the law against you have been met. May the Holy Spirit remind you of the words of Christ just like he did for the Apostles. Remember that in Christ your hope is from this life to the next forever. God gives you hope that is pure and will prevail against everything. Set your face towards the Savior of the world and seek his favor. Praise be to God forever. Amen.