Surely none who wait for You will be put to shame; but those who are faithless without cause will be disgraced. (Psalm 25:3)
I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. (Psalm 27:13-14)
Wait for the LORD and keep His way, and He will raise you up to inherit the land. When the wicked are cut off, you will see it. (Psalm 37:34)
I waited patiently for the LORD; He inclined to me and heard my cry. (Psalm 40:1)
Rest in God alone, O my soul, for my hope comes from Him. (Psalm 62:5)
I wait for the LORD; my soul does wait, and in His word I put my hope. (Psalm 130:5)
Do not say, “I will avenge this evil!” Wait on the LORD, and He will deliver you. (Proverbs 20:22)
And in that day it will be said, “Surely this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He has saved us. This is the LORD for whom we have waited. Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation.” (Isaiah 25:9)
For the vision awaits an appointed time; it testifies of the end, and will not lie. Though it lingers, wait for it, since it will surely come and not delay. (Habakkuk 2:3)
14 Bible verses about God’s mercy towards us :-
- “The Lord, the Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth, keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin …” (Exodus 34:6-7)
- “Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments …” (Deuteronomy 7:9)
- “With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful …” (2 Samuel 22:26)
- “All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth, to such as keep His covenant and His testimonies.” (Psalm 25:10)
- “But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.” (Psalm 86:15)
- “Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; mercy and truth go before Your face.” (Psalm 89:14)
- “The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy. The Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works.” (Psalm 145:8-9)
- “Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3:22-23)
- “Who is a God like You, pardoning iniquity and passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, because He delights in mercy. He will again have compassion on us, and will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.” (Micah 7:18-19)
- “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)
- “But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved) …” (Ephesians 2:4-5)
- “And Jesus, when He came out, saw a great multitude and was moved with compassion for them, because they were like sheep not having a shepherd. So He began to teach them many things.” (Mark 6:34)
- “Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.” (Hebrews 2:17-18)
- “Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” (Hebrews 4:14-16)
All creation since Adam’s fall has been groaning,
But man by himself couldn’t do the atoning.
Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten son,
Against sin, hell and death he has won.
Christ died on cross to save sinners,
That by believing in him they be winners.
Those who truly crucify the flesh,
Can live holy, free and afresh.
Jesus saves sinners both big and small,
If they confess their sin when they fall.
He forgives their sins if they repent,
From a sinful life which they have spent.
Know that terrible is the punishment for the unjust,
Hell and suffering eternal after turning to dust.
So call upon the Lord Jesus to be saved,
Lest you be unrepentant and enslaved.
- Matthew 22:14 – For many are called, but few are chosen.
- Matthew 24:24 – For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.
- 2 Peter 1:10 – Therefore, brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you practice these things you will never stumble.
- Revelation 17:14 – They will make war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will triumph over them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and He will be accompanied by His called and chosen and faithful ones.”
The Bible is very clear about one’s attitude when one’s a rich person. Whether you inherited your wealth or got by your hard work and intellect there are no exceptions. Please refer to the below verses to understand what the Bible speaks about this:
- Put no trust in extortion; set no vain hopes on robbery; if riches increase, set not your heart on them. (Psalm 62:10)
- Whoever trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will flourish like a green leaf. (Proverbs 11:28)
- Do not toil to acquire wealth; be discerning enough to desist. When your eyes light on it, it is gone, for suddenly it sprouts wings,
flying like an eagle toward heaven. (Proverbs 23:4-5)
- As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. (1 Timothy 6:17)
Let me make it clear, there is nothing wrong with being rich. However becoming rich by means of corrupt activities is a sin. Never rob nor extort anyone to increase your wealth, for you will need to answer for all such actions on Judgement Day. By the way some people do get a preview of Judgement Day when they land up in prison for financial crimes. I hope they repent and do not do it again, lest they get a higher punishment both on Earth and in the afterlife.
Some people put too much importance of acquiring money. Money can get you a quiet house but cannot buy you a peaceful home. They think their children will understand if they ignore them in the pursuit of money. They think their spouse and relations will not bother if they too are ignored as they neglect them to gain wealth. And then when the spouse files for divorce, they start running after the preachers. Not so much because they love their spouse but rather to avoid the divorce solely to avoid paying alimony or a costly separation deal. They start seeking counselors against their children and relatives who they feel are after getting their share of money. Yes, such people do exist!
Perhaps friends and family will ignore such clamoring for wealth by their money hungry man or woman. However there are many ways by which people do lose wealth. An earthquake, a forest fire or a war can destroy property and resources at a very fast rate. At times even the insurance companies refuse pay out in cases using whatever legal loopholes they can. And imagine then how people get so upset to see their effort all go to waste when such things happens.
So use money but don’t let your money use you. Don’t let your money play tricks on your mind and soul that you become haughty towards your servants, colleagues, friends and family and earn their curses in return for your vile words and deeds towards them. It is therefore foolish, to make fun of those who are poor and even those who are little less rich than yourself. Because if you lose your wealth, you can fall to their level or even below. Where is the honour in loving money, then? Not one bit!
It’s better that you put your hope in God who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. You don’t have to pay for the spring nor the rains and yet God sends them freely for you to enjoy. He even gives you free air while industries are happy to charge you for anything they can put trademarks on!
Moreover, God gives you his salvation through Jesus Christ without any charge. This salvation is priceless indeed. You don’t have to earn nor can you actually earn it. Therefore, be humble and grateful to God.
In prosperity, give thanks to God with humility and fear lest by pride you abuse God’s benefits and so offend him (King St. Louis of France)
23 And some one said to him, “Lord, will those who are saved be few?” And he said to them, 24 “Strive to enter by the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25 When once the householder has risen up and shut the door, you will begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, open to us.’ He will answer you, ‘I do not know where you come from.’ 26 Then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our streets.’ 27 But he will say, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you come from; depart from me, all you workers of iniquity!’ 28 There you will weep and gnash your teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God and you yourselves thrust out. 29 And men will come from east and west, and from north and south, and sit at table in the kingdom of God. 30 And behold, some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last.” (Luke 13:23-30)
God allotted to mankind times and seasons,
And for that he had good reasons.
Because Adam and Eve’s sin had forth death,
Which had to be overcome by a man from Nazareth.
God’s own son who is true God and true man,
Was to be born of Mary as part of his great plan.
The Prince of heaven and every star,
Was sought by the Wise men from afar.
God gave the world his only begotten Son,
That over sin and death victory be won.
The day was set for him on earth to manifest,
So that those who yearn for redemption find their rest.
God caused this day to be just right,
And born was the Saviour – heaven’s delight.
He grew up to fulfill his purpose and the Law,
Never could in him be found any sinful flaw.
God made this day greater than the day of Adam’s creation,
To make available to Abraham’s descendants and Gentiles his salvation.
So remember this day never for worldly festivities,
Instead worship Christ and do good activities.
I thank you O Lord God, for sending your only begotten son Jesus Christ, to save me. Thank you for his earthly ministry and heavenly intercession. Thank you for each blessing, we have received through him. I’m grateful to Jesus, for being obedient unto death because he wanted to free me from sin and the grave. Thanks be to the Holy Spirit, for leading me into the things of the Kingdom of God. I pray that you open my spiritual eyes, to be more aware of all the good things you have done, so I give you even more praise. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
O Lord God, bless me with salvation and mercy. Forgive me for all my sins and make me pure. I accept the salvation, which comes from your Son Jesus Christ’s death and resurrection. Give me the grace, to never neglect my salvation, but work it out with fear and trembling, as per your Holy Word. I say with all my heart that, blessed is Jesus Christ who comes in the name of the Lord. Save me from all deception and all deceivers that come to tempt me to be faithless about my salvation. Give me the grace to resist all that doesn’t help with my salvation. I ask this in the name of Jesus the Saviour of the World. Amen.
O God of good hope, give me the grace and hope that I need. I desire, that in my thoughts, words and actions, I live the hope that comes from Jesus Christ. I believe that this hope won’t disappoint because it’s secured in your Holy Word and is guided by the Holy Spirit. Help me to remember your wisdom when faced with challenges to my faith. Cause me to resist the evil ways of the world, even more than before. Help me to preach the Gospel and so give hope to all those whom you send to me. Let my lamp never run dry nor my light be put out, so I always be a worthy believer of you O Lord. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen