You need to think in your walk with Jesus Christ if you are truly following him as you should. Its not that the world is trying to seduce you into wrong doing but rather are you choosing each day to carry your cross!
Those who are athletes, find it useful to examine their actions before the next big tournaments begins. They don’t find it depressing to correct their wrong landings and shaky movements. Because they know if they fix it up before the real test, the they are more suited to win and be crowned the champions. Your walk with Christ is no different! You got to check on your Bible if you are really thinking and doing things that are consistent with being a true follower of Jesus. You can then repent of any faults or sin and train to walk more strongly in the Lord God. The Holy Spirit will lead you in all truth, all you need to do is just ask him with sincerity!
Verses for reflection:
- Let us test and examine our ways, and return to the LORD! (Lamentations 3:40)
- I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified. (1 Corinthians 9:27)
- Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test! (2 Corinthians 13:5)
- One who is righteous is a guide to his neighbor, but the way of the wicked leads them astray. (Proverbs 12:26)
- A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. (Proverbs 18:24)
- Many a man proclaims his own steadfast love, but a faithful man who can find? (Proverbs 20:6)
- Oil and perfume make the heart glad, and the sweetness of a friend comes from his earnest counsel. (Proverbs 27:9)
- Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.” Wake up from your drunken stupor, as is right, and do not go on sinning. For some have no knowledge of God. I say this to your shame. (1 Corinthians 15:33-34)
A man of too many friends comes to ruin, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.(Proverbs 18:24)
He that walketh with wise men becometh wise; but a companion of the foolish will be depraved.(Proverbs 13:20)
Make no friendship with an angry man, and go not with a furious man; lest thou learn his paths, and get a snare to thy soul. (Proverbs 22:24-25)