When the Lord speaks through a person, what they say will be backed up by scripture. But also, when the enemy speaks, he will use misapplied scripture to defend his poison. How will you distinguish? If you’re relying on your intellectual knowledge of scripture to distinguish, be careful, you’re up against the one “more crafty than the rest.” The truth is that you must know the voice of the Lord. If you don’t, you’ll believe the misapplied scripture of the enemy’s agent before you believe the Lord’s servant!
🔘Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us (Hebrews 12:1)
🔘The night is far gone; the day is at hand. So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light (Romans 13:12)
🔘Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. (1 Corinthians 9:24)
🔘So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. (1 Corinthians 9:26)
- But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare. For thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: Do not let your prophets and your diviners who are among you deceive you, and do not listen to the dreams that they dream, for it is a lie that they are prophesying to you in my name; I did not send them, declares the Lord. (Jeremiah 29: 7-9)
- And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. (Matthew 24:4-5,24-25)
- Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. (Ephesians 5:1-6)
- See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. (Colossians 2:8)
- Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 )
Read the Gospel and it believe,
Lest the Devil does deceive.
Read the Gospel prayerfully,
That you serve God cheerfully.
Read the Gospel with relish,
Don’t be like those who perish.
Read the Gospel to get wise,
That things infernal you despise.
Read the Gospel to grow,
And all foolishness to throw.
Read the Gospel to abide,
And in God’s will reside.
Read the Gospel to act,
That you do right in fact.
Read the Gospel to meditate,
That you in truth Christ imitate.
Hold on to the Lord in good times and bad,
seek him whether you’re happy or sad.
Hold the hand of Jesus all life long,
sing unto him a new song.
When in danger grasp God’s hand,
with him you can take a bold stand.
When faced with condemnation and oppression,
remember Jesus the high priest of our confession.
Hold on to the Lord from breath to breath,
be faithful in life and in death.
Hold on to God’s word with all your might,
for it gives you the Gospel and light.