This parable is as true today as it was when Jesus walked the earth. (Luke 14: 16-24)
Jesus replied: “A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests. At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, ‘Come, for everything is now ready.‘ “But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, ‘I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.‘ “Another said, ‘I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I’m on my way to try them out. Please excuse me.’ “Still another said, ‘I just got married, so I can’t come.’ “The servant came back and reported this to his master. Then the owner of the house became angry and ordered his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.‘ ” ‘Sir,’ the servant said, ‘what you ordered has been done, but there is still room.‘ “Then the master told his servant, ‘Go out to the roads and country lanes and make them come in, so that my house will be full. I tell you, not one of those men who were invited will get a taste of my banquet.’ ”
Much of the Church is tied down to the cares and riches of this world, making them unready for the Lord’s return. Make no mistake, the Lord is coming back for a bride without Spot or Wrinkle, not for a bride caught up in sin, those people will not make it. [raptureprophecy.com]
- Then they said to him, “What must we do, to be doing the works of God?” Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.” (John 6:28-29)
- You who boast in the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law? As it is written: “God’s name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you.” (Romans 2: 23-24)
- But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified (1 Corinthians 9:27)
- Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test! I hope you will find out that we have not failed the test. But we pray to God that you may not do wrong—not that we may appear to have met the test, but that you may do what is right, though we may seem to have failed. (2 Corinthians 13:5-7)
- Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent. (Revelation 2:5)
Each moment of your own life story,
Use your time for God’s glory.
For God created times and seasons,
Never for futile but wise reasons.
Invest your time in the Scriptures and prayer,
And unto Christ case each worry and care.
For the world and its lusts are passing away,
But God’s will doers have eternal life to stay.
Be alert in these days of deception,
As faithfulness to God’s law has no exception.
Do good, think pure and worship God wholly,
Refrain from sin, unkindness and things unholy.
It is the glory of God not honored.
The holiness of God not reverenced.
The greatness of God not admired.
The power of God not praised.
The truth of God not sought.
The wisdom of God not esteemed.
The beauty of God not treasured.
The goodness of God not savored.
The faithfulness of God not trusted.
The commandments of God not obeyed.
The justice of God not respected.
The wrath of God not feared.
The grace of God not cherished.
The presence of God not prized.
The person of God not loved.
That is sin.
⭕Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves molten gods; I am the LORD your God. (Leviticus 19:4)
⭕Therefore, my beloved, shun the worship of idols. (1 Corinthians 10:14)
⭕Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: fornication, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. (Colossians 3:5)
23 And some one said to him, “Lord, will those who are saved be few?” And he said to them, 24 “Strive to enter by the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25 When once the householder has risen up and shut the door, you will begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, open to us.’ He will answer you, ‘I do not know where you come from.’ 26 Then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our streets.’ 27 But he will say, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you come from; depart from me, all you workers of iniquity!’ 28 There you will weep and gnash your teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God and you yourselves thrust out. 29 And men will come from east and west, and from north and south, and sit at table in the kingdom of God. 30 And behold, some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last.” (Luke 13:23-30)
O Lord God, help me to grow in perseverance, for the sake of your Holy Name. Don’t let me get overwhelmed, even if all around me people fall away into death, or in sin. Help me know and realize, that my main goal in life is to live and abide in your Holy Word each day. Strengthen me by your Holy Spirit, to keep in mind all the things you have called me out to do. Cause me to to always love and cherish following your Son Jesus Christ, no matter what the world says and does. Grant me the endurance to seek first the Kingdom of God and I know that then you will grant all the things that I need. I ask this earnestly, in the name of Jesus. Amen.