There are people who seek good advice. But then there are people who instead use bad counsel. One must totally avoid all usage of bad counsel because its evil.
What is bad counsel?
Bad counsel includes all the things, all the thoughts and all the philosophies that are based on falsehood, greed, immorality, hate and deception. There are the very things that go against the counsel of the Holy Spirit of God.
For example; listening to thieves and then stealing from others is following bad counsel. Reading books that teach you to use deceptive methods to get money illegally is acting on bad counsel.
For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, indeed it cannot; and those who are in the flesh cannot please God. (Romans 8:5-8)
What makes bad counsel so evil?
Bad counsel is against the will of God
Following the counsel which involves sin and darkness, is completely against the will of God. Do note that the Lord God won’t bless anyone who walks in the counsel of the wicked.
Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers (Psalm 1:1)
Bad counsel leads to eternal damnation
There are some who follow bad counsel who speak about the short team benefits they get, such as cheap fame and quick money. However what they totally miss out is that the counsel of the wicked leads to eternal damnation.
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever. (1 John 2:15-17)
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death (Revelation 21:8)
Bad counsel may even lead to punishment on earth
Some people think they can wait until the end of their lives, and then face the consequences. The truth is, following bad counsel may even lead to punishment when one is still alive. And this punishment can be painful too.
For example; If caught stealing from a house, many a times the people of the household and the neighbors are known to beat up the thief mercilessly. And if the police arrive, then won’t charge those people with anything but instead arrest the thief.
People do not despise a thief if he steals to satisfy his appetite when he is hungry, but if he is caught, he will pay sevenfold; he will give all the goods of his house. (Proverbs 6:30-31)
If a man steals an ox or a sheep, and kills it or sells it, he shall repay five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep. If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be no bloodguilt for him (Exodus 22:1-2)
Follow only good counsel because that is will of God for you. That way you won’t be liable for eternal damnation nor fear any punishment on earth for your bad actions.
Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.” (1 Corinthians 15:33)
But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. (James 3:17)
Surely none who wait for You will be put to shame; but those who are faithless without cause will be disgraced. (Psalm 25:3)
I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. (Psalm 27:13-14)
Wait for the LORD and keep His way, and He will raise you up to inherit the land. When the wicked are cut off, you will see it. (Psalm 37:34)
I waited patiently for the LORD; He inclined to me and heard my cry. (Psalm 40:1)
Rest in God alone, O my soul, for my hope comes from Him. (Psalm 62:5)
I wait for the LORD; my soul does wait, and in His word I put my hope. (Psalm 130:5)
Do not say, “I will avenge this evil!” Wait on the LORD, and He will deliver you. (Proverbs 20:22)
And in that day it will be said, “Surely this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He has saved us. This is the LORD for whom we have waited. Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation.” (Isaiah 25:9)
For the vision awaits an appointed time; it testifies of the end, and will not lie. Though it lingers, wait for it, since it will surely come and not delay. (Habakkuk 2:3)
Will you intercede for a world that’s dying?
In which there is sin, hate, and lying.
If you wish to do God’s will,
Then in your life intercession you fill.
Pray for the poor, pray for the rich,
That they don’t end up in Hell’s ditch.
Pray for the healthy, pray for the sick,
That they don’t fall for any evil trick.
Intercede unto Christ Our Lord and Saviour,
And be holy, sinless with good behaviour.
Don’t faint nor your sorrow lengthen,
But by the Holy Spirit yourself strengthen.
Pray for miracles more and plenty,
That they’d be hundredfold not twenty.
Pray for those who yearn for salvation,
That they believe the Gospel with joyful acclamation.
Hear God’s Word and to Him be grateful,
And cast out in Christ’s name all things hateful.
So make you petitions in full faith,
And in hope for deliverance wait.
I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. (1 Timothy 2:1)
In the age of deception and chaos, please take time to pray and meditate on these Bible verses for protection from evildoers which I have listed below from the Psalms. Pray without any doubt nor guile and see the difference:
Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings, from the wicked who do me violence, my deadly enemies who surround me. (Psalm 17:8-9)
Deliver me from my enemies, O my God; protect me from those who rise up against me; deliver me from those who work evil, and save me from bloodthirsty men. (Psalm 59:1-2)
But you, O Lord, laugh at them; you hold all the nations in derision. O my Strength, I will watch for you, for you, O God, are my fortress.
My God in his steadfast love[c] will meet me; God will let me look in triumph on my enemies. (Psalm 59:8-10)
Hear my voice, O God, in my complaint; preserve my life from dread of the enemy. Hide me from the secret plots of the wicked, from the throng of evildoers, who whet their tongues like swords, who aim bitter words like arrows, shooting from ambush at the blameless, shooting at him suddenly and without fear. (Psalm 64:2-3)
Answer me quickly, O Lord! My spirit fails! Hide not your face from me, lest I be like those who go down to the pit. Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Deliver me from my enemies, O Lord! I have fled to you for refuge. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God! Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground! (Psalm 134:7-10)
For your name’s sake, O Lord, preserve my life! In your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble! And in your steadfast love you will cut off my enemies, and you will destroy all the adversaries of my soul, for I am your servant. (Psalm 134:11-12)
Whenever faced with anxiety remember you have the Lord God who can help you cope up and overcome anxiety. What you need to do is simply read the Bible verses for anxiety and cast your worries unto Jesus because he cares for you. Please do read it with your heart and not just your mind. You can read it aloud either in your mind or vocally but make sure that you believe each verse about dealing with anxiety.
I do hope you read the below verses for anxiety and overcome it all by the word of your testimony in Jesus. And may the Holy Spirit be with you in this great step you take towards no longer being down with anxiety. Here are the verses:
- There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. (1 John 4:18)
- But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.” (1 Peter 3:14)
- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid but gives us power, love, and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- Say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you.” (Isaiah 35:4)
- But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31)
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
- “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.” (John 14:1)
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
- Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. (Luke 12:22 )
- I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:4)
- When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. (Psalm 94:19)
- The LORD will vindicate me; your love, LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands. (Psalm 138:8)
- For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- “But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” (Jeremiah 17:7-8)
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)
Rain your blessings on us O Lord,
Protect me from the darkness and sword.
Be my strength and my shield,
From infirmity let me be healed.
Rain your mercy on me O Jesus Christ,
For us you’ve yourself sacrificed.
Be my hope and my redeemer,
And save me from the deceiver.
Rain your mercy on me O Spirit of God,
Give me favour both at home and abroad.
Be my comforter and my guide,
And cause me in the Gospel to abide.
To God’s Divine and Holy Word your heart you fully apply,
And pray that God’s Spirit is poured on you from on high.
Be transformed by the renewing of your mind,
Unto God’s will leave no effort behind.
By the Holy Spirit bear fruits that are good,
That you be peaceful and without falsehood.
When you believe the Lord is your defense,
Then in your soul be without pretense.
Don’t fear demons nor any man,
When you have faith in God’s plan.
Dare to be holy in a world that’s profane,
That by God’s Spirit in life you reign.
The true joy of Christmas is not about eating nice food. Nor is it about having family around yourself to celebrate. It’s neither wearing fine clothes nor hearing carols being sung around the corner. All of these are good in themselves, in moderation of course, but they do not make up the true joy of Christmas. Never even be part of the ignoble Black Friday sale before Christmas time, there is nothing Christlike in it. Because you can still have all of them but lose the joy in pursuit of worldly festivities, in trying to imitate the world’s ways and the world’s vain pleasures.
But heart of hearts, the true joy of Christmas is in being grateful for God’s gift to the world; the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We didn’t deserve him then nor do we deserve him now, because its only the grace of God even till now. And whatever Jesus asks of us we only do it in loving obedience to the will of God.
I appreciate each one taking time to meditate and celebrate the gift of the Savior Jesus to this fallen world we live in. And since we have received this most solemn faith by the Spirit of God, let’s continue to celebrate Jesus not just on Christmas but each day we live.
To sum it all up; you can only find the true of joy of Christmas in being grateful and obedient to Jesus Christ every time and everyday!
- Jesus Christ Immanuel God is with us (disciplesofhope.wordpress.com)
- What is the meaning of the Incarnation of Christ? (altruistico.wordpress.com)
- Rest In All Thy Goings !!!!!! (levithetford.com)
- A reminder of God’s love for those who believe in Christ (disciplesofhope.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Christ Immanuel God is with us (disciplesofhope.wordpress.com)
- Don’t harm others on Black Friday (disciplesofhope.wordpress.com)
- 25 tips to prepare spiritually for Christmas (disciplesofhope.wordpress.com)
If you profess your faith in Christ Jesus then don’t put your faith in any other person nor thing for blessings. By the Holy Spirit expect your prayers to be heard by God the Father in heaven with Jesus interceding at God’s right hand.
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. (Ephesians 4:30)
Ask God clarity when making decisions,
Don’t go solely by dreams or visions.
For it is wise to review your decisions,
Lest you get struck by collisions.
Ask God by the Scriptures and by prayers,
And cast unto the Lord your worries and cares.
Don’t make any decisions due to fear or rage,
But God’s counsel in them engage.
Ask God by his Spirit holy and pure,
So that till the very end you endure.
Don’t follow the crowd and its choices,
Lest you fall pray to insidious voices.
Ask God to warn you and guide,
So in that safety you abide.
That you don’t run into extremes,
But be aware against Satan’s schemes.