O those who believe in Jesus Christ, do not live in despair nor live without hope, for Jesus is our good hope in this fallen world. Happy are those who trust in Jesus more than the things of this world.
Meditate on the following Bible verses against despair and you will be filled with hope you wait upon the Lord God. Here we go:
- We are experiencing trouble on every side, but are not crushed; we are perplexed, but not driven to despair; we are persecuted, but not abandoned; we are knocked down, but not destroyed, always carrying around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be made visible in our body. (2 Corinthians 4:8-9)
- He has rescued us from a terrible death, and he will rescue us in the future. We are confident that he will continue to rescue us. (2 Corinthians 1:10)
- Why are you in despair, my soul? Why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God, because I will praise him once again, since his presence saves me and he is my God. (Psalm 43:5)
- For you are my hope, Lord GOD, my security since I was young. I depended on you since birth, when you brought me from my mother’s womb; I praise you continuously. (Psalm 71:5-6)
- Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord. (Psalm 27:13-14)
- I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word. (Psalm 130:5)
- I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. (Psalm 40:1-2)
- Looking unto Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. (Hebrews 12:2-3)
- Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
- LORD, you know the hopes of the helpless. Surely you will hear their cries and comfort them. (Psalm 10:17)
- But my God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
- Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. (Matthew 10:29-31)
- The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way; though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the Lord upholds his hand. (Psalm 37:23-24)
- I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
- And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. (Colossians 3:15)
- For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. (Isaiah 41:13)
- The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom will I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom will I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)
- And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. (Philippians 1:6)
- The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalm 18:2)
- No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. (24. 1 Corinthians 10:13)
- So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. (Hebrews 10:35-36)
Pray for your miracle in faith,
Be sincere early and not too late.
Pray for your miracle in hope,
And against all doubts to cope.
Pray for your miracle with gratitude,
Be for this in a humble attitude.
Pray for your miracle with passion,
And don’t act in a worldly fashion.
Pray for your miracle by God’s Son,
Be sure in Jesus that you have won.
Pray for your miracle by the Spirit of God,
And in courage and victory you trod.
O God of good hope, give me the grace and hope that I need. I desire, that in my thoughts, words and actions, I live the hope that comes from Jesus Christ. I believe that this hope won’t disappoint because it’s secured in your Holy Word and is guided by the Holy Spirit. Help me to remember your wisdom when faced with challenges to my faith. Cause me to resist the evil ways of the world, even more than before. Help me to preach the Gospel and so give hope to all those whom you send to me. Let my lamp never run dry nor my light be put out, so I always be a worthy believer of you O Lord. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
Come, and see the victories of the cross!
Christ’s wounds — are your healings,
His agonies — are your repose,
His conflicts — are your conquests,
His groans — are your songs,
His pains — are your ease,
His shame — is your glory,
His death — is your life, and
His sufferings — are your salvation!
– Matthew Henry
Seek the Lord every season,
Let wisdom be your reason.
Seasons come and go away,
It’s faith that is here to stay.
Seek the Lord in joy and peace,
Let your love for Him not cease.
Christ Jesus on earth did arrive,
He rose from the dead all alive.
Seek the Lord when the season ends,
Let those who believe be God’s friends.
The Holy Spirit will remind you of him,
And give you true joy to the brim.
Seek the Lord when seasons renew,
Let your praises for him be never few.
All in all love the Father who is great,
For he did truly the whole world create.
Hope came in a basket,
Moses if you ask it.
Born a child to liberate,
God’s plan to operate.
Escaped from a death so cruel,
By the Lord’s grace, no duel.
Raised by Pharaoh’s daughter kind,
Grown up with a princely mind.
A vile Egyptian oppressor he smote,
Of which two Hebrews took note.
Avenging his brethren cost him exile,
He had to flee from the land of the Nile.
With no regard for idols of obsidian,
Moses dwelt in the land of Midian.
His divine calling at Horeb needed a push,
God spoke to him within a burning bush.
The Lord all merciful heard each cry,
Of Israel when their hope went dry.
Sent he Moses to lead them all,
Egypt’s king’s pride to fall.
Spoke Moses freedom for Israel’s sake,
From Pharaoh’s ruthless grasp to take.
God worked miracles through him a plenty,
He only needed ten plagues not twenty.
Striking fear and warnings to the impudent,
Moses with Aaron blessed by the Lord proved prudent.
Eventually Jacob’s children were set free,
One day to have milk and honey under their own tree.