O those who believe in Jesus Christ, do not live in despair nor live without hope, for Jesus is our good hope in this fallen world. Happy are those who trust in Jesus more than the things of this world.
Meditate on the following Bible verses against despair and you will be filled with hope you wait upon the Lord God. Here we go:
- We are experiencing trouble on every side, but are not crushed; we are perplexed, but not driven to despair; we are persecuted, but not abandoned; we are knocked down, but not destroyed, always carrying around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be made visible in our body. (2 Corinthians 4:8-9)
- He has rescued us from a terrible death, and he will rescue us in the future. We are confident that he will continue to rescue us. (2 Corinthians 1:10)
- Why are you in despair, my soul? Why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God, because I will praise him once again, since his presence saves me and he is my God. (Psalm 43:5)
- For you are my hope, Lord GOD, my security since I was young. I depended on you since birth, when you brought me from my mother’s womb; I praise you continuously. (Psalm 71:5-6)
- Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord. (Psalm 27:13-14)
- I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word. (Psalm 130:5)
- I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. (Psalm 40:1-2)
- Looking unto Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. (Hebrews 12:2-3)
- Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
- LORD, you know the hopes of the helpless. Surely you will hear their cries and comfort them. (Psalm 10:17)
- But my God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
- Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. (Matthew 10:29-31)
- The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way; though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the Lord upholds his hand. (Psalm 37:23-24)
- I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
- And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. (Colossians 3:15)
- For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. (Isaiah 41:13)
- The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom will I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom will I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)
- And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. (Philippians 1:6)
- The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalm 18:2)
- No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. (24. 1 Corinthians 10:13)
- So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. (Hebrews 10:35-36)
Youtube video courtesy of ronnieandmel.com
The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. (Psalms 34:10)
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (Matthew 6:33)
And God [is] able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all [things], may abound to every good work: (2 Corinthians 9:8 )
For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly. (Psalms 84:11)
The more you give your time to God in prayer the more you give God the time to bless you. Some pray with full faith for a good amount of time and see the reward the Lord God has handed them in the land of the living! While some do bear fruit but it’s little because though they had the faith they were due to some reason or the other were unable to pray long enough.
It’s easy to get a lot of time to pray to Jesus when you have a loved one in the hospital or when you desperately need to get out of debt. Somehow TV and other forms of entertainment are no longer that important in those days. O how the believer can reach the peak of concentration in his or her plea unto the Lord! And how great indeed is the breakthrough from the heavens!
However once the Lord has delivered you it doesn’t mean you only say token amount of prayers so that your family and your friends call you a man or woman of faith. Rather it’s getting a habit of being prayerful everyday.
The real deal is to be praying faithfully everyday without desiring to shorten your prayer time for vain and foolish ungodly pursuits!
Fear not for the Lord is risen,
Move out of any doubt filled prison.
Remember his Holy Word, remember his miracles,
And also his resurrection prophesied by God’s oracles.
Fear not for the Lord is risen,
Walk in faith in the Great Commission.
Jesus Christ is the Lord’s name,
By his grace the Gospel you proclaim.
Fear not for God has defeated death,
When to his son Jesus he again gave breath.
Those who believe will share in the first resurrection,
And get to walk in the new Jerusalem; all perfection.
Fear not any trouble nor any persecution,
For in Christ you have victory and absolution.
Stay away from sin, idleness and unbelief,
Guard you faith from each deceptive thief.
Fear not for your reward is great,
As for the Lord your heart does elate.
Hold on to the hope of Christ’s resurrection,
And stay put in your walk in God’s direction.
Pray for your miracle in faith,
Be sincere early and not too late.
Pray for your miracle in hope,
And against all doubts to cope.
Pray for your miracle with gratitude,
Be for this in a humble attitude.
Pray for your miracle with passion,
And don’t act in a worldly fashion.
Pray for your miracle by God’s Son,
Be sure in Jesus that you have won.
Pray for your miracle by the Spirit of God,
And in courage and victory you trod.
Look around the world, and see how failure is written on all of people’s schemes. Count up the partings, separations, disappointments, and bereavements which have happened under your own knowledge.Think what a privilege it is that there is One at least who never fails, and in whom no one was ever disappointed! Never, never was there so unfailing a friend as Jesus Christ!~ J.C. Ryle
O God of good hope, give me the grace and hope that I need. I desire, that in my thoughts, words and actions, I live the hope that comes from Jesus Christ. I believe that this hope won’t disappoint because it’s secured in your Holy Word and is guided by the Holy Spirit. Help me to remember your wisdom when faced with challenges to my faith. Cause me to resist the evil ways of the world, even more than before. Help me to preach the Gospel and so give hope to all those whom you send to me. Let my lamp never run dry nor my light be put out, so I always be a worthy believer of you O Lord. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
Those who believe in Christ and are facing situations that overwhelm them should turn to the Lord Jesus Christ. They should never resort to sinful pleasures to get a so called relief from pain of the heart and spirit. Why should one ruin one’s afterlife just to get some immoral pleasure? Obviously the answer is deception; self-deception for some and deception from the Evil One for others. Whichever be the reason, one thing is sure, that those who trust the Lord God must turn to him whenever their hearts are overwhelmed.
Once you call upon the Lord don’t stop at that. Rather listen to God. Hear him out in the Spirit and in the Holy Scriptures. Ask the Lord to guide you by his Spirit as you pay attention to his Word.
“Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food. Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live. (Isaiah 55: 1-3)
When people get into sorrow,
Some act like there’s no tomorrow.
These get it wrong and get into vice,
They act like sin pleasure will suffice.
They are wrong all abundant,
Sin makes one spiritually redundant.
Instead cry out to the Lord and be pure,
The grace of God will help you overcome and endure.
Bible verses to live by:
Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved. (Psalm 55:22)
Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For Thou hast been a shelter for me and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Thy tabernacle for ever; I will trust in the refuge of Thy wings. Selah. For Thou, O God, hast heard my vows; Thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear Thy name. (Psalm 61:1-5)