O Lord Jesus Christ, by you God has created the world and all that’s in it. You are the Lord over the winds and the lands and the seas. Nothing is too difficult for you. In your loving mercy save me and my family from the cold wave. Please remember my friends and colleagues as well when you send warmth back in our lives. I also intercede for my state and nation, so that the people who live here are rescued from the extreme cold. Cause the cold winds to subside and pleasant weather to come once again. Send forth your Angels to guard and guide those in trouble. I ask this in your Holy Name. Amen
There are many in the world who aspire to the ‘American dream’ while those in the U.S know that dream is an illusion. Some U.S citizens by their own experience find out that this dream has turned into the American nightmare. This has to change, not in the sense of some political ‘change’ campaign which has led to even more troubles to this great nation.
What am I talking about? Let me make it real to you. The economy is a shame. Education standards are hitting new lows. The people of the U.S are no longer happy in truth, they occasionally get thrills through the T.V and other forms of entertainment but are not satisfied. The ‘relation with Jesus’ part of religion has been replaced with legalism. Pastors and preachers when preaching the whole Gospel are met with people who only cherry pick doctrines. I’m not putting a blame on one denomination as I’ve noticed this across many denominations.
A few hundred years ago one could pray in public and it would be seen as an act of faith. Today in some states praying or even preaching the Gospel is considered an ‘outrage’ by people who themselves profess whatever they believe or rather unbelieve (if there’s such a word) in without any bother. Well for such God hating people who are against Christians, they might as well take note that there will indeed be a Final Judgement for them on Judgement day contrary to what their ‘rational’ opinion is.
Now you might wonder what can you do in all this. There are many things that can be done. May the Holy Spirit lead you in the will of God. The will of God also includes praying for each other. In this context you need to pray for your brothers and sisters in the Lord Jesus Christ who live in the U.S.
Just remember this; Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. (James 5:16)
Even if you are a single person committed to this cause don’t worry, for your prayer which is said in good faith will help. It doesn’t matter if others don’t want to join in.
Consider the following verses where only one godly person prayed and yet the Lord God answered favorably:
And the king said to the man of God, “Entreat now the favor of the LORD your God, and pray for me, that my hand may be restored to me.” And the man of God entreated the LORD, and the king’s hand was restored to him and became as it was before. (1 Kings 13:6)
So Abraham prayed unto God; and God healed Abimelech and his wife and his maidservants; and they bore children. (Genesis 20:17)
Since this a huge nation with many needs, there are a lot of points to pray for. Here are the prayer points that you can pray for the United States of America, though you can also add in whatever the Holy Spirit brings to your mind when praying:
- That wicked people are now stopped at each and every level from manipulating the First Amendment, so that there is no tampering with the freedom of speech, freedom of religion etc of Christians living in the U.S.
- That there is genuine interest among Christian youth to love and serve the Lord Jesus.
- Pray so that the government is rid of all those officials who neglect advance warning about terror attacks.
- Pray so that the media stop spreading falsehood about Christians, the soldiers, the war on terror etc and also that the media houses stops bowing down to their company leaders who want sensational news instead of the truth.
- That preachers of the gospel preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ boldly and without fear nor compromise.
- That the number of divorces start declining and come to a halt.
- Pray that the mass shootings/murders of innocent civilians including kids are prevented. Let those who plan to murder at school, college or office etc have a change of heart and don’t carry out their evil deeds. This is a much-needed miracle!
- Pray that the U.S government doesn’t get into wrong deals with terrorists anywhere in the world. No more exchange of murderous terrorists for anyone.
- That that all its citizens question every wrong move of all those in power in nation and state. That all ignorance and apathy in the running of the country goes away from the heart of every person.
- That the prison system is reformed so that it prevents people from getting any more worse. That safety of prisoners is kept track of and reported to their family members.
- Pray that all negative mindsets about the Bible and the church are confronted and cast down from their pride.
- Pray that all states are safe from the scourge of earthquakes, firestorms, hurricanes etc.
- That immoral same-sex marriages are not allowed in every state as this contradicts the teachings of the Bible and also the will of God. That all men behave like real men and all women behave like real women. So that they don’t change their gender for immoral lust, fame or money.
- That every place which promotes immoral sex in the U.S is purged of its demons and it seductive power. So every bar, casino etc which depends on such immorality are shut down totally unless they stop their wickedness.
- Pray that all genetic tampering with human and animal life is strongly prevented by law. No more creation of genetically modified organisms, clones nor chimera of any sort.
- Pray that all nuclear installations in the mainland, islands, high seas and outer space are always safe and in the hands of responsible and sane people.
- That the illegal immigrants don’t become a nuisance to the people in any way or form.
- That there is increased and responsible border patrolling to prevent illegal migrants from entering the U.S.
- Pray that the borders of the U.S are guarded well by patriotic soldiers and that there is no traitor in their midst
- Pray that smugglers of drugs, narcotics etc are arrested. That the war on drugs is actually a success.
- That the fundamental right to bear arms is upheld without the need to declare weapons. So that the Second Amendment is kept pristine without adding wicked loopholes to it. For disarming innocent civilians doesn’t take the guns away from actual criminals who want to use it against the unsuspecting and unarmed.
- That people of various religions are allowed to live in peace and harmony.
- Pray for peace among Christians of all denominations.
- Pray that cults are convicted of their evil doctrines of men and people don’t join them no matter what sweet or bullying words are used.
- That the works and strongholds of the Evil One in the U.S are brought down in the name of Jesus every time people pray to Jesus for deliverance and healing.
- That all children are reconciled to their parents. That all couples live in true unity. That all those elder in age are not made fun of and are respected.
- Pray that all scams of any sort be it economic, healthcare, social security are investigated and all the criminals involved are put to justice.
- Pray that the environment is kept clean and pure from all chemical trails in the air, land or water.
- That signs, wonders and workings of the Holy Spirit keep manifesting themselves in the church in every state (not just Florida and Texas but all other states too!).
- That in these last days, Christians in the U.S don’t lose hope but rather be faithful in the Lord Jesus till the last breath and last hour of their lives.
Since I’ve mentioned a really long list of prayer points, so I personally thank each one who took the time to go through them all and pray for the U.S. I pray that God bless you for taking the time, faith and courage to pray for your Christian brothers and sisters over there so that they have life which truly has ‘life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness’. Be blessed in the name of Jesus. Amen.