Are you paying attention to the truth by Jesus?
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5)
Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered. (Proverbs 28:26)
Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. (Psalm 37:3)
Bible Verses for Anxiety
Whenever faced with anxiety remember you have the Lord God who can help you cope up and overcome anxiety. What you need to do is simply read the Bible verses for anxiety and cast your worries unto Jesus because he cares for you. Please do read it with your heart and not just your mind. You can read it aloud either in your mind or vocally but make sure that you believe each verse about dealing with anxiety.
I do hope you read the below verses for anxiety and overcome it all by the word of your testimony in Jesus. And may the Holy Spirit be with you in this great step you take towards no longer being down with anxiety. Here are the verses:
- There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. (1 John 4:18)
- But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.” (1 Peter 3:14)
- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid but gives us power, love, and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- Say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you.” (Isaiah 35:4)
- But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31)
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
- “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.” (John 14:1)
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
- Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. (Luke 12:22 )
- I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:4)
- When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. (Psalm 94:19)
- The LORD will vindicate me; your love, LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands. (Psalm 138:8)
- For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- “But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” (Jeremiah 17:7-8)
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)
Pray about the suicides in Canada’s Attawapiskat First Nation
Pray about the suicides in Canada’s Attawapiskat First Nation. This place has seen an abnormal spike in suicide rates. The news headlines (with part of the articles mentioned) confirm this:
First Nations community grappling with suicide crisis: ‘We’re crying out for help’
“Since autumn there have been more than 100 suicide attempts in Attawapiskat, which has a population of just 2,000. The community’s four health workers struggled to keep up, their efforts beset by a lack of training in mental health issues. The youngest person to attempt suicide was 11 years old, the oldest 71. After 11 people tried to take their own lives on Saturday evening, exhausted leaders declared a state of emergency. On Monday, as officials scrambled to send crisis counsellors to the community, 20 people – including a nine-year-old – were taken to hospital after they were overheard making a suicide pact. “We’re crying out for help,” said Attawapiskat chief Bruce Shisheesh. “Just about every night there is a suicide attempt.””
Five more suicide attempts made in Attawapiska
“Canada’s 1.4 million aboriginals have higher levels of poverty and a lower life expectancy than other Canadians. Health Minister Jane Philpott has said the suicide rates among aboriginal youth were at least 10 times higher than for the general population of young people.”
Attawapiskat working on plan to address youth suicide crisis Provincial Minister of Health Dr. Eric Hoskins heads to remote northern Ontario First Nation today
“A former prime minister who dealt with similar issues during his tenure said Tuesday there are no quick fixes. “It’s an extremely difficult problem,” Jean Chretien said. “I was with this problem in 1968, a long time ago. It takes time and patience, and there’s always tragedies of that nature that occur and the government has to do its best to cure it. But it’s not easy.””
After 11 Suicide Attempts In Just One Day, Canadian Community Declares State of Emergency
Just before I could give you a suggested prayer for this serious situation, I would suggest that you actually concentrate on praying. Stop listening to the hate mongers who are playing the race card to benefit from this situation. You should rather have mercy on those families who lost their loves to suicide. There is a real need for the Canadian government to take actions that actually benefit Attawapiskat First Nation and its people, this part you don’t need to ignore. Also don’t bother which ethnic group are these people, just regard them as human as you are and pray for them and their salvation. If you are Canadian, please let your local church preacher know about this and get the people of your church to pray and help this First Nation that is in trouble in whatever way that you can.
I ask in the name of Jesus Christ the Son of Man who offers salvation to all who call on his name on knowing of the Gospel, that peace and life about in Attawapiskat First Nation of Canada. Give them life and life in abundance. I place before you all their sufferings, all their depression and all their misfortunes. Give those who are thinking of suicide the grace to not act wrongly but rather reveal their mind to those who can really care enough to help them. Keep those people safe from greedy corporations and industries. Cause the leaders of Canada to give heed to the cries of the First Nation until their is no more suicide over there. I pray that all those other nations who wish to help the people of Attawapiskat may do so with the right intention, right wisdom and right timing. I also ask that health workers increase and prevail against all the suicide over there. Let your Gospel bring light and life to those in mental agony in Attawapiskat. Send forth your Spirit O Lord God and renew the face of Attawapiskat having mercy upon its inhabitants. Let your grace grow over them all. Amen.
Give God your problems
Make it a point to give God your problems so that you have peace that is of the Lord himself. Don’t get burdened by the cares and worries of life. Bring them to the Lord.
There are some people who get drunk to forget their problems but that only causes more issues such as bad health, broken families etc. Sometimes people do seek out Christian counselors/preachers for solutions to their problems which is a good thing. It’s not always that they don’t know what they are supposed to be doing but only so that they can share their emotions. However, no matter how well they try, they’re unable to express it all. This is where the Lord God is superior to all counselors or all preachers for God can understand the heart and mind of anyone.
You need to take the benefit of the peace giving nature of Jesus. In fact Jesus is the prince of peace. There is a prophecy about Jesus in Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
In John 14:27 Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid”.
Don’t be overwhelmed by the burdens of life nor be weary forever. Come to Christ who will give you rest, even for your soul.
Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
If you are getting troubled by anything, bring that thing to the Lord in prayer. You need to let go, I mean really let go of your anxieties and surrender them to the Lord. Don’t let any negative emotion make you a lesser person. Seek Jesus in your thoughts far above anything that’s worrying you. Desire to rise above your problems by your faith in Christ Jesus.
Here are a few scriptures to reflect on:
Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.