Of the things I know of the holy beings above,
Is the fact the God they serve is truly love.
These are things that I must say,
So that more people know the way.
Joy and peace there is in abundance,
And absolutely no spiritual redundance.
There is joy, hope and peace,
Without any trace of disease.
They suffer no hunger nor sadness nor thirst,
Because they’ve kept God their only and first.
They have not a worry nor a care,
No can harm them nor give them a dare.
But one thing on earth does their interest in truth provoke,
Which are the one’s who take Christ’s burden and yolk.
There is much rejoicing in heaven all about,
Over a sinner who has in repentance come out.
Psalm 142:7, David cried, bring my soul out of prison that I may praise Your name; the righteous shall surround me, for you shall deal bountifully with me….
Psalm 124:7, Our soul is escaped as bird out of the snare of the fowlers, the snare is broken, and we are escaped.
Beloved, many people today are languishing in satanic prisons without clear awareness. They are held bound by the strongman, Satan, the devil himself in hell fire, thereby denying them the opportunity to be blessed. In satanic prisons, the victims are confined to circumstances or dwell in places of no hope to get out or escape. These prisons are spiritual with physical manifestations. In the book of Psalm 142:7, David cried, Bring my soul out of prison that I may praise Your name; the righteous shall surround me, for you shall deal bountifully with me…. king David the warrior and conqueror was held bound in spiritual prison of the mind, thereby depriving him the ability to build a temple for the LORD God. His mind-set was repeatedly occupied with war after war which caused him to lose the blessings associated with building God’s house. What is your own satanic prison? Is it failure, non-achievement, poverty, suicide, et cetera, arise now and war against it in Jesus name.
1. Father LORD, I break loose from every satanic prison entered knowingly or unknowingly in the name of Jesus.
2. Father LORD, I destroy every prison warder operating against my life in the name of Jesus.
3. Father LORD, I shut down every satanic prison of failure, in the name of Jesus.
4. Father LORD, I close the gates of every satanic prison of sickness, in the name of Jesus.
5. Father LORD, I must escape from this satanic prison in the name of Jesus.
6. Father LORD, I shut down every satanic prison of disappointment, in the name of Jesus.
7. Father LORD, I close down every satanic prison of non-achievement, in the name of Jesus.
8. Father LORD, I pull down every satanic prison of rise and fall, in the name of Jesus.
9. Father LORD, I pull down every satanic prison of frustration, in the name of Jesus.
10. Father LORD, I close the doors of every satanic prison of death, in the name of Jesus.
11. Father LORD, I break down by fire every satanic prison of debt, in the name of Jesus.
12. Father LORD, I command every snare of the devil assigned against me be broken by fire in the name of Jesus.
13. Father LORD, I command every satanic cage holding my glory, melt by fire in the name of Jesus.
14. Father LORD, I command every prison of delay in my life be destroyed by fire in the name of Jesus.
15. Father LORD, I command every satanic meeting to bury my breakthrough, die by fire in the name of Jesus.
16. Father LORD, I command every stagnated blessings in my life, receive divine acceleration in the name of Jesus .
17. Father LORD, I command every satanic roadblock to my success be dismantled by fire, in the name of Jesus.
18. Father LORD, let all my stolen blessings in the possession of any prison wardens be released by fire, in the name of Jesus.
19. Father LORD, I claim divine uplifting, success and opportunities in the name of Jesus.
20. Thank you my LORD for setting me free from satanic prison, in the name of Jesus.
Note: The above prayer is from undarkblog.wordpress.com
Psalm 4:8 “I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for you, LORD, only make me dwell in safety.”
Psalm 127:2 “It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.”
Proverbs 3:24 “When you lie down, you will not be afraid; When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.”
Job 11:19 “You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid, and many will court your favor.”
Lets read 1 Peter 5:6-11 which speaks of restoration in Christ:
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
This year 2014 has had times of suffering, anxieties and temptations in various forms. Consider yourself fortunate to be alive and in one piece for many have suffered persecution and martyrdom for Christ our Lord, this year. They will surely be rewarded in heaven for their faithfulness. For they were faithful to their last breath, so God will reward their faith with everlasting comfort in heaven.
As the new year which is the year 2015, is approaching us steadily and surely, take your time to reflect on the wisdom of the Lord in 1 Peter 5:10 (you might as well consider the few verses before and after it). All across the world, our brothers and sisters in the Christian faith have suffered various kinds of discrimination and hatred for standing up for the Gospel and at times even for just believing in it. There is no reason to fear the Devil though. This is because Christ has conquered Death, sin and the grave. You are encouraged to cast your cares and anxieties unto God. Be humble unto God, knowing that he is mighty to save. Because you love God you must resist the Evil one in every area of your life. Let nothing of the kingdom of darkness lay claim over you.
Now for the prayer points which you can confess for yourself and others:
- We pray for those who haven’t yet heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That God sends more preachers and missionaries to meet more unreached people across the world and give them the Gospel. Also, that these people on hearing the Gospel truly adore Christ as their Lord and Savior. Amen.
- We pray for complete restoration in relationships, finances and health and anything else which was lost. That all the years of losses are overcome. Also that oneself is fully healed emotionally no matter what is the cause of suffering. Let the grace to overcome be given by Christ. Amen.
- We pray that God is glorified in those who profess Jesus Christ as their Messiah. That those to profess faith, hope and love in Jesus also walk their talk. That more and more Christians get out of the traps of hypocrisy which the Evil One has thrown towards them. Also, that we are set free from all presumption that leads to sin. We ask this in Jesus name. Amen.
- We pray that more Christian youth take the worship of the Lord God seriously and take delight in adoring him. Let even the little one loves to praise the Lord even more.
- We pray that those who are harmed in any way due to terrorism, injustice, calamity etc are helped to recover. Cause the workers of mercy and justice to come forth and strive for the peace and restoration of those who lost out on their secure living.
- We pray that the Jewish people desire to glorify the Lord God by not depending on vain traditions of men but go by the words of the prophets. That they realize the need to accept the Messiah and most importantly they recognize their One True Messiah in Jesus Christ.
- We pray for the all those in the body of Christ which is the Church. That all receive encouragement to worship and adore the Lord God without any fear and hesitation but with a mind open to the will of God. That people become more creative in the worship of Christ. That all who call upon the Lord are encouraged to praise him more in Spirit and in truth. Amen.
- We pray that those who are engaged in whatsoever capacity to preach or promote the Gospel of Jesus Christ receive all the grace they need to carry on. May they overcome all those who ignore, ridicule and even persecute them. We pray that those who preach the Gospel therefore are refreshed and renewed within. We pray for their security so that the Gospel is preached to all the ends of the Earth. Amen.
- We pray that the name of Lord Jesus is glorified in the good works that all those who believe in him are called out to do. That all those who are given the grace to bring healing to others, continue to do for the glory of God. Also, that all those who do various forms of ministry do so with a strong and renewed desire to see the Lord God glorified in all that they do. Amen.
- Finally, we also pray that the good work that Christ began in us be brought to completion in Him. That God’s works in us are protected by God himself along with his holy angels. Deliver us from all evil and workers of iniquity and demons and give us peace O Lord God. In the name of Jesus we pray and believe. Amen.
Depression and anxiety tend to have a negative impact on body and soul. People get depressed due to different reasons such as death of a loved one, financial loss, wars, lack of respect and appreciation etc. These may be valid reasons to be depressed. There are also unnecessary worries that cause depression.
Too much sorrow and anxiety puts strain on the nervous system. It causes insomnia, irritability, hopelessness etc. Even your spirit feels down and sometimes broken. You need to start realizing that you need to escape this soon. Maybe you feel at home with depression due long times of suffering but the Bible reminds us of the true nature of sorrow. You’ve got to be genuinely cheerful again.
Psalms 127:2 – [It is] vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: [for] so he giveth his beloved sleep.
Proverbs 12:25 An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.
Proverbs 15:13-14 A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.
2 Corinthians 7:10 For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation; but the sorrow of the world produces death.
No matter what your reason to be anxious and sorrowful, you need to make a choice to get out of depression and anxiety. Being depressed or anxious won’t solve anything let alone fix the cause of your worrying.
Anxiety won’t help you pay the bills. It won’t get you more beauty. Depression won’t make you more wise. It won’t strengthen you.
Jesus knows all hearts perfectly because he has made them all. No wonder he spoke about the reality of cares and worries. Here’s what Jesus the creator of all hearts had said about worrying:
Matthew 6:27-29 “Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow.
John 14:1 “Let not your heart be troubled:ye believe in God, believe also in me.
Matthew 11:28 “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
Come to Jesus and give him your anxiety and worries. He will not cast out those who approach him in faith. Doesn’t matter if you caused the mess. Just approach Christ and take it all to him in prayer.
Worldly wisdom is partially right in letting go of your worries and sorrows by speaking it out to someone. But not everyone will hear out your problems. Not everyone cares about troubles you face. They will say please don’t discuss this with me for I don’t have time for this or some other excuse. Some only want to hear of your worries to see how they can take advantage of your situation. I say that such people will get their due judgement for this.
Some people can hear you out but can’t really help you due to their lack of knowledge or human limits. They will not be able to comprehend how badly hurt you are. Some may even find certain worries of yourself amusing though you may not like such people’s response. Only few people can actually listen and help you overcome your griefs.
This doesn’t mean you don’t speak about your sorrows to others. There are genuine Christian counselors who can hear and guide you. I used to hear out different counselors on what they would do to help someone get out of depression. I realized that the most effective one is when makes a free choice to cast his/her sorrows into the hands of Jesus and truly lets go. So I decided to then directly surrender my thoughts to Jesus when I’m faced with negative thoughts. Nobody can help more better that Jesus with the Holy Spirit for the glory of God.