Always be thankful and celebrate all that God has done for you. Don’t ever forget the good that God has worked in you life, lest you get carried away by the cares and worries of this life and be unfruitful.
Jesus himself spoke about this in the Parable of the Sower as in Mark 4: 18-10 saying “And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.”
As an act of continual gratitude speak to others what the Lord God has done in your life.
Jesus himself told the man from whom he expelled the demons to tell other what the Lord had done for him and this man gladly this. And the people marveled at the goodness of the Lord!
And they came to Jesus, and saw the demoniac sitting there, clothed and in his right mind, the man who had had the legion; and they were afraid. 16 And those who had seen it told what had happened to the demoniac and to the swine. 17 And they began to beg Jesus to depart from their neighborhood. 18 And as he was getting into the boat, the man who had been possessed with demons begged him that he might be with him. 19 But he refused, and said to him, “Go home to your friends, and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.” 20 And he went away and began to proclaim in the Decap′olis how much Jesus had done for him; and all men marveled. (Mark 5:15-20)
Bible verses for reflection:
- With praise and thanksgiving they sang to the Lord: “He is good; his love toward Israel endures forever.” And all the people gave a great shout of praise to the Lord, because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid. (Ezra 3:11)
- I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High. (Psalm 7:17)
- I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. (Psalm 9:1)
- Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. (Psalm 100:4-5)
- Sing to the Lord with grateful praise; make music to our God on the harp. (Psalm 147:7)
- I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors: You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king. (Daniel 2:23)
- Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 5:18-20)
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)
- Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. ( 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
- Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our “God is a consuming fire.” (Hebrews 12:28-29)
Therefore, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not only in my presence, but now even more in my absence, continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. (Philippians 2:12)
The Greek word translated “fear” in this context can equally mean “reverence” or “respect.” Your salvation is precious and more valuable than any gold, silver or diamond. Continue in obedience to God’s will. Have great respect for this freedom that comes from Jesus Christ. Do not work out this freedom for vain nor evil things but rather for good works for God’s glory alone.
Work out your salvation to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Work out your salvation to do what is righteous.
Work out your salvation to care for widows and orphans.
Work out your salvation to encourage people in church to trust God more.
Work out your salvation and just to be kind to all you encounter.