Lets read 1 Peter 5:6-11 which speaks of restoration in Christ:
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
This year 2014 has had times of suffering, anxieties and temptations in various forms. Consider yourself fortunate to be alive and in one piece for many have suffered persecution and martyrdom for Christ our Lord, this year. They will surely be rewarded in heaven for their faithfulness. For they were faithful to their last breath, so God will reward their faith with everlasting comfort in heaven.
As the new year which is the year 2015, is approaching us steadily and surely, take your time to reflect on the wisdom of the Lord in 1 Peter 5:10 (you might as well consider the few verses before and after it). All across the world, our brothers and sisters in the Christian faith have suffered various kinds of discrimination and hatred for standing up for the Gospel and at times even for just believing in it. There is no reason to fear the Devil though. This is because Christ has conquered Death, sin and the grave. You are encouraged to cast your cares and anxieties unto God. Be humble unto God, knowing that he is mighty to save. Because you love God you must resist the Evil one in every area of your life. Let nothing of the kingdom of darkness lay claim over you.
Now for the prayer points which you can confess for yourself and others:
- We pray for those who haven’t yet heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That God sends more preachers and missionaries to meet more unreached people across the world and give them the Gospel. Also, that these people on hearing the Gospel truly adore Christ as their Lord and Savior. Amen.
- We pray for complete restoration in relationships, finances and health and anything else which was lost. That all the years of losses are overcome. Also that oneself is fully healed emotionally no matter what is the cause of suffering. Let the grace to overcome be given by Christ. Amen.
- We pray that God is glorified in those who profess Jesus Christ as their Messiah. That those to profess faith, hope and love in Jesus also walk their talk. That more and more Christians get out of the traps of hypocrisy which the Evil One has thrown towards them. Also, that we are set free from all presumption that leads to sin. We ask this in Jesus name. Amen.
- We pray that more Christian youth take the worship of the Lord God seriously and take delight in adoring him. Let even the little one loves to praise the Lord even more.
- We pray that those who are harmed in any way due to terrorism, injustice, calamity etc are helped to recover. Cause the workers of mercy and justice to come forth and strive for the peace and restoration of those who lost out on their secure living.
- We pray that the Jewish people desire to glorify the Lord God by not depending on vain traditions of men but go by the words of the prophets. That they realize the need to accept the Messiah and most importantly they recognize their One True Messiah in Jesus Christ.
- We pray for the all those in the body of Christ which is the Church. That all receive encouragement to worship and adore the Lord God without any fear and hesitation but with a mind open to the will of God. That people become more creative in the worship of Christ. That all who call upon the Lord are encouraged to praise him more in Spirit and in truth. Amen.
- We pray that those who are engaged in whatsoever capacity to preach or promote the Gospel of Jesus Christ receive all the grace they need to carry on. May they overcome all those who ignore, ridicule and even persecute them. We pray that those who preach the Gospel therefore are refreshed and renewed within. We pray for their security so that the Gospel is preached to all the ends of the Earth. Amen.
- We pray that the name of Lord Jesus is glorified in the good works that all those who believe in him are called out to do. That all those who are given the grace to bring healing to others, continue to do for the glory of God. Also, that all those who do various forms of ministry do so with a strong and renewed desire to see the Lord God glorified in all that they do. Amen.
- Finally, we also pray that the good work that Christ began in us be brought to completion in Him. That God’s works in us are protected by God himself along with his holy angels. Deliver us from all evil and workers of iniquity and demons and give us peace O Lord God. In the name of Jesus we pray and believe. Amen.
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! “May they be secure who love you! (Psalm 122:6)
Let my tongue stick to the roof of my mouth, if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy! (Psalm 137:6)
On 18th November 2014, there was a deadly attack at a Jewish synagogue in Jerusalem. There were about 5 victims who died in this assault by 2 Mohammedan Palestinian fanatic cousins. Among the victims included 1 rabbi from the UK and 3 rabbi’s from the United States of America. There were other who were wounded in these attacks and are still being treated as of of now. All this happened when the rabbi’s (religious leaders of the Jews) were praying in the direction of the ruins of the temple of Jerusalem.
While this was an evil act, the Hamas leader Mushir al-Masri celebrated these murders a ‘heroic act’ leading to great dissent among the people of Israel. The wicked cousins screamed out the name of their god when committing these vile acts. The murderers were later killed in a gun battle with the police. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Nethanyahu has already said that they will retaliate for these murders. No surprise about his stance, as there were many self-deceived Palestinians actually celebrating the murders, yes actually celebrating the murders.
I would strongly recommend that you go through the following news articles if you aren’t aware of it as yet or just that you want to know more:
- Israel Shaken by 5 Deaths in Synagogue Assault (source link: click here)
- Hero police officer with four-month-old baby becomes fifth victim of Palestinian attack on Israeli synagogue after being shot in the head as he tried to save civilians (source link: click here)
- Palestinians Celebrate Jerusalem Murders (source link: click here)
Here are a few points that you can pray about in this case:
- Pray for peace for the families of the victims who died in the attacks.
- Pray that no more attacks like this happen in Jerusalem.
- Pray that all the those who masterminded this terrorist attack are punished for their crimes.
- Pray that those who enjoyed the sufferings of the victims are put to shame.
- Pray that the Israeli’s step their security all over Israel.
- Pray that world governments condemn the murders of the victims and denounce the cause of the murderers.
- Pray for the peace of Jerusalem in these times.
- Pray that every potential suicide bombing attempt is thwarted in Israel.
- Pray that any misuse of this situation in the social media to tarnish the nature of the Jews is brought down right away.
- Pray that times of healing appear for the Jews.