A real photo of a family at Guangzhou Airport, showing the fear prevalent in much of China today.
Pray and meditate on these Bible verses for protection from evildoers
In the age of deception and chaos, please take time to pray and meditate on these Bible verses for protection from evildoers which I have listed below from the Psalms. Pray without any doubt nor guile and see the difference:
Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings, from the wicked who do me violence, my deadly enemies who surround me. (Psalm 17:8-9)
Deliver me from my enemies, O my God; protect me from those who rise up against me; deliver me from those who work evil, and save me from bloodthirsty men. (Psalm 59:1-2)
But you, O Lord, laugh at them; you hold all the nations in derision. O my Strength, I will watch for you, for you, O God, are my fortress.
My God in his steadfast love[c] will meet me; God will let me look in triumph on my enemies. (Psalm 59:8-10)
Hear my voice, O God, in my complaint; preserve my life from dread of the enemy. Hide me from the secret plots of the wicked, from the throng of evildoers, who whet their tongues like swords, who aim bitter words like arrows, shooting from ambush at the blameless, shooting at him suddenly and without fear. (Psalm 64:2-3)
Answer me quickly, O Lord! My spirit fails! Hide not your face from me, lest I be like those who go down to the pit. Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Deliver me from my enemies, O Lord! I have fled to you for refuge. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God! Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground! (Psalm 134:7-10)
For your name’s sake, O Lord, preserve my life! In your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble! And in your steadfast love you will cut off my enemies, and you will destroy all the adversaries of my soul, for I am your servant. (Psalm 134:11-12)
Coronavirus – Prayer Requests From the Church in Wuhan, China
A Prayer Request from a Wuhan Pastor:
* Peace be upon you. At this time the virus has been at the center of our thoughts and lives. We are always watching the latest news, and thinking about how our family and the church should face this.
* As for my family, I have gathered masks and food and have ventured outside as little as possible. When venturing out in public I have worn a mask, but as for the rest, I place my life in the Lord’s hands.
* As for the church, we are all part of a great struggle. We are facing a severe test of our faith, and we feel that Christians in our city are not only called to suffer with the people, but we have been called to pray for those who are fearful, and to introduce them to the peace of Christ.
* Please pray for the peace of Christ to rule and reign in our hearts, so that we may be a witness to those who are without hope.
* Pray that through this hardship, God’s children will grow nearer to the Almighty, and that the Lord will use it to purify our souls and give us many opportunities to proclaim the gospel.
* Brothers and sisters, I encourage you to be strong in Christ’s love. Even a sparrow cannot fall to the ground apart from the will of the Father. With so many millions facing this pestilence, can it be outside God’s will? In all that we are experiencing, is it any worse than what Abraham faced in Sodom, and Jonah faced in Nineveh? If God withheld judgment on Sodom because of one righteous man, or because of 120,000 who didn’t know their left hand from their right, withheld destruction from Nineveh, what of the city of Wuhan where we live? We are part of many thousands of righteous believers who live in this city, made righteous by the Blood of Jesus Christ.
* Please pray for God’s mercy upon Wuhan, and ask Him to bring peace upon our city, province and all of China at this time.
* Please intercede, asking our wonderful Savior to bring peace and healing to those who are afflicted with the illness, to provide supernatural strength and protection for the medical personnel struggling on the front lines, and to bless every official at every level, who are working to help the people of Wuhan!
* Please do not be concerned with my welfare, nor be agitated or fearful, but pray in the Name of Jesus. Many people are courageously serving our city, especially the medical personnel who are risking their lives. If they can take on such worldly responsibilities, how can the Body of Christ not more readily take on spiritual responsibilities!
* Please ask the Lord to use this pestilence for His glory, so that when it is over, there will be many more souls born-again into the kingdom of God than have perished.
Some more helpful links about the Coronavirus and the Church in Hubei Province:
* See our stats and a map showing the Christian population of Hubei Province.
* This site tracks the latest figures showing the spread of the virus in China and around the world. It is updated many times each day. As you can see from the graph at the bottom right of the page, the virus appears far from having reached its peak, and the number of deaths is rapidly increasing daily.
* Read how churches in Hubei Province are meeting together online during this plague, and one pastor encourages us to realize this is a fierce spiritual battle in China, and not just a physical one.
God bless the people of Wuhan and China!
Source link : https://asiaharvest.org/coronavirus-prayer-requests-from-the-church-in-wuhan-china/
‘Not Just an Italian Problem’: Coronavirus Threatens Europe’s Economy (nytimes.com)
Coronavirus in China: the outbreak, measures, and impact (pharmaceutical-technology.com)
Prayer for Protection against Storms and Floods
O Lord Jesus who rebuked the storm and the winds and then onwards there was calm, we appeal unto you to come to our rescue. Deliver us from all storms, heavy winds and floods. Protect us by sending your Holy Angels to guard us from all the plans of the Enemy. Save us O Lord God that we may praise in good health of mind, body and spirit, in the land of the living. We ask all this in the Holy Name of Jesus, the Son of the One True Living God. Amen.
When in desperation pray
What is your reaction in desperation? Are you so overwhelmed by the problem that you panic? What about your faith in God? Do you pray to God in such cases?
I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him and saved him out of all his troubles.The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them. (Psalm 34:4-7)
In desperate times don’t worry if you seem too emotional unto others when praying. Because your prayer is unto God and not to men or women.
You might feel to pray spontaneously in your own words. Sometimes, its possible that you may even pray some of the prayers you were taught in church or read in the Bible such the Lord’s Prayer. Don’t worry about. Your focus must be that you pray in faith unto God with an expectant hope in Him to rescue you from trouble. Leave all doubts alone.
God will help you through any means. Maybe an idea or an escape plan. Might be a worker of justice may come to your aid. Or sometimes, you too will gain courage to overcome. So just be open to the will of God in your prayers. Fear not when Christ is with you!