This method can help you daily give God control of your life by using the six major parts of the body as a guide for what specifically to turn over to God. You can turn over additional things as well.
“And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.” Romans 6:13
Heavenly Father, I thank You for the Holy Spirit living within me. I yield to You and ask that the Holy Spirit will take full control of my life using these six parts of the body as a guide: mind, eyes, ear, mouth, hands and feet.
Mind: I ask that You will allow my mind to think only on what You want and not on the things I shouldn’t be thinking about.
Eyes: Have my eyes look at what You want me to see, and not anything detrimental to me.
Ears: Allow my ears to hear what You want me to hear instead of negativity.
Mouth: Direct me to say what is pleasing to You and to not say things that could be hurtful to anybody.
Hands: Guide me to do things that are gratifying to You and keep me from the activities that are not helpful to me.
Feet: Direct me to walk to places that are pleasing in Your sight and turn me from any roads that lead to destruction.
Thank you that when all these parts of my body are under the control of the Holy Spirit I am able to lay aside my own desires and instinctive actions, enabling me to grow in my Christian walk.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Note: The above article is through the courtesy of
Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy. (Proverbs 31:8-9)
There are people in the world who are as good as mute, because the world doesn’t care much for them. The world at times speaks but only in bits and pieces. So, these suffer for many years with no respite. We are to speak up for such people. We are to pray for such people. And so, it’s time to bring to your mind the nation of Uganda in Africa in this regard. Formerly a British Protectorate and then ruled by its own resident dictator Idi Amin after it’s independence, things have kept going wrong for this nation.
Filled with corruption and violence, this place is not recommended for travel by the UK (click here for the warning). And the U.S. goverment warning is more direct : “The U.S. government rates Uganda as high threat for terrorism. The potential for terrorist activity from extremist organizations such as al-Shabaab exists in Uganda and the region. Uganda contributes troops to the African Union Mission in Somalia and al-Shabaab has consistently threatened attacks inside Uganda in retaliation. U.S. citizens are routinely advised to avoid high-density public gatherings. U.S. citizens travelling to the Karamoja region in northeastern Uganda should be aware of ongoing conflict and armed banditry in this region.” (click here for the source)
There been instances of ethnic cleansing, human trafficking and slavery in Uganda by various groups such as the Lord’s Resistance Army and even there are allegations that the government soldiers also do the same. Ethnic cleansing for those who don’t know, means the murder of large groups of people having similar ethnic background or orientation.
This could also be called as genocide in Uganda
Even more scary are the reports of cannibalism in Uganda. Crazy as it sounds, there is no law prohibiting cannibalism (eating of human flesh) in Uganda.
The International community is more concerned with immoral choices being available in Uganda instead of curbing the violence over there. That’s a recipe for disaster on the moral front.
Uganda profile – Timeline (via BBC)
Here are the prayer points that you can pray for Uganda though you can also add in whatever the Holy Spirit brings to your mind when praying:
- Pray that there is regard for human life in Uganda.
- That cannibalism is kicked out of Uganda.
- That sexual immorality is not condoned in Uganda and it is corrected ethically and humanely.
- Pray that the counterfeit movement and organization knows as the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) is totally purged out from Uganda. Also that those innocent men, women and children held captive illegally by the LRA are exposed.
- Pray for the immediate capture of the LRA’s vile leaders especially Joseph Kony.
- Pray for those who were maimed and disfigured by the LRA. Also for those sexually abused by the LRA. That they are healed in body, mind and spirit.
- Pray for those children who are brainwashed into murdering others by the LRA. That no more kids keep getting into the hate cult and other such kids keep getting rescued. Pray for the overall innocence and safety of the children of Uganda.
- Pray that all other cults and hate movements and terror groups such as the al-Shabaab experience failure and the people of God keep winning against them.
- Pray that all forms of human trafficking are strongly stopped by the government and police at all levels.
- Pray that Uganda People’s Defence Force’s which is their standing army acts ethically even as they try to protect their nation and surrounding nations who too are affected by the LRA and other insurgent groups. Pray that every instance of war crimes is not allowed in the Uganda People’s Defence Force and everyone negatively affected by them is given justice against those who harmed them.
- Pray that the corruption in Uganda is reduced and removed systematically from all of the nation at every level government and judiciary as well.
- Pray that the preachers in Uganda only preach the true Gospel and do not fall prey to faulty human traditions which are incorrectly given status as the Bible.
- Pray that the Ugandan Christians experience the peace that comes from Jesus Christ.
- Pray for unity and peace among Christians of various denominations in Uganda.
- Pray that strongholds of false traditions which try to undermine the Christian faith are exposed and defeated in Uganda
- That all of Uganda’s infrastructure is kept safe and secure.
- Pray that there is no misuse of the nation’s resources by any form of corruption in the government, military etc in Uganda
- Pray for good, moral and effective leaders for Uganda.
- Pray that only the correct nations send help in terms of food, medicines, humanitarian and military aid. Also, that those countries which are over zealously neutral towards the atrocities and corruption being carried out in Uganda are woken up from their sleep and made to act in the right manner.
“No man has such need to pray as the man who does not care to pray. When you can pray and long to pray—why, then, you will pray! But when you cannot pray and do not wish to pray—why, then, you must pray, or evil will come of it! He is on the brink of ruin who forgets the Mercy Seat. When the heart is apathetic towards prayer, the whole man is sickening from a grievous disease. How can we be weary of prayer? It is essential to life! When a man grows weary of breathing, surely he is near to dying! When a man grows weary of praying, surely we ought to pray anxiously for him, for he is in an evil case.” (Charles Spurgeon 1891, Sermon #2189)
Lets read 1 Peter 5:6-11 which speaks of restoration in Christ:
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
This year 2014 has had times of suffering, anxieties and temptations in various forms. Consider yourself fortunate to be alive and in one piece for many have suffered persecution and martyrdom for Christ our Lord, this year. They will surely be rewarded in heaven for their faithfulness. For they were faithful to their last breath, so God will reward their faith with everlasting comfort in heaven.
As the new year which is the year 2015, is approaching us steadily and surely, take your time to reflect on the wisdom of the Lord in 1 Peter 5:10 (you might as well consider the few verses before and after it). All across the world, our brothers and sisters in the Christian faith have suffered various kinds of discrimination and hatred for standing up for the Gospel and at times even for just believing in it. There is no reason to fear the Devil though. This is because Christ has conquered Death, sin and the grave. You are encouraged to cast your cares and anxieties unto God. Be humble unto God, knowing that he is mighty to save. Because you love God you must resist the Evil one in every area of your life. Let nothing of the kingdom of darkness lay claim over you.
Now for the prayer points which you can confess for yourself and others:
- We pray for those who haven’t yet heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That God sends more preachers and missionaries to meet more unreached people across the world and give them the Gospel. Also, that these people on hearing the Gospel truly adore Christ as their Lord and Savior. Amen.
- We pray for complete restoration in relationships, finances and health and anything else which was lost. That all the years of losses are overcome. Also that oneself is fully healed emotionally no matter what is the cause of suffering. Let the grace to overcome be given by Christ. Amen.
- We pray that God is glorified in those who profess Jesus Christ as their Messiah. That those to profess faith, hope and love in Jesus also walk their talk. That more and more Christians get out of the traps of hypocrisy which the Evil One has thrown towards them. Also, that we are set free from all presumption that leads to sin. We ask this in Jesus name. Amen.
- We pray that more Christian youth take the worship of the Lord God seriously and take delight in adoring him. Let even the little one loves to praise the Lord even more.
- We pray that those who are harmed in any way due to terrorism, injustice, calamity etc are helped to recover. Cause the workers of mercy and justice to come forth and strive for the peace and restoration of those who lost out on their secure living.
- We pray that the Jewish people desire to glorify the Lord God by not depending on vain traditions of men but go by the words of the prophets. That they realize the need to accept the Messiah and most importantly they recognize their One True Messiah in Jesus Christ.
- We pray for the all those in the body of Christ which is the Church. That all receive encouragement to worship and adore the Lord God without any fear and hesitation but with a mind open to the will of God. That people become more creative in the worship of Christ. That all who call upon the Lord are encouraged to praise him more in Spirit and in truth. Amen.
- We pray that those who are engaged in whatsoever capacity to preach or promote the Gospel of Jesus Christ receive all the grace they need to carry on. May they overcome all those who ignore, ridicule and even persecute them. We pray that those who preach the Gospel therefore are refreshed and renewed within. We pray for their security so that the Gospel is preached to all the ends of the Earth. Amen.
- We pray that the name of Lord Jesus is glorified in the good works that all those who believe in him are called out to do. That all those who are given the grace to bring healing to others, continue to do for the glory of God. Also, that all those who do various forms of ministry do so with a strong and renewed desire to see the Lord God glorified in all that they do. Amen.
- Finally, we also pray that the good work that Christ began in us be brought to completion in Him. That God’s works in us are protected by God himself along with his holy angels. Deliver us from all evil and workers of iniquity and demons and give us peace O Lord God. In the name of Jesus we pray and believe. Amen.