I keep hearing and seeing the news all around the world. Some places there have been earth quakes, some bush fires while now of this writing, the Corona Virus (Covid-19) has been causing devastation and death wherever it can. While the danger is real, you don’t need to live in fear. Firstly put your trust in God who can deliver you from evil. And then continue with prayer and thanksgiving unto the Lord Jesus. Obviously, you are to also take due precautions and not deliberately land yourself in trouble.
Fear leads to worry and worrying won’t help you
“Do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?” ~ Luke 12:22-26
“He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?” ~ Mark 4:39-40
Fear makes the problem seem more than what it is
By being fearful you don’t end up getting your problems solved. Not a bit. You need to focus on the right steps to help yourself. Remind yourself that you are loved by God and he will be there for you in the hardest of times, if you only believe in him.
“I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears.” ~ Psalm 34:4
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.” ~ Romans 8:38-39
Fear of man (or woman) only keeps you down in life
Fear no man nor woman because it is not worth it. Such fear is a trap. People lose a lot of things, even their souls due to this, because they keep confirming to the sinister schemes of the sinful world. Reject this fear of man (or woman) and be a true believer in God.
The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe. (Proverbs 29:25)
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. (Matthew 10:28)
Fear can keep you away from the Will of God
Beware of fear, because it can keep you away from the Will of God. Be strong and courageous for the Lord God and reject any fear of people and society when it comes to doing all the good things God has planned for you.
Then David said to Solomon his son, “Be strong and courageous and do it. Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed, for the Lord God, even my God, is with you. He will not leave you or forsake you, until all the work for the service of the house of the Lord is finished. (1 Chronicles 28:20)
For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” (Romans 8:15)
Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. (1 John 4:4)
I pray that you are able to make a decision to live without fear for the sake of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. God be with you!
This method can help you daily give God control of your life by using the six major parts of the body as a guide for what specifically to turn over to God. You can turn over additional things as well.
“And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.” Romans 6:13
Heavenly Father, I thank You for the Holy Spirit living within me. I yield to You and ask that the Holy Spirit will take full control of my life using these six parts of the body as a guide: mind, eyes, ear, mouth, hands and feet.
Mind: I ask that You will allow my mind to think only on what You want and not on the things I shouldn’t be thinking about.
Eyes: Have my eyes look at what You want me to see, and not anything detrimental to me.
Ears: Allow my ears to hear what You want me to hear instead of negativity.
Mouth: Direct me to say what is pleasing to You and to not say things that could be hurtful to anybody.
Hands: Guide me to do things that are gratifying to You and keep me from the activities that are not helpful to me.
Feet: Direct me to walk to places that are pleasing in Your sight and turn me from any roads that lead to destruction.
Thank you that when all these parts of my body are under the control of the Holy Spirit I am able to lay aside my own desires and instinctive actions, enabling me to grow in my Christian walk.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Note: The above article is through the courtesy of
Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy. (Proverbs 31:8-9)
There are people in the world who are as good as mute, because the world doesn’t care much for them. The world at times speaks but only in bits and pieces. So, these suffer for many years with no respite. We are to speak up for such people. We are to pray for such people. And so, it’s time to bring to your mind the nation of Uganda in Africa in this regard. Formerly a British Protectorate and then ruled by its own resident dictator Idi Amin after it’s independence, things have kept going wrong for this nation.
Filled with corruption and violence, this place is not recommended for travel by the UK (click here for the warning). And the U.S. goverment warning is more direct : “The U.S. government rates Uganda as high threat for terrorism. The potential for terrorist activity from extremist organizations such as al-Shabaab exists in Uganda and the region. Uganda contributes troops to the African Union Mission in Somalia and al-Shabaab has consistently threatened attacks inside Uganda in retaliation. U.S. citizens are routinely advised to avoid high-density public gatherings. U.S. citizens travelling to the Karamoja region in northeastern Uganda should be aware of ongoing conflict and armed banditry in this region.” (click here for the source)
There been instances of ethnic cleansing, human trafficking and slavery in Uganda by various groups such as the Lord’s Resistance Army and even there are allegations that the government soldiers also do the same. Ethnic cleansing for those who don’t know, means the murder of large groups of people having similar ethnic background or orientation.
This could also be called as genocide in Uganda
Even more scary are the reports of cannibalism in Uganda. Crazy as it sounds, there is no law prohibiting cannibalism (eating of human flesh) in Uganda.
The International community is more concerned with immoral choices being available in Uganda instead of curbing the violence over there. That’s a recipe for disaster on the moral front.
Uganda profile – Timeline (via BBC)
Here are the prayer points that you can pray for Uganda though you can also add in whatever the Holy Spirit brings to your mind when praying:
- Pray that there is regard for human life in Uganda.
- That cannibalism is kicked out of Uganda.
- That sexual immorality is not condoned in Uganda and it is corrected ethically and humanely.
- Pray that the counterfeit movement and organization knows as the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) is totally purged out from Uganda. Also that those innocent men, women and children held captive illegally by the LRA are exposed.
- Pray for the immediate capture of the LRA’s vile leaders especially Joseph Kony.
- Pray for those who were maimed and disfigured by the LRA. Also for those sexually abused by the LRA. That they are healed in body, mind and spirit.
- Pray for those children who are brainwashed into murdering others by the LRA. That no more kids keep getting into the hate cult and other such kids keep getting rescued. Pray for the overall innocence and safety of the children of Uganda.
- Pray that all other cults and hate movements and terror groups such as the al-Shabaab experience failure and the people of God keep winning against them.
- Pray that all forms of human trafficking are strongly stopped by the government and police at all levels.
- Pray that Uganda People’s Defence Force’s which is their standing army acts ethically even as they try to protect their nation and surrounding nations who too are affected by the LRA and other insurgent groups. Pray that every instance of war crimes is not allowed in the Uganda People’s Defence Force and everyone negatively affected by them is given justice against those who harmed them.
- Pray that the corruption in Uganda is reduced and removed systematically from all of the nation at every level government and judiciary as well.
- Pray that the preachers in Uganda only preach the true Gospel and do not fall prey to faulty human traditions which are incorrectly given status as the Bible.
- Pray that the Ugandan Christians experience the peace that comes from Jesus Christ.
- Pray for unity and peace among Christians of various denominations in Uganda.
- Pray that strongholds of false traditions which try to undermine the Christian faith are exposed and defeated in Uganda
- That all of Uganda’s infrastructure is kept safe and secure.
- Pray that there is no misuse of the nation’s resources by any form of corruption in the government, military etc in Uganda
- Pray for good, moral and effective leaders for Uganda.
- Pray that only the correct nations send help in terms of food, medicines, humanitarian and military aid. Also, that those countries which are over zealously neutral towards the atrocities and corruption being carried out in Uganda are woken up from their sleep and made to act in the right manner.
“No man has such need to pray as the man who does not care to pray. When you can pray and long to pray—why, then, you will pray! But when you cannot pray and do not wish to pray—why, then, you must pray, or evil will come of it! He is on the brink of ruin who forgets the Mercy Seat. When the heart is apathetic towards prayer, the whole man is sickening from a grievous disease. How can we be weary of prayer? It is essential to life! When a man grows weary of breathing, surely he is near to dying! When a man grows weary of praying, surely we ought to pray anxiously for him, for he is in an evil case.” (Charles Spurgeon 1891, Sermon #2189)