The Cares Of The World
The cares of the world can be many or less,
But the name of the Lord we are to bless.
For such cares can overwhelm,
So follow the wisdom of God’s realm.
There are many who get choked,
Because Jesus’ help they haven’t invoked.
Had they asked the Lord’s grace,
His victory would glow upon their face.
Jesus is the Good Shepherd and the Rock,
And he hears the cry of his flock.
So don’t bear your burdens alone,
But seek help from God on his throne.
Don’t let your mind go weak,
Nor in any depression be asleep.
But surrender all your worries and cares,
Unto Christ Jesus in your prayers.
Five simple tips to worship God with your heart, soul and mind
Do you worship God because you love him? Do you worship God fully focused or are you always distracted?
And Jesus said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” (Matthew 22:37)
The greatest thing in your love for God is that you worship him. Don’t worship the Lord God the sake of it but do with full involvement of your heart, soul and mind. Here are a few tips to worship God with your heart, soul and mind:
1) Have faith in God
Trying to worship God without believing in Him is completely illogical. And this won’t please God even one bit.
- But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works. (Psalm 73:28)
- And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. (Hebrews 11:6)
2) Repent of all your sins to let your prayers be heard
God is holy and does not desire his worshippers to cling to sin. Repent and ask God for his forgiveness and be determined to do His will.
- We know that God does not listen to sinners, but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does his will, God listens to him. (John 9:31)
- Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. (James 4:8)
3) Forgive everyone because its God’s will
Don’t cling to unforgiveness so that you live as per the will of God. Make it point to fully forgive each and everyone who sinned against you. Also, forgive yourself.
- And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”(Mark 11:25)
- Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. (Colossians 3:12-13)
4) Always love the Lord God
Without love towards God, your worship of God is in vain. Love God in all sincerity when you pray to Him.
- If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. (1 Corinthians 13:2)
- Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. (1 Corinthians 13:8)
5) Focus on the Lord God
Meditate on the goodness of the Lord. By focusing on the Word of God and speaking it in heart and mind you will be more attuned to the things of the Lord by the Holy Spirit. Even if distractions come, rebuke and reject them in the name of Jesus and continue to worship God.
- I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. (Psalm 119:15)
- But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. (Galatians 5:16-17)
The spirit of prayer is for all times and occasions
“The spirit of prayer is for all times and occasions; it is a lamp that is to be always burning, a light to be ever shining: everything calls for it; everything is to be done in it and governed by it, because it is and means and wills nothing else but the totality of the soul – not doing this or that, but wholly given up to God to be where and what and how He pleases.” – William Law
Beware when you notice all these in your life
A thought provoking forward that I’ve received. Just felt like sharing this out. Here we go:
1. Beware – When prayer becomes a difficult thing for you.
2. Beware – When fasting is becoming a history in your spiritual timetable.
3. Beware – When you no longer enjoy reading the word of God.
4. Beware – When attending church programme is becoming a burden rather than a blessing for you.
5. Beware – When living a life of holiness is appearing like extremism.
6. Beware – When sinful living becomes a lifestyle in the name of grace.
7. Beware – When you crave for earthly things rather than the things of God.
8. Beware – When waking up in the night to pray is becoming a thing of the past.
9. Beware brethren – When your heart no longer desires to see the Lord Jesus one day.
10. Beware – When you eat more than pray
11. Beware – When you no longer share the Word of God with others.
12. Beware – When you start diluting the preaching Word of God to keep people around you.
13. Beware – When you spend more time on Facebook, whatsapp, twitter, and internet. These things become idols and take the place of God.
14. Beware – When you are very spiritual outside but inside full of spiritual dryness..
15. Beware – When you have more carnal friends than spiritual friends..
16. Beware – When you ignore messages such as these.
Beware of all these, brethren. Satan isn’t resting. We too must be vigilant.
Lets prepare, Jesus is coming soon to take those who are eagerly waiting for him!
Just checking in today
(A forwarded message)
A Minister passing through his church in the middle of the day decided to pause by the altar to see who came to pray.
Just then the back door opened, and a man came down the aisle,
The minister frowned as he saw the man hadn’t shaved in a while.
His shirt was torn and shabby, and his coat was worn and frayed,
The man knelt down and bowed his head, then rose and walked away.
In the days that followed at precisely noon, the preacher saw this chap,
Each time he knelt just for a moment, a lunch pail in his lap.
Well, the minister’s suspicions grew, with robbery a main fear,
He decided to stop and ask the man, ‘What are you doing here?’
The old man said he was a factory worker and lunch was half an hour
Lunchtime was his prayer time, for finding strength and power.
I stay only a moment because the factory’s far away;
As I kneel here talking to the Lord, this is kind of what I say:
‘I Just Came By To Tell You, Lord, How Happy I Have Been,
Since We Found Each Other’s Friendship And You Took Away My Sin.
Don’t Know Much Of How To Pray, But I Think About You Every day.
So, Jesus, This Is Ben, Just Checking In Today.’
The minister feeling foolish, Told Ben that it was fine.
He told the man that he was welcome to pray there anytime.
‘It’s time to go, and thanks,’ Ben said as he hurried to the door.
Then the minister knelt there at the altar, which he’d never done before.
His heart melted, warmed with love, as he met with Jesus there.
As the tears flowed down his cheeks, He repeated old Ben’s prayer:
‘I Just Came By To Tell You, Lord, How Happy I’ve Been,
Since We Found Each Other’s Friendship and You Took Away My Sin.
I Don’t Know Much Of How To Pray, But I Think About You Every day.
So, Jesus, This Is Me, Just Checking In Today.’
Past noon one day, the minister noticed that old Ben hadn’t come.
As more days passed and still no Ben, He began to worry some.
At the factory, he asked about him, learning he was ill.
The hospital staff was worried, But he’d given them a thrill.
The week that Ben was with them, Brought changes in the ward.
His smiles and joy contagious. Changed people were his reward.
The head nurse couldn’t understand why Ben could be so glad,
When no flowers, calls or cards came, not a visitor he had.
The minister stayed by his bed, He voiced the nurse’s concern:
No friends had come to show they cared. He had nowhere to turn.
Looking surprised, old Ben spoke up and with a winsome smile;
‘The nurse is wrong, she couldn’t know, He’s been here all the while.’
Every day at noon He comes here, a dear friend of mine, you see,
He sits right down and takes my hand, Leans over and says to me:
‘I Just Came By To Tell You, Ben, How Happy I Have Been,
Since We Found This Friendship, And I Took Away Your Sin.
I Think About You Always And I Love To Hear You Pray,
And So Ben, This Is Jesus, Just Checking In Today.’
If this blesses you, pass it on. Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart…
May God hold you in the palm of His hand And Angels watch over you.
So, FRIENDS & FAMILY, this is ME …”Just Checking In Today”
Which is the best day to pray?
“One day, a young boy asked an old man: “Sir, which is the best day to pray?”
The wise old man replied: “My son, the best day to pray is the day before you die”.
The boy was astonished and replied: “Sir, how can I know the day of my death?”
And the old man answered: “No one knows the day of his death, that’s why we need to pray everyday.”