Drink it in
Take the cup of Jesus Christ
Drink it in
Be ye filled with His pure life
Drink His blood
And take His life into your own
The Blessed Lamb
The Holy One
The Son of God
His life is given once for all
His grace to us is free
Given as a ransom paid
The price for you and me
Drink it in
Drink in His love’s refreshing power
Drink it in
And find your strength for this dark hour
Fill your cup
And taste the sorrow of our Lord
Fill it up
And know His joy forevermore
Oh should you turn this cup away
His grace in hatred spurn
There is no more forgiveness
And your soul will ever burn
Drink it in
Take the cup of Jesus Christ
Drink it in
Be ye filled with His pure life
Drink it in
May I urge you just once more
Drink it in
Drink it in
And find His cleansing for your soul
38 Then Jesus, deeply moved again, came to the tomb. It was a cave, and a stone lay against it. 39 Jesus said, “Take away the stone.” Martha, the sister of the dead man, said to him, “Lord, by this time there will be an odor, for he has been dead four days.” 40 Jesus said to her, “Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?” 41 So they took away the stone. And Jesus lifted up his eyes and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me.” 43 When he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out.” 44 The man who had died came out, his hands and feet bound with linen strips, and his face wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Unbind him, and let him go.” (John 11:38-44)
All praise unto the Lord God and his Son Jesus Christ who along with the Holy Spirit don’t ever stop doing good to those who believe in the Gospel. Blessed is He who comes in the name of Lord. Amen.
A person is usually called a sinner as per the sinful action he commits. There is also something called as sin of inaction and apathy. In such a sin a person has a chance to do what is good but he willfully avoids.
For someone who never felt that avoiding good works is a sin, I’d say that it is indeed a sin. And the following scripture verses confirm this:
- So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin (James 4:17)
- And that servant who knew his master’s will but did not get ready or act according to his will, will receive a severe beating. (Luke 12:47)
- For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. (2 Peter 2:21)
If you get an opportunity to do an act of kindness without compromising on your holiness then go ahead to do good. Saying kind words are not taxable, so why are you worried about the cost? Obviously, kindness that I’m talking about is not flattery nor trickery but genuine kindness.
The sin of inaction and apathy often partners with a slothful person. Some are always slothful but some are too cunning. Such people might be selectively active. So wherever they can serve themselves but when it comes to helping others they will totally avoid it. They love to pass on the buck to someone else. The usual excuse is that they don’t have the time and the money. Well, everyone gets 24 hours a day so the time excuse is invalid. The money excuse too is weird because there are plenty of good deeds that don’t actually need money to be spent in any way. You can always give away your old or unused clothes and furniture to a charity that looks after the poorest of the poor. You could help a blind person cross the road. Suppose you’re at a garden, you can watch out for children who are temporarily left unattended by their parents (there are freaks who try to harm children who are alone in parks) and raise an alarm if someone tries to hurt such children. Such things don’t need money but rather a mind open to the will of God.
A righteous man knows the rights of the poor; a wicked man does not understand such knowledge. (Proverbs 29:7)
Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction. Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy. (Proverbs 31: 8-9)
There are those who are oppressed who need your help and prayers. Their voices are not considered by society and so in a way they are voiceless. If you hear or know of such people in trouble do not deny them their right to exist. Speak up for them unto God and unto people who fight for justice. Pray that all workers of iniquity are stopped from carrying out their vile deeds against those you know are being oppressed by them. You can also approach the relevant church or human or racial equality groups so that the downtrodden of society get help.
Now if you into the sin of inaction and apathy its time that you realize that firstly this is indeed a sin and next its punishable in the afterlife. If you read Matthew 25:31-46 which speaks of the Final Judgement you will notice that Jesus our Lord will condemn all those who avoided doing what is right. The following verses of Matthew chapter 25 confirm this:
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Today is the time that you can choose to be open to the will of God and repent of every sin. Repent of all sins of inaction and apathy. Desire to actually do what is good and holy in the eyes and life for the glory of God always.
Suggested Prayer: Dear Lord Jesus, I believe that you are the Son of God and that you will judge all sinners on Judgement Day. I repent of every sin, especially those of inaction and apathy. You are active in doing good to all those who believe in you, for this I give you praise. I resolve by your example to use every opportunity to do good whenever I can. Lord guide me by your Holy Spirit to use my intellect, talents and resources effectively to help others who are in trouble and need my help. Give me the wisdom to be able to do all this in holiness and without being fooled by any evil doer. I ask this in your Holy name, O Lord Jesus Christ. Amen and Amen.
Lets read 1 Peter 5:6-11 which speaks of restoration in Christ:
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
This year 2014 has had times of suffering, anxieties and temptations in various forms. Consider yourself fortunate to be alive and in one piece for many have suffered persecution and martyrdom for Christ our Lord, this year. They will surely be rewarded in heaven for their faithfulness. For they were faithful to their last breath, so God will reward their faith with everlasting comfort in heaven.
As the new year which is the year 2015, is approaching us steadily and surely, take your time to reflect on the wisdom of the Lord in 1 Peter 5:10 (you might as well consider the few verses before and after it). All across the world, our brothers and sisters in the Christian faith have suffered various kinds of discrimination and hatred for standing up for the Gospel and at times even for just believing in it. There is no reason to fear the Devil though. This is because Christ has conquered Death, sin and the grave. You are encouraged to cast your cares and anxieties unto God. Be humble unto God, knowing that he is mighty to save. Because you love God you must resist the Evil one in every area of your life. Let nothing of the kingdom of darkness lay claim over you.
Now for the prayer points which you can confess for yourself and others:
- We pray for those who haven’t yet heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That God sends more preachers and missionaries to meet more unreached people across the world and give them the Gospel. Also, that these people on hearing the Gospel truly adore Christ as their Lord and Savior. Amen.
- We pray for complete restoration in relationships, finances and health and anything else which was lost. That all the years of losses are overcome. Also that oneself is fully healed emotionally no matter what is the cause of suffering. Let the grace to overcome be given by Christ. Amen.
- We pray that God is glorified in those who profess Jesus Christ as their Messiah. That those to profess faith, hope and love in Jesus also walk their talk. That more and more Christians get out of the traps of hypocrisy which the Evil One has thrown towards them. Also, that we are set free from all presumption that leads to sin. We ask this in Jesus name. Amen.
- We pray that more Christian youth take the worship of the Lord God seriously and take delight in adoring him. Let even the little one loves to praise the Lord even more.
- We pray that those who are harmed in any way due to terrorism, injustice, calamity etc are helped to recover. Cause the workers of mercy and justice to come forth and strive for the peace and restoration of those who lost out on their secure living.
- We pray that the Jewish people desire to glorify the Lord God by not depending on vain traditions of men but go by the words of the prophets. That they realize the need to accept the Messiah and most importantly they recognize their One True Messiah in Jesus Christ.
- We pray for the all those in the body of Christ which is the Church. That all receive encouragement to worship and adore the Lord God without any fear and hesitation but with a mind open to the will of God. That people become more creative in the worship of Christ. That all who call upon the Lord are encouraged to praise him more in Spirit and in truth. Amen.
- We pray that those who are engaged in whatsoever capacity to preach or promote the Gospel of Jesus Christ receive all the grace they need to carry on. May they overcome all those who ignore, ridicule and even persecute them. We pray that those who preach the Gospel therefore are refreshed and renewed within. We pray for their security so that the Gospel is preached to all the ends of the Earth. Amen.
- We pray that the name of Lord Jesus is glorified in the good works that all those who believe in him are called out to do. That all those who are given the grace to bring healing to others, continue to do for the glory of God. Also, that all those who do various forms of ministry do so with a strong and renewed desire to see the Lord God glorified in all that they do. Amen.
- Finally, we also pray that the good work that Christ began in us be brought to completion in Him. That God’s works in us are protected by God himself along with his holy angels. Deliver us from all evil and workers of iniquity and demons and give us peace O Lord God. In the name of Jesus we pray and believe. Amen.
Our Lord Jesus Christ came to earth not for the righteous but for the sinners. Man by himself couldn’t make atonement for himself. So God sent his only begotten son Jesus to be born of a woman and save mankind from their sins. The birth of Jesus is also called as the Incarnation of the Son of God.
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14)
We know that the grace of God comes through Jesus to all those who believe in him. This grace is for sinners who turn their hearts and minds to the Lord Jesus. Here a sinner doesn’t have to earn his salvation because he simply cannot do so. In fact Jesus gives forgiveness of sins to those who repent in his name. Our Lord made it very clear that he came for sinners.
And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.” (Mark 2:17)
I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. (Luke 5:32)
The birth of Jesus is popularly celebrated on Christmas Day. Certain religious denominations have their own day assigned as the birthday of Jesus. My point here is that whatever is the actual birthday (I hope if someone can prove it by the Holy Scriptures without speculation), we must realize that he was indeed born and that too born for a purpose.
Generally speaking Jesus came on earth born to do the will of God. The will of God is manifest in the Bible. It’s wise to try to understand the specific will of God for Jesus as well. Two things come very clear. Firstly, Christ came to seek and save the lost. Secondly, he came to destroy the works of the Enemy.
To seek and save the lost
- For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. (Matthew 18:11)
- For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
- And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. (John 17:3)
To destroy the works of the Enemy
- I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.” (Genesis 3:15) (This is when God spoke of Jesus being born of a woman to defeat the Devil)
- Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. (1 John 3:8)
So whether it’s Christmas or Easter or whichever time you can think of do not get carried away by the glitz and dazzle that you will see around you. For those who want to celebrate with a good dinner and decorations there’s no prohibition only please do not sin in anyway. Eat and drink in moderation to the glory of God and not for men. However, in all your enjoyment at this time remember that you are celebrating the birth of the One True Saviour of the World and also remember that Christ will remain true to his purposes always.
This Christmas remember to say “Happy Birthday Jesus!”
Stand not O lover of God in the darkness for God is light and in him is no darkness at all. Jesus is the light of world. He is Holy One of God who takes away of your sins. Do not fear the world that tempts you to sin but rather be courageous in Jesus Christ. He gives grace to the humble. Be humble enough to ask for his help when you are tempted in any form.
The world is beset by darkness, spiritual darkness to be precise. No wonder those who don’t have the light of Christ are covered by the darkness. We may live in a fallen world but are not called to share in its fallen nature. Awake O lover of God to his call to faith in Jesus the Son of God who gives you salvation.
Be not caught up in the darkness of sin and deceit. For the Evil One controls the destinies of people dwelling in sin. These people refused the light of God because of their love of darkness. Pray for such people instead of thinking of yourself as too great. Even you once were subject to the darkness due to your sin until Jesus Christ forgave you when you turned back to him. So be humble for your salvation is by God and not by your good works nor good looks.
Cling to Jesus Christ and love God. Live not for your selfish pursuits of sinful pleasure and riches. Rather live for the glory of God. Reject the falsehood of the world, the works of wickedness and those who hate Christ our Lord. Be in the light so that you give true glory to God.
I pray that the light of our Lord Jesus Christ shine on you and your loved ones always in this life and in the next life which also includes the new heaven and the new earth and most importantly new Jerusalem. All praise and glory to our Lord Jesus Christ the Son of God. Amen.
For it is you who light my lamp; the Lord my God lightens my darkness.( Psalm 18:28)
And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky above; and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever. (Daniel 12:3)
For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the Lord will arise upon you, and his glory will be seen upon you. And nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.( Isaiah 60:2-3)
And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.” (John 3:19-28)
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”(John 8:12)
This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. ( 1 John 1:5-7)
And I said, ‘Who are you, Lord?’ And the Lord said, ‘I am Jesus whom you are persecuting. But rise and stand upon your feet, for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you as a servant and witness to the things in which you have seen me and to those in which I will appear to you, delivering you from your people and from the Gentiles—to whom I am sending you to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me. (Acts 26:15-18)
In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 4:4-6)
But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who in his testimony before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, to keep the commandment unstained and free from reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which he will display at the proper time—he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen. (Timothy 6:11-16)
That you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world (Philippians 2:15)
For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness.( 1 Thessalonians 5:5)
The sun shall be no more your light by day, nor for brightness shall the moon give you light; but the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory. (Isaiah 60:19)
And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb. By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it, and its gates will never be shut by day—and there will be no night there. They will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations. But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s book of life. (Revelation 21:23-27)